Hello IOTA Forum

iota recovering issue

https://forum.helloiota.com/Topic6424.aspx

By vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Hello,
I use the latest wallet version 2.5.6 and i have only 3 Mi credited on my account after generated more than 120 addresses.
Can you help me to recover all my iotas ?
Many thanks for your answer.
Vincent
By Winston - 22 Dec 2017

vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
I use the latest wallet version 2.5.6 and i have only 3 Mi credited on my account after generated more than 120 addresses.
Vincent

@vinc Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community. It'll be tough for anyone to provide help without many more details. Addresses, transaction hashes, and full history/context are all necessary for anyone to help out.
By vinc - 22 Dec 2017

i tried to understand my history transaction. See below the link :
https://iotasear.ch/address/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX
(this is my address already generated in my wallet but zero iota credited.
On this link you can see 4.6 Gi sent out to address APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
this address is not yet generated in my wallet history after 100 addresses generated. So what do you think ?
For me there is 2 solutions :
- one guy stolle my iotas and APXZS.... is his iota address where my iotas were gone.
- or i have not yet generated this address in my wallet that's why iota from this address are not yet credited.

Also i checked this address   APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
I see in the address list that the status of this address is available. What does it means ?
in fact what i have to do to recover my iota ?
Many thanks for your help.
Vincent
By Winston - 22 Dec 2017

vinc - 22 Dec 2017
https://iotasear.ch/address/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX
On this link you can see 4.6 Gi sent out to address APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
this address is not yet generated in my wallet history after 100 addresses generated. So what do you think ?
- one guy stolle my iotas and APXZS.... is his iota address where my iotas were gone.
- or i have not yet generated this address in my wallet that's why iota from this address are not yet credited.

Also i checked this address   APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
I see in the address list that the status of this address is available. What does it means ?
Vincent

@vinc You didn't send the outgoing transaction to the APXZS... address, correct? If you weren't the one who sent that transaction, and your seed doesn't grant you access to that address, unfortunately your funds were stolen.
By vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

@vinc You didn't send the outgoing transaction to the APXZS... address, correct? If you weren't the one who sent that transaction, and your seed doesn't grant you access to that address, unfortunately your funds were stolen.

By vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

For me This is just almost impossible the fund was stolen, my seed is securely stored, i created it from my head. I didn't send fund to this address and for the moment this address is not generated in my wallet. This fund desappear when it was on wallet version 2.4.0 during transition phase. It was impossible for me to perform this transition. So i have only one seed. Every body told me to install the latest version and try to generate addresses, i recover 3 Mi and that's all. The guy from support told me that my transaction address status is «re use» and he doesn't understand why. 
Strange situation. I will try to generate more address. What do you think ?
By Winston - 23 Dec 2017

vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

For me This is just almost impossible the fund was stolen, my seed is securely stored, i created it from my head. I didn't send fund to this address and for the moment this address is not generated in my wallet. This fund desappear when it was on wallet version 2.4.0 during transition phase. It was impossible for me to perform this transition. So i have only one seed. Every body told me to install the latest version and try to generate addresses, i recover 3 Mi and that's all. The guy from support told me that my transaction address status is «re use» and he doesn't understand why. 

@vinc Well there's no use in generating more addresses if you know for sure that you didn't send that outgoing 4.6 Gi transaction. If there's any question that you might have actually sent it, by all means look for the other seed that you saved. The tangle explorer doesn't show address reuse, but it could just be because the explorer doesn't have databases that go back that far.
By vinc - 23 Dec 2017

Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

@vinc Well there's no use in generating more addresses if you know for sure that you didn't send that outgoing 4.6 Gi transaction. If there's any question that you might have actually sent it, by all means look for the other seed that you saved. The tangle explorer doesn't show address reuse, but it could just be because the explorer doesn't have databases that go back that far.

