Hello IOTA Forum

Iota on bitfinex help!!!!!

https://forum.helloiota.com/Topic1620.aspx

By Brocco87 - 27 Nov 2017

Does any one know how I can get my Iota out of bitfined. I have been waiting for 48hours and the wothdrawl is still waiting
By Winston - 27 Nov 2017

Brocco87 - 27 Nov 2017
Does any one know how I can get my Iota out of bitfined. I have been waiting for 48hours and the wothdrawl is still waiting

@Brocco87 I'm not totally up to date on the Bitfinex situation, so maybe someone else with more knowledge can chime in, but they were experiencing some withdrawal backlogs last week that were in the process of being cleaned up. You can send a support ticket to Bitfinex if the withdrawal isn't processed soon.
By Klausob3r - 27 Nov 2017

Winston - 27 Nov 2017
Brocco87 - 27 Nov 2017

@Brocco87 I'm not totally up to date on the Bitfinex situation, so maybe someone else with more knowledge can chime in, but they were experiencing some withdrawal backlogs last week that were in the process of being cleaned up. You can send a support ticket to Bitfinex if the withdrawal isn't processed soon.

I was an early adopter of bitcoin and now I am an early adopter of iota, I don't own any other crypto-coins. I have become a member here to direct your attention towards a video an associate has pointed out to me. It is in German language, so I will give you the lowdown before I give you the link to the video: The explainer says that Bitfinex has come up with a possibly unlawful way to cope with the hack from a few months ago, the one hack that took about 30 million dollars off their net value. They launched a IOU token and used Ether to buy their debt back, and Ether seemingly created 60 million coins for this out of thin air, as it is not bound to anything but the US dollar (funny in a way...). Ether, as we know, is mirroring the US dollar, but without any actual fiat money in their pockets. That combined with the fact that Bitfinex is not connected to any traditional bank and thus has itself no fiat money to have their backs,  it becomes frighteningly clear that Bitfinex is in fact a blowup with no money behind it, a bubble soon to pop. My associates and me have pulled all our IOTA  off Bitfinex. It could mean that a harmful strike against IOTA is at stake, considering that Bitfinex is the top spot for IOTA transactions globally. And one last fact: Bitfinex’s IOTA transactions have become painfully slow within the last 4 weeks, which is also very much going against the idea of IOTA, right?  Any suggestions on this matter, honored admins?
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcPIhD_iMI
By mausarm - 28 Nov 2017

Klausob3r - 27 Nov 2017
Winston - 27 Nov 2017
Brocco87 - 27 Nov 2017

I was an early adopter of bitcoin and now I am an early adopter of iota, I don't own any other crypto-coins. I have become a member here to direct your attention towards a video an associate has pointed out to me. It is in German language, so I will give you the lowdown before I give you the link to the video: The explainer says that Bitfinex has come up with a possibly unlawful way to cope with the hack from a few months ago, the one hack that took about 30 million dollars off their net value. They launched a IOU token and used Ether to buy their debt back, and Ether seemingly created 60 million coins for this out of thin air, as it is not bound to anything but the US dollar (funny in a way...). Ether, as we know, is mirroring the US dollar, but without any actual fiat money in their pockets. That combined with the fact that Bitfinex is not connected to any traditional bank and thus has itself no fiat money to have their backs,  it becomes frighteningly clear that Bitfinex is in fact a blowup with no money behind it, a bubble soon to pop. My associates and me have pulled all our IOTA  off Bitfinex. It could mean that a harmful strike against IOTA is at stake, considering that Bitfinex is the top spot for IOTA transactions globally. And one last fact: Bitfinex’s IOTA transactions have become painfully slow within the last 4 weeks, which is also very much going against the idea of IOTA, right?  Any suggestions on this matter, honored admins?
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcPIhD_iMI

Tether, nicht Ether Wink
By Klausob3r - 28 Nov 2017

Ja sorry richtig Tether... ich korrigiere es Smile
Zu spät. Geht nicht mehr, das editieren.

