Hello IOTA Forum

Trinity issue after updating the wallet.

https://forum.helloiota.com/Topic19274.aspx

By saccomano - 28 May 2019

I updated the trinity wallet and logged in yesterday (I rarely log in to my wallet) and now the wallet shows no transaction history and 0 $ balance, however it does show the balance in Miota.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do in order to see my $ balance again?

By Winston - 29 May 2019

saccomano - 28 May 2019
I updated the trinity wallet and logged in yesterday (I rarely log in to my wallet) and now the wallet shows no transaction history and 0 $ balance, however it does show the balance in Miota.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do in order to see my $ balance again?

@saccomano
This post has been moved to the help forum.

A few other people have reported this same issue in this forum (you can read their posts below this thread). Sounds like a bug in the wallet. Be sure to report it to the Trinity team on github and in the IOTA discord.

By Winston - 30 May 2019

saccomano - 28 May 2019

@saccomano
Here's an update from the Trinity team that answers your question:
"We have seen a number of user reports about two known issues in Trinity. These are:

The iota-fiat currency API we use (CryptoCompare) recently changed its format and so fiat balances are displayed incorrectly
- This has since been fixed and will be available in the next update (see #1595)
On Windows the database we use (Realm) does not initialise if the user has special characters in their OS username
- We are currently looking into a work around (see #1594)"

The newest release just came out today.