HELP my IOTA is just about being stolen

Author
A
Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All
In November I bought 865mi  IOTA and used the shitty seed generator on iotaseed.io. Since a couple of days i tried to get my balance back. it always showed zero. In the tangle it showed that i still have them. This morning i tried more solutions. And then i saw on tangle that they have just been STOLEN and the transfer is pending. Is there anything i can still do at this moment? Thank you for your help.

oreana
o
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
I turned on my wallet today and found that my coins are still there, but are in the sending status, but i did not send. What can I do?  Please help me.

The address where my coins are sent is the following: ZPXFSDGOOWBWCNKAONOUZEEEZFPKCPMZZOZWWJLPHQKGRLBOAG9KMJLKXILSGTWZ9CNPMGWHTIDTFYQXYXOOVQFSOA
mrM
m
Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)Attached to Tangle (625 reputation)
If the iotas have been send already, there is nothing you can do, just generate your next seed the proper way

fvantom
f
Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)
Aleahluv - 19 Jan 2018
Hi All
In November I bought 865mi  IOTA and used the shitty seed generator on iotaseed.io. Since a couple of days i tried to get my balance back. it always showed zero. In the tangle it showed that i still have them. This morning i tried more solutions. And then i saw on tangle that they have just been STOLEN and the transfer is pending. Is there anything i can still do at this moment? Thank you for your help.

You can try to doublespend to an address of your own via the CLI wallet (command line)
I've never done it myself though.
fvantom
f
Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)
@Aleahluv @oreana I've send you a private message. If the transaction is still pending I can try to help.
Kevinba
K
Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (24 reputation)
Hi fvantom I need your help too for the same problem. I wrote you a privite message. 
Bear_OO_
B
Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)
Same problem......IOTAs where transfered and the transfer is confirmed. Everything is lost now
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@Aleahluv    @oreana     @Kevinba     @Bear_OO_
Thanks for the posts, everyone.

-If you have a pending outgoing transaction in your wallet that you didn't send, then you should urgently double spend your balance into an address that you control by using the CLI wallet (instructions on the 3rd link):
CLI Wallet
https://github.com/MichaelSchwab/iota-commandline-wallet
https://github.com/TimSamshuijzen/iotaproxy
CLI Wallet Instructions: https://forum.helloiota.com/post/8584
You'll need to send a new transaction and get that new transaction to confirm before the thief's stolen transaction confirms.

-If you have a confirmed outgoing transaction in your wallet that you didn't send, then unfortunately those funds are gone.
philhelm
p
Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)
guys i have the same problem.
my Miotas are stolen
HTTPS://IOTASEAR.CH/TRANSACTION/OZOJZGRVPYCKRECCZ9BKCBCBBVADZWVKARURGTBCRDURRKBRAUZOX9TKYRS9ZIFW9LNPCDIHWZJJ99999

TRANSACTION HASH
OZOJZGRVPYCKRECCZ9BKCBCBBVADZWVKARURGTBCRDURRKBRAUZOX9TKYRS9ZIFW9LNPCDIHWZJJ99999

can some one help?

Thanks in advanc
philhelm
p
Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)
transaction is still pending
can someone help?

fvantom
f
philhelm - 19 Jan 2018
transaction is still pending
can someone help?

Hi philhelm. I'm sorry I was offline. Your transaction seems to be confirmed. I'm afraid there isn't much we can do now.
Cerebrum
C
Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)
I noticed a transfer try this morning. It was still unconfirmed. Later it was gone. Perhaps the support has canceled it. Puhhh! BUT:
How can I now change my Seed? I tried it via "Reclaim tool" but only errors occured. Also I cannot send any amout of coins to another wallet. 
Is the account locked? I dont feel good to know, that someone has my Seed and could try again to get the coins. Everything I do produces an error like "invalid response"
Help please!
Edited 3 Years Ago by Cerebrum
TigerDKO
T
Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)
Hello everybody, I've been robbed too.

Can I do anything else or are my Iotas gone?

GMRJ9OVVWOWCWFDVXHXPHQGKVQFGNDSBFIT9MBQAQLSFXCMOWRMFUSAIUD9OMKFCRYRGFPTBGXVAA9999

Thx for help
Cerebrum
C
Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)
Here is the adress to the lost coins: UBLQW9YPXHZ9ZOURWYWKSYFQEWFRYFIBJYXQQAYHOSQYGSLLRUNPNPPKIIAEET9WKF9RNTUIUFJVVV9YDLHKIRICLZ
Can anyone help? LOST?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
To everyone posting with stolen balances:

You have all likely used malicious online seed generators when generating your seed. It looks like the owner of that website(s) decided to steal all of the victims' funds today, so we're seeing a bunch of panicked posts about stolen funds. Instructions:

1. If the stolen transaction is still pending (it'll say "Pending" underneath the transaction in your wallet history), URGENTLY send your entire balance to an address in a different seed. You might need to use the CLI wallet in order to make this new transaction so that you can bypass the double spending prevention mechanism that's built into the GUI wallet. You need to get your new transaction confirmed before the stolen transaction is confirmed.
CLI Wallet -

2. If the stolen transaction is confirmed (it'll say "Confirmed" underneath the transaction in your wallet history), unfortunately that IOTA is now gone forever. This is a terrible situation, but hopefully we can use this experience to inculcate safe seed generation practices.

The golden rule is to change 10 characters from whatever string of characters the seed generator gives you. Preferably, avoid online seed generators altogether. Here are the currently recognized best practices of seed generation by the IOTA community: 
https://helloiota.com/generate-seed.html
philhelm
p
guys thanks for help. was to late.

f*ck
fvantom
f
@TigerDKO @Cerebrum I have helped 3 people recover their stolen (pending) funds. If the outgoing transaction from your wallet is still pending, contact me as soon as possible.
TigerDKO
T
Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)
fvantom - 20 Jan 2018
@TigerDKO @Cerebrum I have helped 3 people recover their stolen (pending) funds. If the outgoing transaction from your wallet is still pending, contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you, but the transaction is already confirmed.
Aleahluv
A
Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)
Winston - 19 Jan 2018
@Aleahluv    @oreana     @Kevinba     @Bear_OO_
Thanks for the posts, everyone.

-If you have a pending outgoing transaction in your wallet that you didn't send, then you should urgently double spend your balance into an address that you control by using the CLI wallet (instructions on the 3rd link):
CLI Wallet
You'll need to send a new transaction and get that new transaction to confirm before the thief's stolen transaction confirms.

-If you have a confirmed outgoing transaction in your wallet that you didn't send, then unfortunately those funds are gone.

t4ndu
t
Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)Attached to Tangle (309 reputation)
Why the IOTA Team doesnt make it Public?  they know it over 2 Weeks! my amount was stolen since 3 day. .. when they make it public i had a chance to cover it! but IOTA Team doenst say anything. this is what make me angry! This Fail is not only the User Fail - its is a big Fail from IOTA Team and developement. All other Wallets generate a Key at first Login. I can not understand it. why they dont stopt the tangel.. and they can do it. like the others.. it is centralized.. at the moment. they can do all. ...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search