Also: TETHER ETHER !!!
By Turk - 5 Dec 2017

Winston - 27 Nov 2017
Brocco87 - 27 Nov 2017

I have had good luck with IOTA tx on Bitfinex, so far. But are there other (better?) exchanges where I can trade IOTA?
By Winston - 5 Dec 2017

Turk - 5 Dec 2017
Winston - 27 Nov 2017
Brocco87 - 27 Nov 2017

I have had good luck with IOTA tx on Bitfinex, so far. But are there other (better?) exchanges where I can trade IOTA?

@Turk Binance is another good option. And you can save 50% on fees if you sign up using a referral link. 
https://iotasupport.com/buyingiotaotc.shtml
By Klausob3r - 7 Dec 2017

Funny not much seems to be going on here. Has anyone noticed the extreme delays when you try to send IOTA from Bitfinex to the Light Wallet? We are now waiting more than 48 hours for the transfer to happen. We tried to migrate to Binance, and the first transfer to there went through almost in realtime. But as we tried to send the IOTA from Binance to the Light Wallet, we are informed that the transfer was "suspended" due to "network congestion". 

WHAT IS GOING ON IOTA FOUNDATION?
By rocky3xr - 7 Dec 2017

Klausob3r - 7 Dec 2017
Funny not much seems to be going on here. Has anyone noticed the extreme delays when you try to send IOTA from Bitfinex to the Light Wallet? We are now waiting more than 48 hours for the transfer to happen. We tried to migrate to Binance, and the first transfer to there went through almost in realtime. But as we tried to send the IOTA from Binance to the Light Wallet, we are informed that the transfer was "suspended" due to "network congestion". 

WHAT IS GOING ON IOTA FOUNDATION?

I know 2 people and me that on Nov. we have withdrawal our IOTA from bittfinex and a frew days after we had an out tx of our IOTAs!! all of us from same exchane... This is very strange
By Freely - 7 Dec 2017

Today I saw that Bitfinex now charges Tx fees on IOTA withdrawal. They say it depends on network capacity. At the time of writing the fee was at 0.5 MIOTA. I think this totally contradicts the IOTA system since this is built for zero fee transaction in general!

By the way, I am also having trouble getting my IOTA transferred from Bitfinex to my Wallet.
Hopefully they will remove the Tx fee completely when network capacity is better.
By Winston - 8 Dec 2017

'At the time of writing the fee was at 0.5 MIOTA. I think this totally contradicts the IOTA system since this is built for zero fee transaction in general!'

Switch to Binance!
By Klausob3r - 8 Dec 2017

In my yesterday's IOTA trading session on Bitfinex which turned out to be a total frustration with ZERO Iota leaving Bitfinex, I was very strongly reminded of the fraudulent tilt of the ominous bitcoin exchange Mt.Cox which I lived through live, but was fortunately not a victim to. This is the exact same story. Bitfinex is already on its knees, shivering and shaking. Reading now that they started to charge a fee on IOTA transfers, this is downright treason against the IOTA promise and so I am absolutely sure that this exchange is definitely finished.

Therefor let me state this: MOVE OUT OF BITFINEX WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT or face terrible losses.
Says my good friend Binder Dundat.

We migrated everything to Binance yesterday. Passing IOTA from Bitfinex to Binance worked in real time, but also they would not let us remove IOTA from their site. When trying to transfer IOTA to the wallet from Binance, they put a "Transfer suspended due to network congestion" in your face.

There is a chance that Bitfinex and Binance get their s**t together and stake up on network capability. Else you have only coinone.co.kr as third option - all in Korean, have fun with Google translate... and the rates are average 10% higher than in the west. So Binance is the place to move right now... and it does not seem to be a good one.
By Brocco87 - 8 Dec 2017

I agree i finally got my Iota out of bitfinex after 8days

Brocco87 - 8 Dec 2017
I agree i finally got my Iota out of bitfinex after 8days

8 DAYS !!!!
This can not be called trading.
By Brocco87 - 8 Dec 2017

I agree. Someone should audit bitfinex
By Freely - 8 Dec 2017

Hmmm, there are really strange things going on there. Now I wanted to get my IOTA out of Bitfinex but now they increased the minimum transfer amount to 65 MIOTA. My deposit is less so there's at the moment no possibility to gent my IOTA!!
By esssgeee - 8 Dec 2017

