Hello IOTA Forum

Help exporting from Trinity Wallet

https://forum.helloiota.com/Topic19165.aspx

By Chuggers - 17 May 2019

Hi guys, I recently attempted to send MIOTA to Binance to do some trading and I encountered a message saying there was a transaction pending. I scoured the wallet for info and found the pending transaction but I couldn't stop it or find out where it was heading. This means that somehow my MIOTA is locked in transit somewhere. Can anybody help with this? Thanks in advance!
By CryptoHamster - 18 May 2019

Hi @Chuggers,
welcome to Hello IOTA!
Nobody can stop a transaction, it’s just not possible.
The normal way to solve this would be to get the pending transaction confirmed and I could help you with this. But I’m not sure yet if you really want it to confirm. Can you tell me why you don’t know where this transaction is heading? Didn’t you this transfer yourself?
If you want me to take a look at the transaction, you can send me the address or transaction hash via PM.
Please don’t post them in public at this point just in case.
By Chuggers - 18 May 2019

Hi Alexa. Firstly, thank you so much for replying to my post. The only place I have made a transaction is to Binance. 
Before sending MIOTA to Binance they warn you that the IOTA address can only be used once, if it fails you need to use a new address. So I know 100% I attempted to send it to Binance...

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Hi Alexa. Firstly, thank you so much for replying to my post. The only place I have made a transaction is to Binance. 
Before sending MIOTA to Binance they warn you that the IOTA address can only be used once, if it fails you need to use a new address. So I know 100% I attempted to send it to Binance...

@Chuggers 
Ok, great. Now that you know where it's heading, there's no reason not to confirm it right? All you should need to do is reattach it. 
If you want me to take a look at it first, you can also post the transaction hash and I'll check if anything's wrong with it.

Hi Alexa, thanks for replying again. I'm looking at the transaction which says 'Pending' and there is a 'Bundle Hash' and an option saying 'Retry'... what should I do?

Update to last comment,  looking at the main wallet screen, the transaction is a receiving transaction which is 'Pending'....

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Update to last comment,  looking at the main wallet screen, the transaction is a receiving transaction which is 'Pending'....

Umm, ok. Then it's not a transaction you sent to Binance?
Maybe we can make sense of it if you give me a transaction hash, a bundle hash or just an address.

Did you receive the photo?

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Did you receive the photo?

Nope. Can you just copy/paste the address or a hash?

Alexa - 18 May 2019
Chuggers - 18 May 2019

Maybe we can make sense of it if you give me a transaction hash, a bundle hash or just an address.

Ok, give me 5 mins as I'm chatting with you on my phone and Trinity wallet is on laptop,... I'll sign in to this page from laptop and copy and paste, thanks for your help and patience!! 😁

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Alexa - 18 May 2019
Chuggers - 18 May 2019

Ok, so this is a zero value transaction and it doesn't have to be confirmed.
Can you post the error message too, please? Photos seem to take some time to load up..

TKWDEDQHVBWLGGXJYLXSY9T9ABOKMRJFZFQPGTIHVJC9YXJX9FSKQKIHIQDKGDJTPLZIEUJGXRUBRKI9B
Alexa where can I find the error message?

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
TKWDEDQHVBWLGGXJYLXSY9T9ABOKMRJFZFQPGTIHVJC9YXJX9FSKQKIHIQDKGDJTPLZIEUJGXRUBRKI9B
Alexa where can I find the error message?

It appeared when you tried sending your funds to Binance, so you should be able to replicate it by trying the same thing again.

Binance is currently down for maintenance,.... I can't replicate the transaction... 

Sorry to waste your time on a Saturday!!

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Binance is currently down for maintenance,.... I can't replicate the transaction... 

Alright, let's try this then: go to "Account" > "Account Management" > "View Addresses".
Do you see any address tht is red and crossed out but has funds on it? 

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Sorry to waste your time on a Saturday!!

