Hello IOTA Forum

IOTA BALANCE 0 IN NEW TRINITY WALLET

https://forum.helloiota.com/Topic19305.aspx

By quatroa2 - 3 Jun 2019

Good day- 
Here are the facts of my situation.  I thank you in advance for your assistance! 
1. I had not logged on to my Windows computer which contained my Iota light wallet for several months. When I logged on my balance had gone to zero as there had been some sort've snapshot of some sort.
2. I did a resync and voila my balance reappeared.  I copied the new address I noticed in my light wallet.
3. Several days later my Windows computer blacked out.
4. I opened the new Trinity wallet with my Mac and tried to sync my old seed but the balance was 0mi. I tried the tool where it searches to sync but the balance continues to be 0mi.
5.  I then tried my address's that I had copied but those are 90 seeds. Which I didn't know was an issue until I tried to add them to my account... 
6.  On one of my new address's I removed the last 9 digits of the 90 so there would be 81 seeds and tried several times to sync but still 0 balance.  I didn't try too many times as I didn't know if I was troubleshooting correctly.  I did check my account balance and it appeared on a IOTA balance scan even though the balance was slightly less. It was pretty close to my original amount and it was there - 

Ive run out of ideas.  Please assist as you can see from above I am not fully technical but I try my best and so far everything has been good.  

Thank you !!
By Winston - 4 Jun 2019

quatroa2 - 3 Jun 2019
Good day- 
Here are the facts of my situation.  I thank you in advance for your assistance! 
1. I had not logged on to my Windows computer which contained my Iota light wallet for several months. When I logged on my balance had gone to zero as there had been some sort've snapshot of some sort.
2. I did a resync and voila my balance reappeared.  I copied the new address I noticed in my light wallet.
3. Several days later my Windows computer blacked out.
4. I opened the new Trinity wallet with my Mac and tried to sync my old seed but the balance was 0mi. I tried the tool where it searches to sync but the balance continues to be 0mi.
5.  I then tried my address's that I had copied but those are 90 seeds. Which I didn't know was an issue until I tried to add them to my account... 
6.  On one of my new address's I removed the last 9 digits of the 90 so there would be 81 seeds and tried several times to sync but still 0 balance.  I didn't try too many times as I didn't know if I was troubleshooting correctly.  I did check my account balance and it appeared on a IOTA balance scan even though the balance was slightly less. It was pretty close to my original amount and it was there - 

Ive run out of ideas.  Please assist as you can see from above I am not fully technical but I try my best and so far everything has been good.  

Thank you !!

@quatroa2
Hey quotro, thanks for the detailed post and welcome to Hello IOTA.

"2. I did a resync and voila my balance reappeared. I copied the new address I noticed in my light wallet."
Can you post this address here so that we can take a look at it together on the tangle explorer please?