I also have not been able to get my IOTA out of bitfinex yet into my lightwallet , It still says processing after 3 days

Isn't it interesting how IOTA, after a crazy rallye, is all of a sudden halting slightly above USD 4 (around € 3,50) and the rallye, after taking off in a very extreme form just 48 hrs ago, has come to a sudden halt? The IOTA trade price exploded to over 5 USD, then corrected steeply and is now hovering flat at 4, ever since Bitfinex and Binance have ceased to transfer the IOTA currency. The online exchanges have even come up with sudden dubious restrictions out of thin air (like minimum transfer amounts, transfer fees (!) and "transfer suspensions due to network congestion") and trading has completely stalled.
I suggest we are witnessing panic-attack-like market manipulation executed by Bitfinex, Binance and IOTA cooperatively. Bitfinex and Binance are absolutely necessarily directly talking to the IOTA people. Therefor the IOTA foundation is in on every possible scenario. I think it has been decided from the highest level that this sudden outburst of interest in IOTA buying has to be stopped, in order to avoid IOTA reaching a level where it inevitably has to be corrected sharply downwards. One can easily imagine the media morphing such a downward event into a "bubble burst", a very bad outcome for IOTA because the project is so serious, this would be ugly PR in a very early stage of this important project and could be quite harmful. Even more, the whole game of investing and speculating with IOTA on exchanges might have come as a distress to the concept of IOTA’s contemporary public image. I think IOTA tries to avoid crazy volatility shows like the Blockchain sector, and the exchanges have been somehow brought to play along. I think the stalling of IOTA transfers is a "we have to stop this" kind of panic reaction and fully deliberate, making it a manipulation by the powers that be behind the IOTA technology and the exchanges. If it is not, then we are witnessing Mt. Gox 2.0 and Bitfinex is finished, maybe even taking Binance with it. And then IOTA is done. 

I think the IOTA holder community should come together and take action against this by confronting the IOTA foundation, they have to take position towards this.

So please write an e-mail to the IOTA foundation protesting against this IOTA TRADING LOCK to {removed}
You can also call them at {removed}

Here you can use this letter:

IOTA TRADING LOCK
Dear sir or madam,
I hereby want to officially protest against the trading lock that has been put into place at Bitfinex and Binance.
Stop this immediately, it is market manipulation of the worst kind, and it will soon make the papers, then Bitfinex and Binance will be finished which can not be in the interest of IOTA.
Sincerely,
By Brocco87 - 8 Dec 2017

Done the email. Thanks
By Scott J - 8 Dec 2017

@Klausob3r I don't have time to go into your whole argument, but please do not list contact details for IOTA Support and ask people to send in complaints.

IOTA Support is a community run site and has no relation to the foundation - at all!

You are asking people to send in complaints to some guys who try to help people by providing tutorials. 
By esssgeee - 10 Dec 2017

It is now 4 days since I tried to send my IOTA from bitfinex to my lightwallet and still nothing.
I got some popup on bitfinex asking me please not to cancel and resubmit deposits and that deposits would be processed from 24hours on as there is a backlog.During this time my support ticket and my further addendum thereto , has not been responded to.

How is this practice professional and acceptable for an exchange? What is our recourse for this treatment people?
By Klausob3r - 10 Dec 2017

I am still suspicous that the owls are not what they seem in this peculiar case of Mt.-Gox-esque stall in IOTA trading that we have in place right now; Bitfinex and Binance IOTA trading is actually as good as out of order and non-working. But I have read on this forum that there should be a snapshot of the network next week, and then the IOTA network is supposed to return to it's full functionality. IOTA rose from .30 to 4 so there is a huge amount of extra money in the hands of the IOTA makers, and I think every later explanation for not being real fast in firing up a whole array of super-potent full nodes internationally, thus causing this total network congestion, will be quite lame. Still I am looking forward to reading the official reaction to this strange and questionable execution of the IOTA concept.