You're not wasting my time at all, don't worry. BigGrin

no

ok thanks, it really feels like I am! lol

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
no

Hm, that's strange then. Can you try and send just 1 iota to me? Not Miota, just a single IOTA for testing purposes. 
Try to send it here and see if you get the error again. Smile
NICDZQLBBWXNHOASUSYNSUGFFQTAAMBJIRABONYXGLKSDASWRUXSREVZHZWSSONSTRLSR9NKXLVWRWJKYSSCZQMSHW

Are you like Google 'Alexa'... if I ask you a funny question like "will you marry me?" will you give a funny answer?? :d

BigGrin

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Are you like Google 'Alexa'... if I ask you a funny question like "will you marry me?" will you give a funny answer?? :d

Yeah, if you think that no is a funny answer, I will. BigGrin

How about trying that funny transaction to my address now?

It says "please wait, your available balance is currently being used in another transaction"....

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
It says "please wait, your available balance is currently being used in another transaction"....

Hah! So there's your Error.
Ok, I need to know which addresses you have funds on.
Just look them up in Account Management again and post every address that has funds on it.

Google Alexa is funnier 😜

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Google Alexa is funnier 😜

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, Nathan.

D9LRVWEBFSEYHQWAFJFANAXKVYNVPFCAJBBHZPZIFFYOGEZFVVPFD9KTVIA9XI9PKUAEG9BCWCSJZETGZ
9PDWTSIGKTHWHPITAFJQXYJ9TYINUXC9ZUAFXDJTTSYVIAADJWOGHXQWIL9ZKOPIGQYYGRNYXIILNVBBX
BUABIXSCDBBUB9JCQDCALJYLOFKNTAJSSAQZCSVAFAIUYLGGH9CWZRIC9ZLCHOLTYIUYOKUWTIBNJTSW9
EBNYSKHSVEDEUHTXVWJATDFLQXLYJKKI9PKY9RGIVATSBKTRJNRPKBJPFRK9JPNNABDTFUGKGBDIFTXVX

But you're way more helpful than Google Alexa!!! 💋

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
D9LRVWEBFSEYHQWAFJFANAXKVYNVPFCAJBBHZPZIFFYOGEZFVVPFD9KTVIA9XI9PKUAEG9BCWCSJZETGZ
9PDWTSIGKTHWHPITAFJQXYJ9TYINUXC9ZUAFXDJTTSYVIAADJWOGHXQWIL9ZKOPIGQYYGRNYXIILNVBBX
BUABIXSCDBBUB9JCQDCALJYLOFKNTAJSSAQZCSVAFAIUYLGGH9CWZRIC9ZLCHOLTYIUYOKUWTIBNJTSW9
EBNYSKHSVEDEUHTXVWJATDFLQXLYJKKI9PKY9RGIVATSBKTRJNRPKBJPFRK9JPNNABDTFUGKGBDIFTXVX

These are bundle hashes from when you received funds from an exchange.
I need to know which of your addresses hold these funds now.
So: "Account" > "Account Management" > "View Addresses".
Which addresses do you see there?

Chuggers - 18 May 2019

or is it Amazon? 🤣
you can tell i'm not very smart!

Chuggers - 18 May 2019

Awww, that's very sweet. 
Unfortunatley, unlike electronic Alexa I do have to eat dinner soon.
But I'll be back to check your addresses.

Trinity Wallet is not set out like Microsoft Windows, it's just symbols..... Not easy to navigate like you're asking....

Please, take as long as you need to reply, I knew I was wasting your time,.... and I'm still sorry for it! Maybe let's try again tomorrow? LOL

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Trinity Wallet is not set out like Microsoft Windows, it's just symbols..... Not easy to navigate like you're asking....

"Account" > "Account Management" > "View Addresses".
Just the same like when you told me that you don't see any red, crossed out addresses with balance.

WCDPUWQPZUOTKYGVKFWD9UYXZXEAXSXDVPDU9FZUJEHAEUPCD9MJOPFIC9AHHG9WKTJBJQGVHTCOLSOVBAB9TBMTOX
This is my receiving address

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Please, take as long as you need to reply, I knew I was wasting your time,.... and I'm still sorry for it! Maybe let's try again tomorrow? LOL

Really, no need to be sorry, it's all good! I'm just hungry that's all.

