To everyone posting with stolen balances:

Author
d
Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Now it looks like 560.490242 Mi are coming back and it's pending. I completely Don't understand it. 793.418145 are still not there. Could you please explain of what is happening it looks very weird. That all my iota disappear and now some of it is coming back?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
damian19 - 21 Jan 2018
Hi,
Now it looks like 560.490242 Mi are coming back and it's pending. I completely Don't understand it. 793.418145 are still not there. Could you please explain of what is happening it looks very weird. That all my iota disappear and now some of it is coming back?

@damian19
It looks like the stolen outgoing transaction has confirmed already, unfortunately.

Taking a look at the inputs to the stolen bundle, your two addresses were:
https://thetangle.org/address/UCOVDRYTVJL9KTZISXGKDKBXHKA99ONUWYLVUAUTTEF9JTHIVDETKQKPXHHRPBKHFGVNVFHSOEYTHPXRY
https://thetangle.org/address/KLZGZYVURXMMIZKNAPEXKFWKVSMMKEWRYPIRZQKXQV9COWELLWZQVZTPHZELTIIEVCCVHGJURKPCTGGOW

I don't see any incoming transactions on either of these addresses. (and I don't think the thief will be sending your funds back unless compelled by litigation
Kaiblade
K
Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)
I also lost all my IOTA, though compared to some users that lost theirs, mine is not that much, just 111 Miotas. Still, losing that amount makes me quite sad, as I bought them when the price was below $1 and I was willing to hold the coins for a long time because I believed in the project.

Well, it was partly my fault due to using a website  to generate my seed, the website (i.e. https://iotaseed.io/) used was posted on the IOTA's official forum, so I thought since it was posted there, it should be legit. Seems I was wrong.

I blame IOTA foundation partly for not making the desktop wallet as user-friendly as possible and not policing their forums properly. Aside from IOTA, I'm holding other coins as well in desktop wallets, I don't have this security issue with their wallets and I'm holding a lot of other coins.

It's so unfortunate, I actually believed in the project as I saw how practical it was in solving everyday problems. I saw it as a coin that has a very high chance of being adopted by the masses. Well, I would not be buying and holding more IOTAs, I'm starting to lose faith in the project.
Edited Last Year by Kaiblade
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Kaiblade - 21 Jan 2018
I also lost all my IOTA, though compared to some users that lost theirs, mine is not that much, just 111 Miotas. Still, losing that amount makes me quite sad, as I bought them when the price was still below $1 and I was willing to hold the coins for a long time because I believed in the project.

Well, it was partly my fault due to using a website  to generate my seed, the website (i.e. https://iotaseed.io/) used was posted on the IOTA's official forum, so I thought since it was posted there, it should be legit. Seems I was wrong.

I blame IOTA foundation partly for not making the desktop wallet as user-friendly as possible and not policing their forums properly. Aside from IOTA, I'm holding other coins as well in desktop wallets, I don't have this security issue with their wallets and I'm holding a lot of coins.

It's so unfortunate, I actually believed in the project as I saw how practical it's in solving everyday problems, I saw it as a coin that has a very high chance of being adopted by the masses. Well, I would not be buying and holding more IOTAs, I'm starting to lose faith in the project.

@Kaiblade
Thanks for stopping by to post your story. I'm really sorry to see this happen, and I understand your sadness and frustration right now.
Rezz 415
R
Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)
So there is absolutely nothing that can be done?
Surely there is some kinda of thought given or fraud to theft by those conducting themselves in the tangle?
A mass of users was just robbed (including myself) .. someone must have thought of a plan of action in that case to support in getting things back.
No?

Edited Last Year by Rezz415
fvantom
f
Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)
The whole point of a decentralised system is to remove central control by a single entity.

It would surprise me very much if someone was able to do something.

Maybe a class action and an investigation via some sort of Interpol group. But you’ll have to check with a lawyer about that stuff. I know nothing about it.

I do wish something could be done. On a human level I really feel for everyone who got scammed.

On I final note I want to stress that it’s not the technology that is flawed. It’s not user friendly which gives an unfair advantage to more technical people. Allowing scammers and thief’s many ways to work with.

Those need and will most likely be plugged in the future.

I know... doesn’t help the guys who got ripped off today...
FrankB
F
Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (153 reputation)
iq34acal
i
Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)
@fvantom: I totally agree with you, but also in a decentralized system there should be a mechanism to avoid or undo situations like this. Several (I don't know hundreds, thousands, ten thousands ...) accounts were hacked and it's public where the money went to..all adresses with our money are public. Isn't there still an inner circle/ round table or whatever of the founders of IOTA, the full nodes and so on who can take decisions? Based on my limited knowledge the decentralized system should be able to take the decision that this is robbery and undo the transactions before the thieves change the IOTAs for fiat currencies. Change the snapshot...founders also have some responsibility.