Or is it a strategy to push people into upgrading to full node?
By esssgeee - 11 Dec 2017

its Day 5 and still waiting for Bitfinex while they are 'processing' my transfer of IOTA from bitfinex to my light wallet.
still no response to support tickets.

poor show bitfinex !! :-(
By Klausob3r - 11 Dec 2017

It took Bitfinex 8 days for my last transfer. The network seems functional, but extremely slow. We are back trading. The most common guess is that the scarce full IOTA nodes out there get congested by the massively increased number of users. People investing are told by other people who manage forums that they should not complain about an experimental beta technology, and set up full nodes instead.

Right now, at IOTA, you can watch an epic fail in communication strategy roll out in real time.

Taking the young age of IOTA as the only excuse for the wrecked behavior of its infrastructure is a downright shame; I have but read no other explanation. What I did see was quite a few forum moderators yell out "come back in a few years if you want save conditions" and that is a disturbing way of reacting to the contemporary mess and the mostly reasonable complaints. Not only does the IOTA network’s capability seem to be inversely proportional to its number of users and transactions. This fact has also not been communicated anywhere in IOTA's public presentation (severe mistake #1) so people invested without knowing. The technology has risen tremendously in value due to its promise, and momentarily shows it can not keep up to its promise (extremely severe mistake #2) but no one seems to take the money and use it to keep IOTAs promise (ultimately severe mistake #3). The IOTA Foundation has so far failed to offer a public statement and a strategy how to deal with the mess (#4).

The IOTA community has a right to know what is going on and the IOTA Foundation must come forward with an explanation. It is way overdue.
By esssgeee - 11 Dec 2017

No doubt Klaus that it has affected the volume and price of IOTA of late. I agree with you , it is worrying that it fell over like this when one of its big pitches was the scalability of tangle as compared to 2nd gen blockchain. I would have thought that the huge volume would have meant transactions would have flown out the door.

Are there IOTA devs visiting this forum , or representatives from Bitfinex or is this purely community plebs .
I might be prepared to run a VPS linux node , I am directed to good setup instructions thereto
By curvian - 11 Dec 2017

Dude, relax. You're spreading unnecessary FUD.

IOTA is early days tech. There will be ups and downs.

Soon there will be a snapshot, a major upgrade and also UCL wallet.

Investing in any new tech is a risky business. Especially crypto. If you do not understand the risk you're in the wrong game.

Here in Austria FUD is used as slang word for female genitalia, but humor aside: All I want to say is that we can all be glad that I am writing about this in some obscure forum, and not the FT, Forbes or Fox News.

PS I do not care about the risk zero. I consider all my crypto investments as money gone.
By esssgeee - 12 Dec 2017

esssgeee - 11 Dec 2017
its Day 5 and still waiting for Bitfinex while they are 'processing' my transfer of IOTA from bitfinex to my light wallet.
still no response to support tickets.

poor show bitfinex !! :-(

Captain log ...
Day 6 - no coins have showed up yet. Over
By Klausob3r - 12 Dec 2017

There are now a few more options for trying to get your IOTA from the online exchange into your wallet. No experience yet but at least Bitfinex and Binance are no longer the only options. Go to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#markets

Klaus ob3r - 12 Dec 2017
There are now a few more options for trying to get your IOTA from the online exchange into your wallet. No experience yet but at least Bitfinex and Binance are no longer the only options. Go to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#markets

Thanks for that ,pity Bittrex is not listed there. I have found them very reliable.  I could cancel the 'still processing' and send to one of those exchanges , but i then its going throught their IOTA wallet then to me , I might make it worse !  Im not sure, maybe ill try a small amount through one of those and report back her
By Klausob3r - 12 Dec 2017

Many exchanges have, like Bittrex, not yet listed the IOTA - it is not on Kraken, Bitpanda, Bitcoin.de etc. 
And yes esssgeee do not cancel the transaction, it will only prolong the waiting and congest the network additionally Smile
By noiota - 12 Dec 2017

Hi all

waiting now for 5 days for my withdrawal to be executed by bitfinex. Still says processing processing processing...
One question: 5 days ago I created an address in my light wallet and attached it to the tangle --> no error etc. But in the history it says "persistence pending" for 5 days. Is this a problem?
I re broadcasted my address at least a hundred times and connected to different backend servers...

