Call to action: let's catch the thief

Author
G
Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi @Winston

this is the address where they were sent

CSHUMLCQNE9NKIPPARZZHWRVEHLTXGEJKTAECECHMVTAGSRYSRSZPRWTVHYFRADTQIVRPDDA9SBXCDUKW

Hash: QXS9WRDKVFXAFMDGNHFGHEMXLOTVGSGSUCOTBETQQUNBJDLCROLZJVJBTMUNZSYGBWZEMIGFXABNZ9999

https://thetangle.org/address/CSHUMLCQNE9NKIPPARZZHWRVEHLTXGEJKTAECECHMVTAGSRYSRSZPRWTVHYFRADTQIVRPDDA9SBXCDUKW

my addres are:

EVCJBWKMGKDDPEKOTDOGTNKGSHKNAACZKUCRYIHCPKKDHCMFOFC9KULHAKQDZQMDAHRMXDVBWL9YRIOIDXRRKRGMHY                 -95.4 IOTAS
SDBTVKANGNSJTDUAMLLWJMGLYDBTYBRPSQEULQTKNQHQXEFY9VHDOKBQLBWY9JHLOXCDWZEGNRTFEEN9WHCYCGJNSW                  -740.2 IOTAS

In total 835.6 IOTAS

As mentioned above, I will not generate my seed online, my computer has antivirus and I do not have spyware, I check it periodically, I have IOTA light wallet 2.5.7, the seed I do not keep in my computer, I feel very sad because despite having taken all these stockings even though I was robbed. If you have any ideas please let me know, they are my savings with a lot of effort. This happened on 08/02 the IOTAS went to an address that has a large number of them, perhaps of people who have also been stolen. Thanks for your cooperation. I have a seed of 81 characters that I myself chose randomly, I had not made any kind of transaction except the send from binance to my wallet

Excuse my English, it's not my mother tongue, I use google translate. I do not know what to do, they say it was my fault, but take all the security measures, if you can help me I would be very grateful.

Gerson
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Gerson - 22 Feb 2018
Hi @Winston

CSHUMLCQNE9NKIPPARZZHWRVEHLTXGEJKTAECECHMVTAGSRYSRSZPRWTVHYFRADTQIVRPDDA9SBXCDUKW

Hash: QXS9WRDKVFXAFMDGNHFGHEMXLOTVGSGSUCOTBETQQUNBJDLCROLZJVJBTMUNZSYGBWZEMIGFXABNZ9999

https://thetangle.org/address/CSHUMLCQNE9NKIPPARZZHWRVEHLTXGEJKTAECECHMVTAGSRYSRSZPRWTVHYFRADTQIVRPDDA9SBXCDUKW

my addres are:

EVCJBWKMGKDDPEKOTDOGTNKGSHKNAACZKUCRYIHCPKKDHCMFOFC9KULHAKQDZQMDAHRMXDVBWL9YRIOIDXRRKRGMHY                 -95.4 IOTAS
SDBTVKANGNSJTDUAMLLWJMGLYDBTYBRPSQEULQTKNQHQXEFY9VHDOKBQLBWY9JHLOXCDWZEGNRTFEEN9WHCYCGJNSW                  -740.2 IOTAS

In total 835.6 IOTAS

As mentioned above, I will not generate my seed online, my computer has antivirus and I do not have spyware, I check it periodically, I have IOTA light wallet 2.5.7, the seed I do not keep in my computer, I feel very sad because despite having taken all these stockings even though I was robbed. If you have any ideas please let me know, they are my savings with a lot of effort. This happened on 08/02 the IOTAS went to an address that has a large number of them, perhaps of people who have also been stolen. Thanks for your cooperation. I have a seed of 81 characters that I myself chose randomly, I had not made any kind of transaction except the send from binance to my wallet

Excuse my English, it's not my mother tongue, I use google translate. I do not know what to do, they say it was my fault, but take all the security measures, if you can help me I would be very grateful.

Gerson

@Gerson 
I'm not sure then. Could be a bunch of different things. Did you use windows powershell to make the seed?

