Transaction pending for 5 days

Author
g
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I created 2 wallets A and B with the light node 2.5.6. I transferred 9.5MI from binance to A which worked fine. Then I tried sending 2Mi from A to B and the transaction has been pending for more than 6 days: 
APWALIMS9BUTADNGELBKNFHUDTCWEGPVFEBHF99BMCMVZCYXLHMFAILLAPBNXPVGSIZRNCNGLRSQZRTCBPNVKTJVWY

So I reattached and rebroadcasted even if I'm not 100% sure what that exactly means and it created a second line in my wallet : https://ibb.co/kfnxWm

And from time to time I try to rebroadcast but nothing has helped so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
HELP
DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
gurupaul - 13 Jan 2018
Hi,

I created 2 wallets A and B with the light node 2.5.6. I transferred 9.5MI from binance to A which worked fine. Then I tried sending 2Mi from A to B and the transaction has been pending for more than 6 days: 
APWALIMS9BUTADNGELBKNFHUDTCWEGPVFEBHF99BMCMVZCYXLHMFAILLAPBNXPVGSIZRNCNGLRSQZRTCBPNVKTJVWY

So I reattached and rebroadcasted even if I'm not 100% sure what that exactly means and it created a second line in my wallet : https://ibb.co/kfnxWm

Thanks!

Hi @gurupaul,

The best things to do to try to get it to confirm would be to try a different node from Tools -> Edit Node Configuration, and then every couple of hours attempt to promote the transaction by clicking into the bundle and choosing the promote option. If the promote option isn't available, then use the Reattach option, and then check again for a promote option. As a general rule, the Rebroadcast option is not helpful. A list of nodes to try is available at http://iota.dance/nodes . Finally, I can also replay and promote your transaction on my private node, however, I am currently doing server maintenance, so it'll be a little while before I can do that. As soon as my maintenance is done, if your transaction is still pending, I'll run it through my node for you.

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
gurupaul - 13 Jan 2018
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi @gurupaul, sorry for my delay in getting back to you. My server maintenance took longer than I planned and I ended up going to sleep. Now that I am awake, I have replayed and promoted your transaction to get it to go through. Please note, your transaction was actually for 2i and not 2Mi, but either way, the change was sent to the next address index on your seed (A). You should be all set now and can spend the remainder of your funds from A as well, if you want.

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

gurupaul
g
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Hi DysfunctionalBoss,

Wow thank you so much for doing that. I greatly appreciate it.
So why do you think that happened? Just because the node I was connected to wasn't responsive enough?

Thanks again I just checked and it worked!

DysfunctionalBoss
D
gurupaul - 16 Jan 2018
Hi DysfunctionalBoss,

Wow thank you so much for doing that. I greatly appreciate it.
So why do you think that happened? Just because the node I was connected to wasn't responsive enough?

Thanks again I just checked and it worked!

The public nodes are often overloaded and/or out-of-sync. Most people running their own nodes will find their transactions confirm in just a few minutes. With everyone using the light wallet connecting to the same small handful of public nodes, it can make the tip selection grab "stale" tips or other ill effects. Switching nodes, and promote/replay, usually is your best option (shy of running your own node).

---
Feeling extra generous?

gurupaul
g
Ok good to know. I might try to run my own node next time.

Thanks again!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search