WDDETQGCRWVQBDHHJSBHDDTKZPRCSBXHGAHHJHLKQ9L9NY9SKYTIFBFKSPHFWSIACFIKSIOBHIETSXFJX
this one says received
Y9NPQKJCLLC9KXNLJWSBGXRXNSYEFABVCXOFVLYJDCXLJBVTAHJKZLYBKGSZMSQAFJFDYGFHJKEIKEGDY
this one says received

zero balance in both those addressses...

Alexa - 18 May 2019
How about trying that funny transaction to my address now?

😂

Go get some dinner!!! This can wait.... I've waited over a month already 😊

Thanks for your patience and help trying to get this sorted, I really appreciate it.

Chuggers - 18 May 2019
WCDPUWQPZUOTKYGVKFWD9UYXZXEAXSXDVPDU9FZUJEHAEUPCD9MJOPFIC9AHHG9WKTJBJQGVHTCOLSOVBAB9TBMTOX
This is my receiving address

Ok, I'm back. Smile
This address has never been used and it doesn't contain your funds.
The other strings you've posted are all bundle hashes with zero value transactions, not addresses.
But they do lead to two of your addresses with funds:
https://thetangle.org/address/WKQHXZBSJXAIMKZHA9XVAI9EHIUZSBQOUVFERJGVIBRNGELAXIIBEWIZRXDTEVQODWOWECPW99JJSTPPD

https://thetangle.org/address/MA9CHRZSJTZLSIPUYCSHNRNZXUIXTPTVFQMPKMPFRSHN9CVSYAZJHQOEVBVWTLJEXDQEECUVFVSSLSRDX

I can't see any problem so far, but we haven't found all your addresses yet and I haven't been able to check your first bundle from the screenshot because thetangle.org is acting up and doesn't give me any results for this one. 
Please look for at least one more address with funds in Account Management > View Addresses.

However, I'm starting to think that maybe your Trinity got stuck somehow.  
Please connect to this node: https://perma.iota.partners:443
Then do a Manual Sync via Account > Account Management > Tools > Manual Sync > Sync Account.
When you've done that, try again to send 1 iota to me and see if the error still pops up.  
By Chuggers - 19 May 2019

Good morning Alexa, thanks for your continued help, whilst navigating the wallet I hit the retry tab on the transaction which was still pending, forgetting that the Binance wallet is down for maintenance. It actually sent the transaction (strangely), but now I don't know where the MIOTA is because Binance won't have accepted it, do you think I've now lost it all??

The other strange thing is that even though I just sent it now, it's showing that it was sent on 04/04/2019
here's the bundle hash:
By CryptoHamster - 19 May 2019

Chuggers - 19 May 2019
The other strange thing is that even though I just sent it now, it's showing that it was sent on 04/04/2019
here's the bundle hash:

Good morning Nathan. Smile
Woah, this is really great news!
Your transaction worked now and is already confirmed, too.
When you hit the Retry button, Trinity basically made a copy of your initial transaction from April 4th and sent it to the tangle again, but kept the date of the first try. 

What I think has happened is that the first try went wrong somehow. Maybe the node you were connected to wasn’t completely in synch. Usually, Trinity takes care of this for you, but the check might not have worked properly in your case.
Now, Trinity remembered this failed first attempt and threw the error, but the network actually never received this transaction.
That’s why I couldn’t find anything for that bundle hash, while it clearly existed within your wallet. That's what the Manual sync is for, too.
I don't know why you can't seem to navigate the wallet, maybe you can find a tutorial on youtube or something...

Now, your funds are at Binance and when they enable deposits again, they should credit the balance to your account automatically. If they don’t, open a ticket, ask them to do it and send them this transaction hash to prove that they received your funds:
SICIJHSIQ9JTQCAFEKNNXBP9KRKOTPMAGLAQ9GGJCNGTMM9LUABPJOLXFGAGMZSOKPTZYLNEAEBQ99999

I’m glad that it’s solved now!
Have a great Sunday!

Thank you so much for your help and patience Alexa! Have a great day too, take care!
By CryptoHamster - 20 May 2019

Chuggers - 19 May 2019
Thank you so much for your help and patience Alexa! Have a great day too, take care!

You're very welcome, Nathan! Please come back anytime if you need help again.
I'll try to be funnier next time, too. BigGrin