Edited 2 Years Ago by Winston
Peedro
P
Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)
The investigations on account of my complaint were stopped by the German public prosecutor's office Stralsund, since the thief could not be determined ... ;-)

Who has still filed a complaint? Please provide file number and location so that we can collect the ads, and bundle with them ...
534 UJs 1722/18 prosecutor Stralsund
herbi2142
h
Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)
It can't be that norbert has the same site online again with another name. When you do a whois-lookup you see that he runs the site now as "Raphael Iotas". What the actual fuck.
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (10K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Peedro - 23 Feb 2018
The investigations on account of my complaint were stopped by the German public prosecutor's office Stralsund, since the thief could not be determined ... ;-)

Who has still filed a complaint? Please provide file number and location so that we can collect the ads, and bundle with them ...
534 UJs 1722/18 prosecutor Stralsund

Hi @Peedro,

this is a really good idea. I've set up this thread for that purpose:
https://forum.helloiota.com/11980/Catch-the-thief-Police-and-Law-Enforcement-coordination

If you could post your info there too that would be great!

Thanks a lot!
Alexa

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Vogelpet
V
Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)
Hello everyone,

My iota's were ??also stolen and send to this adress on the 27th off january 15:11:48.

??Address
RJIZYTZQDSXKVHFWFBYTHKFYHJCQCRLNGYTOTEJLUNUKFKCCLEQMGFJESKUIIEMCZLLUY9LEH9INGNID9JJUEBOZEC

?-119.74 Mi
Hope they catch the basterd!

Best regards,
Peter??????
??

tintin07
t
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)

@tintin07 
I haven't seen any public announcements lately, but I'll be sure to update the OP of this thread with anything as soon as it's published. Please be sure to post any updates from your end as well.

Thanks for checking in.

lambtho
lambtho
Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)
Martini0 - 21 Feb 2018
lambtho - 19 Feb 2018
Martini0 - 19 Feb 2018
lambtho - 19 Feb 2018
tudor - 16 Feb 2018
I will say this over and over how the F..k before i was not able to transfer my coins from my light wallet a lot of times i was not able to login for days and the thief do it just like that and transfer my coins.....and now after they stolen my coins my wallet it workes in econds verry fast how is that possibile,here you see they do all this peopel from iota fondation  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are not stupid

The hacker perpetrated a DDoS attack on the public full nodes in the same time as he was emptying wallets. On his side he had probably set up a few full nodes to run his transactions. That's why his were validated while you could not even log to the public nodes. (https://medium.com/iota-demystified/what-happened-last-night-on-iota-b6157ade1e03)

Stop saying it was an inside job, that's nonsense. Why would the devs (who are already successful business man) risk ruining the reputation of their product and purposely damage their image and the user experience ?
The wallet does not send the seed on the network is keeps it in your device. By generating the seed on a phishing website you basically handed a copy of it directly to the thief.

Why can the NEM developers help with freezing adressess, and IOTA cannot do anything

Because NEM could easily verify the theft as it is only one address. And I am not aware of the details, but if they did it on their own, I would be extremely worried about such level of centralisation.

In addittion, could you enrich me why you are so active ONLY in this thread? You didn't lost any IOTA, however, you responded over 15 times in this thread alone (being negative). And later you deleted some off your posts.

Also, you live in Belgium, where, a name like NorbertvdBerg is also known.

1. I am active here to help people finding if they were stolen or simply snapshot or something if needed. I am only negative to stubborn people that refuse to acknoledge it was their only responsibility and no one is to blame apart from the scammer. I do not think I deleted any post, I may be wrong, but I really not see why I would have done that (except maybe to reformulate). I am also very active on the discord and on various facebook groups. I even wrote a guide based on Winston's one in november to explain the good practices to the french people (the guide is in french). I am way more active in this community than you know.

2. I really do not see the point of your last remark. First, beacause as long as there is no jugement, this guy is no presumed innocent. Second, just because he has a flemish-sounding name, and I happen to be belgian, you imply some completely bullshit connection ? I do not defend that guy, and I am really pissed such scammer made IOTA look bad to the whole cryptosphere. But I am also mad at people like you, that were careless and refuse to deal with it. So yes, few people are willing to lose time to explain to you why you made stupid mistakes and why wanting people to fix it for you is stupid. It happens that I have plenty of time to loose, and deep down I hope you will finally acknowledge you are the one to blame for not securing your seed and as a user of decentralised system, you accept the risks it involves.

lambtho
lambtho
Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)Attached to Tangle (320 reputation)
Gerson - 22 Feb 2018
Hi @Winston

my addres are:

In total 835.6 IOTAS

Gerson

How did you generate the seed ?

It was discovered lately that matlab or other softwares like that have a poor pseudo-random number generators. It means that if you generated it with matlab, there is a high probability that an other person find the exact same seed by generating it with matlab too. I suspect other softwares have similar problems (maybe excel, mathematica,...)