Kaiblade
K
Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (11 reputation)
@iq34acal, I doubt that will be happening. I will be pleasantly surprised if it does, though.
Edited Last Year by Kaiblade
iq34acal
i
Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (146 reputation)
That's not gonna happen Sad But at least a little dreaming Smile

gkool
g
Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)
Hi IOTA fans,
Being a big supporter of the Tangle, I invested in IOTA too. No need to repeat all the posts above... My IOTA's got stolen too. Someone is clearly getting rich over our backs. Modern day theft!! At the time I was a novice in crypto currency and used the seed generator that was, at that time recommended by IOTA itself. Nevertheless, I can only blame myself for using the iotaseed seed generator without questions (or adaptations to the seed).
?However, I do agree with all comments about the quality of the wallet. So IOTA foundation: get your act together and professionalize the wallet. It shouldn't be so hard to make IOTA compatible with off-line wallets like the Ledger Nano S. This works great for a lot of crypto currencies. Alternatively allow for 2 step verification of some sort, like other crypto's and various exchanges got down pretty solidly!

In the meantime, I keep the faith in the Tangle. It would be great to see the foundation actually using it's intellectual head-start instead of getting into all sorts of vague projects with big corporations. Make sure you've got a reliable spaceship before you fly to the moon...??

???

paulpoison
p
Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)
Winston - 20 Jan 2018
paulpoison - 20 Jan 2018
VNSFPJAHYZONYUKZUXMHLHMKRJEV9BSWZGCBDNJIXPBHPAXFAZIJCGVQUG9KE9XXCMLSXALDK9GESQFRXIPEMCBBJY

Thats another adress that my 509 Iotas was send.This time it is confirmed.Have i lost my Iotas?

@paulpoison
Unfortunately if the transaction is confirmed, and your seed doesn't generate the address that now holds your balance, then yes those IOTA have been stolen. Really sorry to see this.

paulpoison
p
Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)
Ok my fault.But how is it possible that i have sended 200 iotas to my binance account 2 days before i was roobbed and the transaction is still pending,and yet they managed to take 100% of my iotas includong that 200?
Ralf
Ralf
Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)
Hi Everyone,
While we are all in this together, I highly recommend to not accept help via direct or private messages. We've seen scammers join our community, offer help, just to then send the pending transactions to their own addresses, instead of rescuing them.

In a decentralized world, trust is difficult. There is no central authority which vests users. So even those, offering help, could have bad intentions.

My advice: Join the #help channel over at Discord and make sure, help is provided within the boundaries of that channel. This at least increases the chance, that honest eyes are going to recognise should anything shady happen. No guarantees but increased chances.

Hope we get through this soon.
fvantom
f
Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)
True. Although quite a lot of people can vouche for me being trustworthy. And did via my post for the seed recovery tool.
Batis
B
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
All my money about 290 Mi IOTA has been stolen too !!
SadSad
Edited Last Year by Batis
EwingJR5
E
Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)
Hi Everyone,

I lost 1.9 GI to this address: YXRCTAVQTU9OSQBI9NYARSLBMATKROHJHCRX9IIPTMXXGFLDCOR9PIWDPCGTAGXZBYUPXUXRWZIK9GEBWIUHATXWMZ
The hash is: IPFY9EQJXQTBSAQEQVOOARKZPLQGXTRHOHWXUCPLAQWZMPSDQGKJJBUVBRKALUVCRRJJ9T9BAGLZA9999

The transfer is confirmed.

Is there anything one can do about?
Winston
Winston
EwingJR5 - 21 Jan 2018
Hi Everyone,

I lost 1.9 GI to this address: YXRCTAVQTU9OSQBI9NYARSLBMATKROHJHCRX9IIPTMXXGFLDCOR9PIWDPCGTAGXZBYUPXUXRWZIK9GEBWIUHATXWMZ
The hash is: IPFY9EQJXQTBSAQEQVOOARKZPLQGXTRHOHWXUCPLAQWZMPSDQGKJJBUVBRKALUVCRRJJ9T9BAGLZA9999

The transfer is confirmed.

Is there anything one can do about?

@EwingJR5
Thanks for posting, and I'm sorry to see this. Please consider checking out the "Call to action" thread that's pinned right below this thread
faeze
f
Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)
Hi,
My 140 IOTA is stolen.
I really need help.
You should support us ...
Edited Last Year by faeze
Tim99
T
Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)Attached to Tangle (212 reputation)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search