Ok, so i've never send this fund to.this,address and i have only one seed securely stored. But input address is in reuse status so it's very stange. In this,case what i have to do
By Winston - 23 Dec 2017

vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

Ok, so i've never send this fund to.this,address and i have only one seed securely stored. But input address is in reuse status so it's very stange. In this,case what i have to do

@vinc It looks like these funds are gone, so I'm not sure there's anything you can do.
By mm1alf - 24 Dec 2017

vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
Vincent

I thought the latest wallet was 2.5.5. Am I incorrect ??
By Winston - 24 Dec 2017

mm1alf - 24 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
Vincent

I thought the latest wallet was 2.5.5. Am I incorrect ?

@mm1alf v2.5.6 is the newest version
By vinc - 24 Dec 2017

Is there a procedure against iota foundation to do to reclaim my iota? I know some people who lost their bitcoins got sucess refunding their btc from foundation. 
I dont't speak about claim tool because it needs 2 seeds and i have only one from version 2.4.0.
What can you suggest me ? Can you give me a personal contact to join as a iota foundation member ? Many thanks for your help.
By mm1alf - 25 Dec 2017

Winston - 24 Dec 2017
mm1alf - 24 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
Vincent

I thought the latest wallet was 2.5.5. Am I incorrect ?

@mm1alf v2.5.6 is the newest version

Thank you. It seems two new wallets came fast and right behind each other. Is there a reason for this?
By CHRISTIANA - 26 Dec 2017

Maybe my thread can help you not to feel that you are the only one with the same problem ... they say "they were stolen" but we have the certainty that it was not like that. I continued looking for my miotas and I arrived at possible solutions, maybe they help you ... but unfortunately I still do not recover but they are in my wallet. We should do something together, make a group and all of us that have the same problem claim.

https://forum.helloiota.com/5115/Help-so-URGENT-please-I-trust-IOTA-but-Im-scared
By vinc - 26 Dec 2017

CHRISTIANA - 26 Dec 2017
Maybe my thread can help you not to feel that you are the only one with the same problem ... they say "they were stolen" but we have the certainty that it was not like that. I continued looking for my miotas and I arrived at possible solutions, maybe they help you ... but unfortunately I still do not recover but they are in my wallet. We should do something together, make a group and all of us that have the same problem claim.

https://forum.helloiota.com/5115/Help-so-URGENT-please-I-trust-IOTA-but-Im-scared

Yes christiana i agree with you, i think wecan keep contact and for sure we have to join a foundation mermber to solve our problem manually
By vinc - 28 Dec 2017

Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

@vinc It looks like these funds are gone, so I'm not sure there's anything you can do.

Hello again @Winston,
Just to clarify my situation :
TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX is my adress from where funds has been sent. This address is already generated in my wallet with zero iota credited.
4,6 Gi has been sent to this address below : APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
This address is from iota foundation According to wallet address listing below : https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt
There was a snapshot on 22.09.2017 and my funds were transfer the same date.
So i think funds fall in iota foundation. That's correct ? if it is, i think i have to perform the reclaim trough reclaim tool.
What do you think ?
Vinc
By Winston - 28 Dec 2017

vinc - 28 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

Hello again @Winston,
TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX is my adress from where funds has been sent. This address is already generated in my wallet with zero iota credited.
4,6 Gi has been sent to this address below : APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
This address is from iota foundation According to wallet address listing below : https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt
So i think funds fall in iota foundation. That's correct ? if it is, i think i have to perform the reclaim trough reclaim tool.
What do you think ?
Vinc

@vinc
https://iotasear.ch/hash/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX

The 4.6 Gi was sent from the above address (TPFBIF...) to the below address (APXZS...) about 3 months ago.

https://iotasear.ch/address/APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9

APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9; 4600000000; AVAILABLE

The APXZS... address is currently available. This means that the IOTA Foundation doesn't hold your balance, you do not need to reclaim, and you simply need to generate addresses in your seed for the balance to appear and become available to you. Thanks for checking in.
By vinc - 28 Dec 2017

Winston - 28 Dec 2017
vinc - 28 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

Hello again @Winston,
What do you think ?
Vinc

@vinc
https://iotasear.ch/hash/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX

The 4.6 Gi was sent from the above address (TPFBIF...) to the below address (APXZS...) about 3 months ago.

https://iotasear.ch/address/APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9

APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9; 4600000000; AVAILABLE

The APXZS... address is currently available. This means that the IOTA Foundation doesn't hold your balance, you do not need to reclaim, and you simply need to generate addresses in your seed for the balance to appear and become available to you. Thanks for checking in.

ok but i have already generated more than 150 addresses without recovering the 4.6 Gi. The APXZS... address has not been generated.
By vinc - 29 Dec 2017

also i read again this : https://forum.helloiota.com/PrintTopic105.aspx
on this link we can see :
"people who did not transition yet, the IOTA foundation has taken the precaution to remove those old-style addresses from the snapshot and has taken custody of them. They will shortly come up with a method for people who did not transition yet to access these funds. So if your previous wallet was from before version 2.4.0 you may fall into that category. I will explain the way to check for that further down."

So i think i found my situation because. at begenning i was on iota wallet version 2.4.0 and i was not able to perform the transition. So according to this link,iota fundaton took funds.
it's strange because  APX... address is AVAILABLE.
What do you think ?
Many thanks for you help.
Vinc
By Winston - 29 Dec 2017

vinc - 29 Dec 2017
"people who did not transition yet, the IOTA foundation has taken the precaution to remove those old-style addresses from the snapshot and has taken custody of them. They will shortly come up with a method for people who did not transition yet to access these funds. So if your previous wallet was from before version 2.4.0 you may fall into that category. I will explain the way to check for that further down."

So i think i found my situation because. at begenning i was on iota wallet version 2.4.0 and i was not able to perform the transition. So according to this link,iota fundaton took funds.
What do you think ?
Vinc

@vinc The IOTA Foundation does not have your funds. You're in the wrong seed if you've generated 150 addresses without finding your balance. Try logging into the wallet by manually typing the seed
By vinc - 29 Dec 2017

Winston - 29 Dec 2017
vinc - 29 Dec 2017

What do you think ?
Vinc

@vinc The IOTA Foundation does not have your funds. You're in the wrong seed if you've generated 150 addresses without finding your balance. Try logging into the wallet by manually typing the seed

@Winston i log in the wallet by manually typing my seed and i find the same wallet with same history and same balance.
By vinc - 29 Dec 2017

@Winston I log in my wallet by manually typing the seed and i find the same wallet with same balance ( only 3 Mi recovering since the beginning after generating 158 addresses.
By Winston - 29 Dec 2017

@vinc This means that you're still in the wrong seed. The address in which your balance resides belongs to a different seed than the one you're logging into. You need to troubleshoot this and figure out where the problem is. A bunch of people mis-type the seed upon first login or mis-copy/paste (forget to copy the last character or first character). Try different variations of your seed to figure out which one produces the address in question.
By vinc - 2 Jan 2018

Winston - 29 Dec 2017
@vinc This means that you're still in the wrong seed. The address in which your balance resides belongs to a different seed than the one you're logging into. You need to troubleshoot this and figure out where the problem is. A bunch of people mis-type the seed upon first login or mis-copy/paste (forget to copy the last character or first character). Try different variations of your seed to figure out which one produces the address in question.

( happy new year..)
Ok Well copy, i did it and still the same, i'm in the same seed when i copy/paste or when i write manually.
What can i do to recover it ?
Many thanks
By Winston - 2 Jan 2018

vinc - 2 Jan 2018
Winston - 29 Dec 2017

( happy new year..)
Ok Well copy, i did it and still the same, i'm in the same seed when i copy/paste or when i write manually.
Many thanks

@vinc This is bad news, unfortunately. You likely had a typo or some other error when initially logging into the wallet, so you'll have to figure out where that mistake occurred in order to log into that seed again. Can you try different variations of the seed in an attempt to find a potential typo?

