Help! from wallet to Binance pending

Author
g
Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I made a transfer of 10 Mi to Binance 3 days ago as a test, and a transfer of 11 Mi to Bitfinex a day ago. The transactions are still pending. I tried rebroadcast a few times, but no help. For the transaction to Binance, I promoted once. Actually I don't know what does promote do. 

The transaction address is UXPUPCW9RYPEVECNCEDMGODICTEJVNBOGUYIMNWUSNWBYEDZTSVXGVVVBZWNEVYVBPTZFBYXCSRBCYMXCSQN9NYPUC
ABJBIPQFNHTCJHIBKNBVYQXJEWMFK9FSYGERPUFBAZGGNFLDA9EQRCLFJQNUGVYWRYHZNSVMVEVIZFOJBRZCEQINUA

It usually took about 1-2 hours to get confirmed, but this time it took a few days and still pending.
I don't know what to do with it, hoping someone could help.
Thanks in advance

DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
goodpall - 13 Jan 2018
I made a transfer of 10 Mi to Binance 3 days ago as a test, and a transfer of 11 Mi to Bitfinex a day ago. The transactions are still pending. I tried rebroadcast a few times, but no help. For the transaction to Binance, I promoted once. Actually I don't know what does promote do. 

The transaction address is UXPUPCW9RYPEVECNCEDMGODICTEJVNBOGUYIMNWUSNWBYEDZTSVXGVVVBZWNEVYVBPTZFBYXCSRBCYMXCSQN9NYPUC
ABJBIPQFNHTCJHIBKNBVYQXJEWMFK9FSYGERPUFBAZGGNFLDA9EQRCLFJQNUGVYWRYHZNSVMVEVIZFOJBRZCEQINUA

It usually took about 1-2 hours to get confirmed, but this time it took a few days and still pending.
I don't know what to do with it, hoping someone could help.
Thanks in advance

Hi @goodpall,

The usual way to address transactions which are stuck are to reattach and promote them a couple of times a day, using a different node each time (Tools -> Edit Node Configuration). The public nodes can be overloaded at times, so this can help by attaching it onto another entrypoint to the tangle. As a general rule, rebroadcast usually doesn't fix any issues.

To help you out, I'll replay and promote these on my node. This usually does a fairly good job getting things to confirm. I'll check back in a little while to see if it was successful

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

goodpall
g
Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (49 reputation)
@DysfunctionalBoss
Thanks.
Those transactions are still pending. I am so worried that how could I transfer my rest of the IOTA to the exchange?

DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
goodpall - 14 Jan 2018
@DysfunctionalBoss
Thanks.
Those transactions are still pending. I am so worried that how could I transfer my rest of the IOTA to the exchange?

Hi @goodpall,

Sorry for the delay. I started doing server maintenance and it took me longer than I planned, so I eventually fell asleep. I am up now and my server is healthy, so I will replay and promote your transactions now. Give me about a half hour and I should be able to have them both confirmed for you

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

DysfunctionalBoss
D
goodpall - 14 Jan 2018
@DysfunctionalBoss
Thanks.

Hi @goodpall,

It looks like your second on (11Mi) already confirmed, so you're all set on that one. I've replayed and promoted your 10Mi one, but it's being stubborn. I'll keep working at it for you.

---
Feeling extra generous?

goodpall
g
Hi @DysfunctionalBoss
Thanks for your effort. This first transfer is still pending. It is now 5 days already, and I am now kind of worried about the capacity of IOTA.
If this transfer is going to be pending forever, does that mean I am losing this 10Mi?
Thanks
DysfunctionalBoss
D
goodpall - 16 Jan 2018
Hi @DysfunctionalBoss
Thanks for your effort. This first transfer is still pending. It is now 5 days already, and I am now kind of worried about the capacity of IOTA.
If this transfer is going to be pending forever, does that mean I am losing this 10Mi?
Thanks

Hi @goodpall,

I'm going to run it through my node one more time here... I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be confirming. That being said, no, even if it doesn't confirm, you won't have lost your IOTAs. You'll have options, still, such as creating a double spend of the funds using the cli-app wallet https://github.com/iotaledger/cli-app which will allow you to create a second transaction to spend the IOTA again. The downside to that is that each double spend weakens the security of that address, making it more likely to be able to be stolen. (That just makes that one address more vulnerable, not your whole seed.) Another option is to wait for the next snapshot to occur. When snapshots happen, they purge any pending transactions, so that amount would be back on its address as if the transaction never happened.

Anyway, let's see if my latest replay (MWHXXPJXINQ9ZOXUZIVLWE9WOFJRDDBCXRUXXBKMBTVPFYTETKASPLOCQTMICBOQ9OXNYJKONQPQ99999) helps to get it to go through...

---
Feeling extra generous?

DysfunctionalBoss
D
DysfunctionalBoss - 16 Jan 2018
goodpall - 16 Jan 2018
Hi @DysfunctionalBoss
Thanks

Hi @goodpall,

I'm going to run it through my node one more time here... I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be confirming. That being said, no, even if it doesn't confirm, you won't have lost your IOTAs. You'll have options, still, such as creating a double spend of the funds using the cli-app wallet https://github.com/iotaledger/cli-app which will allow you to create a second transaction to spend the IOTA again. The downside to that is that each double spend weakens the security of that address, making it more likely to be able to be stolen. (That just makes that one address more vulnerable, not your whole seed.) Another option is to wait for the next snapshot to occur. When snapshots happen, they purge any pending transactions, so that amount would be back on its address as if the transaction never happened.

Anyway, let's see if my latest replay (MWHXXPJXINQ9ZOXUZIVLWE9WOFJRDDBCXRUXXBKMBTVPFYTETKASPLOCQTMICBOQ9OXNYJKONQPQ99999) helps to get it to go through...

And.... it's confirmed

---
Feeling extra generous?

goodpall
g
goodpall - 16 Jan 2018
Hi @DysfunctionalBoss
Thanks

Hi @goodpall,

And.... it's confirmed

Finally... Thank you very much for the information.
The cli-app seems a little complicated to me. Do you know how often does snapshot take place?
DysfunctionalBoss
D
@goodpall, whenever the foundation thinks one is needed. Eventually, nodes will control their own snapshots, but it is controlled by the Coordinator right now. The last one was in October.

---
Feeling extra generous?

goodpall
g
@goodpall, whenever the foundation thinks one is needed. Eventually, nodes will control their own snapshots, but it is controlled by the Coordinator right now. The last one was in October.

Thanks a lot. You've been so helpful!
Unfortunately, there is new issue arose. I tried to transfer rest of my IOTAs to Binance, but an error popped up: ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED

I tried multiple different addresses and changed a few nodes, but no help. Could you help me on this?
Also, as we replayed or promoted multiple times, there are a few pending transfers in the history going to the same address. Is that true that these transfers never get confirmed? Should I just leave them there and ignore them?

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
goodpall - 16 Jan 2018

Thanks a lot. You've been so helpful!
Unfortunately, there is new issue arose. I tried to transfer rest of my IOTAs to Binance, but an error popped up: ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED

I tried multiple different addresses and changed a few nodes, but no help. Could you help me on this?
Also, as we replayed or promoted multiple times, there are a few pending transfers in the history going to the same address. Is that true that these transfers never get confirmed? Should I just leave them there and ignore them?

@goodpall
Thanks for the update. Yep, when you reattach/promote a transaction a few times, only one of those transactions will confirm while the others remain pending forever.

However the private key reuse error means that you still have a previous transaction that hasn't confirmed yet. You need to get it confirmed before being allowed to send a new outgoing transaction from that wallet
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search