Martini0
M
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
lambtho - 2 Mar 2018
Martini0 - 21 Feb 2018
lambtho - 19 Feb 2018
Martini0 - 19 Feb 2018
lambtho - 19 Feb 2018
tudor - 16 Feb 2018
I will say this over and over how the F..k before i was not able to transfer my coins from my light wallet a lot of times i was not able to login for days and the thief do it just like that and transfer my coins.....and now after they stolen my coins my wallet it workes in econds verry fast how is that possibile,here you see they do all this peopel from iota fondation  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are not stupid

The hacker perpetrated a DDoS attack on the public full nodes in the same time as he was emptying wallets. On his side he had probably set up a few full nodes to run his transactions. That's why his were validated while you could not even log to the public nodes. (https://medium.com/iota-demystified/what-happened-last-night-on-iota-b6157ade1e03)

Stop saying it was an inside job, that's nonsense. Why would the devs (who are already successful business man) risk ruining the reputation of their product and purposely damage their image and the user experience ?
The wallet does not send the seed on the network is keeps it in your device. By generating the seed on a phishing website you basically handed a copy of it directly to the thief.

Why can the NEM developers help with freezing adressess, and IOTA cannot do anything

Because NEM could easily verify the theft as it is only one address. And I am not aware of the details, but if they did it on their own, I would be extremely worried about such level of centralisation.

In addittion, could you enrich me why you are so active ONLY in this thread? You didn't lost any IOTA, however, you responded over 15 times in this thread alone (being negative). And later you deleted some off your posts.

1. I am active here to help people finding if they were stolen or simply snapshot or something if needed. I am only negative to stubborn people that refuse to acknoledge it was their only responsibility and no one is to blame apart from the scammer. I do not think I deleted any post, I may be wrong, but I really not see why I would have done that (except maybe to reformulate). I am also very active on the discord and on various facebook groups. I even wrote a guide based on Winston's one in november to explain the good practices to the french people (the guide is in french). I am way more active in this community than you know.

2. I really do not see the point of your last remark. First, beacause as long as there is no jugement, this guy is no presumed innocent. Second, just because he has a flemish-sounding name, and I happen to be belgian, you imply some completely bullshit connection ? I do not defend that guy, and I am really pissed such scammer made IOTA look bad to the whole cryptosphere. But I am also mad at people like you, that were careless and refuse to deal with it. So yes, few people are willing to lose time to explain to you why you made stupid mistakes and why wanting people to fix it for you is stupid. It happens that I have plenty of time to loose, and deep down I hope you will finally acknowledge you are the one to blame for not securing your seed and as a user of decentralised system, you accept the risks it involves.

Bitch and wind what you want, but if you post your address I will pay you a visit
lambtho
lambtho
Martini0 - 2 Mar 2018
lambtho - 2 Mar 2018
Martini0 - 21 Feb 2018
lambtho - 19 Feb 2018
Martini0 - 19 Feb 2018
lambtho - 19 Feb 2018
tudor - 16 Feb 2018

Bitch and wind what you want, but if you post your address I will pay you a visit

Lol, why ? I did not steal anything from you, or from anybody else for that matter. That's exactly the kind of puerile behavior I was talking about. You just made my point.

Atoiman
A
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Hello, I  submitted my claim at https://iotawalletloss.claims around 16 February and sent this info
also to admin of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IOpYdi8x9R0ivpC2Fl75N9iVDXo82py0yybC9nsxV-I/edit#gid=0
but no respond from you side and I don't see my claim in "Iota Wallet loss "google docs .

IOTA wallet loss table was up-dated 1 month ago ! What is going on ???
Are you in contact with iota.org ?
Have you already sent them address of stollen seeds?
Is there any success ?

Winston
Winston
Atoiman - 12 Mar 2018
Hello, I  submitted my claim at https://iotawalletloss.claims around 16 February and sent this info
also to admin of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IOpYdi8x9R0ivpC2Fl75N9iVDXo82py0yybC9nsxV-I/edit#gid=0
but no respond from you side and I don't see my claim in "Iota Wallet loss "google docs .

Is there any success ?

@Atoiman 
This forum is simply a community run platform. All parties involved (IOTA Foundation, the forum, and iotawalletloss) seem to understand the situation, but I'm not personally sure of who is doing what. You'd have to speak with individuals who are actively involved in that process to get any further details.

Atoiman
A
Winston - 12 Mar 2018
Atoiman - 12 Mar 2018

Is there any success ?

@Atoiman 
This forum is simply a community run platform. All parties involved (IOTA Foundation, the forum, and iotawalletloss) seem to understand the situation, but I'm not personally sure of who is doing what. You'd have to speak with individuals who are actively involved in that process to get any further details.