Regards
noiota
By curvian - 12 Dec 2017

noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Hi all

waiting now for 5 days for my withdrawal to be executed by bitfinex. Still says processing processing processing...
One question: 5 days ago I created an address in my light wallet and attached it to the tangle --> no error etc. But in the history it says "persistence pending" for 5 days. Is this a problem?
I re broadcasted my address at least a hundred times and connected to different backend servers...

Regards
noiota

It's not a problem. Address attachment does not need to be confirmed.
Bitfinex reattaches txs every hour or so and then gradually slows down.
You could just wait or replay the transactions from your side, every hour or so, until confirmed.
But there sholdn't be anything to worry about. Bitfinex handled previous snapshot pretty good.
New IRI software will be released shortly which should start speeding up things, and some time after that another snapshot will occur.

curvian - 12 Dec 2017
noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Hi all

Regards
noiota

You could just wait or replay the transactions from your side, every hour or so, until confirmed.
But there sholdn't be anything to worry about. Bitfinex handled previous snapshot pretty good.
New IRI software will be released shortly which should start speeding up things, and some time after that another snapshot will occur.

Hi Curvian, how do you know this ?
By curvian - 12 Dec 2017

esssgeee - 12 Dec 2017
curvian - 12 Dec 2017
noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Hi all

Regards
noiota

Hi Curvian, how do you know this ?
Hi, how do I know what?
By noiota - 12 Dec 2017

Thx curvian, I look forward to get my withdrawal then. 
I guess esssgeee meant how do you know that bitfinex reattaches txs every hour and that there will be a new release of the IRI.

Thx!

noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Thx curvian, I look forward to get my withdrawal then. 
I guess esssgeee meant how do you know that bitfinex reattaches txs every hour and that there will be a new release of the IRI.

Thx!

correct Noiota (luv your name)
By esssgeee - 13 Dec 2017

Day 7 . Bitfinex has still not transferred my IOTA.
By Klausob3r - 13 Dec 2017

Well Bitfinex is still behaving less messed-up than Binance. There, you get a red alert warning if you even try to move your IOTA out to somewhere else, like your own light wallet. I slowly get the feeling that IOTA has no intention to address this issue. Speculative buying and investment might not be in their focus. Smile
By noiota - 13 Dec 2017

I'd prefer a red alert warning that would make things clearer. But having a withdrawal processing for 6 days makes me a bit nervous. And no reply to my support tickets makes things even worse. Are they still there? I don't know...
By noiota - 13 Dec 2017

Just watched the video you linked in your first post Klaus. Omg my hope is dwindling... I guess I will never see my Iota's.
By esssgeee - 13 Dec 2017

Hopefully the 8th day brings me luck too . Had i  already got my coins, i would have bought more already . IMHO , I cannot see a better investment than IOTA in the crypto market. I dont know them all but seems to me to be of of the few that have intrinsic value
By esssgeee - 14 Dec 2017

Day 8 - No IOTA
By Klausob3r - 14 Dec 2017

IOTA is deliberately crippled and bottlenecked by its major sellers Bitfinex and Binance who are right now executing their scheme, if not scam, out in broad daylight. In every forum there are complaints and negative posts piling up, but noboday at IOTA foundation or whatnot seems to feel like putting out some information on this epic fail and its background. This is totally playing out in favor of controllers, regulators and fiat crooks. It is a bloody shame and I am more convinced every day that there is foul play involved.

esssgeee I read this somewhere in a Mod post just now, maybe you want to adapt your strategy:
"Reattach and change hosts a few times per day, and the transaction will hopefully get confirmed soon. The network is very slow right now"

Klaus ob3r - 14 Dec 2017
esssgeee I read this somewhere in a Mod post just now, maybe you want to adapt your strategy:
"Reattach and change hosts a few times per day, and the transaction will hopefully get confirmed soon. The network is very slow right now"

to reattach , i would have to cancel the bitfinex withdrawal , and then attach new address from lightwallet and resend to that. Bitfinex put up a notice not to cancell and reprocess so I am not sure about the above as i may be starting from day one again.
I am rebroadcasting the history from lightwallet (although purposeless considering the transaction doesnt seem to have left bitfinex server)

or did you mean something else

No esssgeee you are actually right I think. Better not cancel - it might kick you to the end of the line again.

