reclaim tool: proof of transaction completed, promote = invalid response

reclaim tool: proof of transaction completed, promote = invalid...
Author
w
Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Searched through the how to section for reclaim tool, ran the steps... 1968 other posts to go through with very general topic

Can't get through the reclaim process. What do I do now, besides just give up and be glad only put in $25 this summer...
HELP
DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
whydoesthishappentome - 13 Jan 2018
Searched through the how to section for reclaim tool, ran the steps... 1968 other posts to go through with very general topic

Can't get through the reclaim process. What do I do now, besides just give up and be glad only put in $25 this summer...

Hi @whydoesthishappentome and welcome to the community. It sounds like you got through the first part of the reclaim process but cannot get through the second phase. A few things to try to get your second phase transaction to submit would be to:
* Check that your node is in sync (bottom left corner, two numbers should match)
* Ensure you are set to use CCurl and not Webgl2 in Tools -> Edit Node Configuration

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

whydoesthishappentome
w
Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)
Had already played with both configurations for edit node configuration. As changed host as well. Left the other setting as 15.
Tried again, same old and new seed. Or have to create a different new seed on each attempt?

Anyway, won't even reattach now... invalid response in red box up top then eventually itoa wallet invalid response.
DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
whydoesthishappentome - 14 Jan 2018
Had already played with both configurations for edit node configuration. As changed host as well. Left the other setting as 15.Tried again, same old and new seed. Or have to create a different new seed on each attempt?Anyway, won't even reattach now... invalid response in red box up top then eventually itoa wallet invalid response.

The weight magnitude standard right now is 14, so you could set that. I'd also suggest trying other nodes from http://iota.dance/nodes as the node you're on may be the problem.

As for the seeds, you just need your old seed and a new seed. Once processed, the reclaimed funds will go to the address with index 0 on your new seed. If you submit multiple reclaims with different seeds, you might end up on a KYC list and have to go through an identity verification process, which could delay your refund even longer.

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

whydoesthishappentome
w
Some took way way longer just to get that same message. Going to ping a bunch to see what happens. Crossing my fingers one might actually work.
whydoesthishappentome
w
Most all ping at the same rate. Tried a few and the 3rd one finally got the promote complete message.

Recovery old seed has balance.

Thanks so so much for all your help. Just wish I would have been patient enough to try a bunch of different nodes (although already tried 4 previously) and finally get the correct one...

Again I can't thank you enough. Especially since there are about 2000 posts of people likely asking the same thing.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@whydoesthishappentome
Thanks for posting with the resolution to your situation. I'm glad everything got resolved.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search