Dear Winston,
but on this site https://iotawalletloss.claims it is written you are responsible person for this:
" Why is this site here? The IOTA investors, developers, and HODLers asked for help from IOTA Foundation and were told the best response is to gather a list of losses @winston."

so now I am totally lost, who is responsible for this mess ???
if this project of gathering our wallet iota loss colapsed, please just say!

lambtho
lambtho
Atoiman - 12 Mar 2018
Winston - 12 Mar 2018
Atoiman - 12 Mar 2018

Is there any success ?

@Atoiman 

Dear Winston,
but on this site https://iotawalletloss.claims it is written you are responsible person for this:
" Why is this site here? The IOTA investors, developers, and HODLers asked for help from IOTA Foundation and were told the best response is to gather a list of losses @winston."

No one is responsible of anything. IOTA Foundation collaborates as much as possible with the police forces that ask for any help. The phishing is not in their responsibility. There is plenty of stuff to work on, so they need to focus on that and not on user errors IMO.
In the meantime, some community members (like winston) created this thread and some other guy created the iotawalletloss website (can't remember who did it, but it's somewhere in this thread). There is no formal stuff being made, only community efforts. If you want to continue the work and take a bit of your time to process the data, you can do it, I am sure people will gladly accept any help regarding that matter.

Martini0
M
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
lambtho - 13 Mar 2018
Atoiman - 12 Mar 2018
Winston - 12 Mar 2018
Atoiman - 12 Mar 2018

Is there any success ?

@Atoiman 

Dear Winston,

No one is responsible of anything. IOTA Foundation collaborates as much as possible with the police forces that ask for any help. The phishing is not in their responsibility. There is plenty of stuff to work on, so they need to focus on that and not on user errors IMO.
In the meantime, some community members (like winston) created this thread and some other guy created the iotawalletloss website (can't remember who did it, but it's somewhere in this thread). There is no formal stuff being made, only community efforts. If you want to continue the work and take a bit of your time to process the data, you can do it, I am sure people will gladly accept any help regarding that matter.

This guy. STFU. You f*cking negative piece of sh*t. You still didnt post your adress. I am waiting
ckabadjeu
c
Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)
Hello,

I have just noticed my IOTA (18G IOTA) have also been stolen! The last time I checked my light wallet was in January before the hack happened and before the IOTA snapshot update:
My IOTA was stolen on the 19th January from the address:
FCTXQRRIKWTKWCXE9KNOJGT9GYUANUW9JSKZHGGVFZ9CGO9MFZCU9YJCSRMKNWQHIIOJ9E9WALCLGRB9DQZKZUPZDX

The receiving address was:
QSYCRFFWMSQOIOBZCNOWXMGKOZILITDAKIFKXNASQZTWNRIRDRNPDEEZ9DJZQXVBABXYWRDGGVFCZ9999

Transaction: https://thetangle.org/address/FCTXQRRIKWTKWCXE9KNOJGT9GYUANUW9JSKZHGGVFZ9CGO9MFZCU9YJCSRMKNWQHIIOJ9E9WALCLGRB9D

I am so lost now as IOTA was my biggest investment ! It feels so disturbing to have suddenly lost everything!
Winston
Winston
ckabadjeu - 20 Mar 2018
Hello,

I have just noticed my IOTA (18G IOTA) have also been stolen! The last time I checked my light wallet was in January before the hack happened and before the IOTA snapshot update:
My IOTA was stolen on the 19th January from the address:
FCTXQRRIKWTKWCXE9KNOJGT9GYUANUW9JSKZHGGVFZ9CGO9MFZCU9YJCSRMKNWQHIIOJ9E9WALCLGRB9DQZKZUPZDX

The receiving address was:
QSYCRFFWMSQOIOBZCNOWXMGKOZILITDAKIFKXNASQZTWNRIRDRNPDEEZ9DJZQXVBABXYWRDGGVFCZ9999

Transaction: https://thetangle.org/address/FCTXQRRIKWTKWCXE9KNOJGT9GYUANUW9JSKZHGGVFZ9CGO9MFZCU9YJCSRMKNWQHIIOJ9E9WALCLGRB9D

I am so lost now as IOTA was my biggest investment ! It feels so disturbing to have suddenly lost everything!

@ckabadjeu 
Very sorry to see this.
ckabadjeu
c
Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)
@Winston

Thank Winston!
I still love IOTA!
It's for me the best crypto project out there!
I would have sold all my tokens but not my IOTAs!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search