Klaus ob3r - 14 Dec 2017
No esssgeee you are actually right I think. Better not cancel - it might kick you to the end of the line again.

Good news Gents ,
I just received my first IOTA bitfinex withdrawal. 
Although i had previously open support tickets , I opened again last night   a SPECIFIC ticket one to 1 of the 2 withdrawals that were still processing . And even though this one was a day later it still arrived before the older one. I dont know if that had any impact or if this info will help someone.

but I am very glad its arrived.

VIVA IOTA VIVA !!!

(But also shame on you exchange guys)

By noiota - 14 Dec 2017

Wow, same here. The withdrawal has been confirmed today on Bitfinex.... Will check my wallet this evening. Hopefully it worked...

So it is 8 days for esssgeee? and how many days for noiota?
By Freely - 14 Dec 2017

I'm waiting since 6 days now and there's still nothing in my wallet and Bitfinex still displays "processing". But it is good to read that for some people something is happening.
By noiota - 14 Dec 2017

You have to be patient. My withdrawal was processing for 6 days...

Freely - 14 Dec 2017
I'm waiting since 6 days now and there's still nothing in my wallet and Bitfinex still displays "processing". But it is good to read that for some people something is happening.

Ja , i think it safe to say that this was just backlog as they said  and you can rest assured now that your IOTA will come.

I guess thats what happens when they get $10b in 2 days unexpectedly

Heres are some pics , of the process.

and finally in my wallet
By Freely - 16 Dec 2017

Yay, my IOTA finally arrived in my wallet!!!
By Klausob3r - 16 Dec 2017

I would love you guys to write down the number of days you waited for Bitfinex to let your IOTA arrive in your wallet. Going for stats. Thank you!
By Freely - 16 Dec 2017

Sorry, I think these were 8 days in my case. Maybe 7 since I didn't find the time to check yesterday because the Android IOTA wallet currently doesn't work properly because the node is not fully synced and I didn't find the time to check the balance on a computer.
By IclyMan - 18 Dec 2017

Can someone send me invitation key for Bitfinex registration. NOT REFERAL!
By Winston - 19 Dec 2017

IclyMan - 18 Dec 2017

@IclyMan 

https://www.bitfinex.com
By IclyMan - 19 Dec 2017

Winston - 19 Dec 2017
IclyMan - 18 Dec 2017

@IclyMan 

https://www.bitfinex.com
i still have space to enter invitation key, and i can't ask support because i don't have account. -.-
???
?
By Freely - 19 Dec 2017

Seems like Bitfinex currently cannot cope with the amount of new users. Registered users are not able to generate invitation codes at the moment. Either you have to wait or you have to use other trading platforms. Sorry.
By Klausob3r - 19 Dec 2017

Bitfinex and Binance are drowning in a reversed denial of service attack: masses want service, but they can only deny it.
Isn’t it funny how slow the Exchanges take note of this and how they leave all the business to Bitfinex and Binance?
Coinmarketcap lists 6 exchanges that offer IOTA for about a week now. Bitfinex has 49,49% of the volume, with Binance at 26% and Korean Coinone at now stunning 22%. Bitfinex is still charging 0.5 IOTA for every transfer, and has a minimum amount for transfers (I think I read 67.5 IOTA). At least transfers seem to work normally again, less than 15 minutes brought my last transfer into my Light wallet.

Bitfinex and Binance not accepting new clients is a good thing. It makes the IOTA more valuable, as it becomes harder  to get.
By IclyMan - 19 Dec 2017

Thank you all for reply, i tried yesterday to make registration on Bitfinex and i got notification that they don't accept new registration because they have DDoS attack, and after that i see this that it's needed Invitation Key. So can someone contact support and ask about this situation and ask for that Invitation key. I want to make reg. on Bitfinex because they accept $, i don't have other crypto currency.