As a last resort, you could consider using this tool:
Seed recovery tool - https://forum.helloiota.com/7000/Seed-recovery-tool-for-typos
By vinc - 4 Jan 2018

Winston - 2 Jan 2018
vinc - 2 Jan 2018
Winston - 29 Dec 2017

( happy new year..)
Many thanks

@vinc This is bad news, unfortunately. You likely had a typo or some other error when initially logging into the wallet, so you'll have to figure out where that mistake occurred in order to log into that seed again. Can you try different variations of the seed in an attempt to find a potential typo?

Seed recovery tool - https://forum.helloiota.com/7000/Seed-recovery-tool-for-typos
@Winston i try different variation, manually or copy paste, also i chaque number of letter, but i log in every time on the same seed, for me there is no mistake about the seed, i don't know what i can do.
By Winston - 4 Jan 2018

vinc - 4 Jan 2018
Winston - 2 Jan 2018
vinc - 2 Jan 2018
Winston - 29 Dec 2017

( happy new year..)
Many thanks

@Winston i try different variation, manually or copy paste, also i chaque number of letter, but i log in every time on the same seed, for me there is no mistake about the seed, i don't know what i can do.

@vinc
Unfortunately it's impossible to gain access to your balance unless you can find a seed that generates the addresses in which your balance is held. If the seed doesn't generate the address that holds your balance, then you're a different seed than the one you initially used to generate that address.

You can try following all of the steps laid out in this thread: https://forum.helloiota.com/7389/My-balance-is-wrong-An-initial-troubleshooting-guide
By fvantom - 5 Jan 2018

@vinc It could be that you made a typo in your seed during login when generating the address you have send the funds to.
I have written a tool that has successfully helped 6 people to recover their funds.

It's open source. Maybe it'll help you too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7lqyzd/tool_to_help_you_recover_lost_funds_in_specific/

let me know if you require assistance with it.
By vinc - 9 Mar 2018

fvantom - 5 Jan 2018
@vinc It could be that you made a typo in your seed during login when generating the address you have send the funds to.
I have written a tool that has successfully helped 6 people to recover their funds.

It's open source. Maybe it'll help you too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7lqyzd/tool_to_help_you_recover_lost_funds_in_specific/

let me know if you require assistance with it.

Thanks, sorry for delay but i tried different solutions and still the same.. i nee your assitance for your procedure, can you assist me ?
Many thanks
By vinc - 9 Mar 2018

Hello again,
i tried logging into wallet manually typing seed, using the new version, my balance is zero and i generating addresses because APX...address is not generated.
What do you think ?
Many thanks
By vinc - 9 Mar 2018

TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX
i inform you thatThese address from where iotas were sending has been generated to my last version wallet., without any iota. I continue to generate address to try to get APX... address ( address where iotas were sent to).
I inform you also that i recover 3 Mi from another address, but nothing else...
What do you think about it ?
By vinc - 9 Mar 2018

My funds of 4,6 Gi are here :
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

( by searching in the list address : APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9)
status always "available", but my wallet doesn't generate this address, so not possible to recover it.
Any other idea ? i'm little bit lost...
By vinc - 9 Mar 2018

just to add something : i've never send 4,6Gi from address TPF...   to address  APX...   that's means funds have been stolen ?
By Winston - 11 Mar 2018

vinc - 9 Mar 2018
just to add something : i've never send 4,6Gi from address TPF...   to address  APX...   that's means funds have been stolen ?

@vinc 
Thanks for all of the posts. If your funds were sent in an outgoing transaction that you didn't make, and they ended up in an address that your seed doesn't generate, then unfortunately those funds are now gone.

If you suspect that you were previously able to generate the APX... address, but are just having trouble doing it now, then it's certainly a seed typo issue. But if there's an outgoing transaction that you didn't make, then the situation is much more dire.

By vinc - 2 Aug 2018

Hello,
I was out of my country for few months, i've just came back home.
I will try to resume my recovery procedure. Thanks for your support.
For the moment i have download the latest wallet version 2.5.7 and try to log in...

Vinc