Balance still zero, reclaim address showing zero as well

Author
S
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello There!

Around August I purchased 4000 IOTA from Bitfinex and did not copy the original address.   I then moved my IOTA to the latest desktop wallet at that time.   After that I did not check it until mid November and noticed it was zero. 

Since then I have downloaded the latest wallet and executed the reclaim process (v2.5.6) using my original key and a newly created key.   I received a reclaim address​​​​of JOWZDDE9QERA9RIGSROPN9DEZNCC9PX9MSDYTPBYQTQEQAUCQHGRJNWCHLFWULXFRGEQMFHFMHKYYRUN9IRXPUASWW.  

I have since tried to generate new addresses more than 40 times.   When I look at TheTangle.org, this relaim address shows zero as well.   

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!    I believe in the vision of this project​​​​​​​!

​​

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sardukar - 13 Jan 2018
Hello There!

Around August I purchased 4000 IOTA from Bitfinex and did not copy the original address.   I then moved my IOTA to the latest desktop wallet at that time.   After that I did not check it until mid November and noticed it was zero. 

Since then I have downloaded the latest wallet and executed the reclaim process (v2.5.6) using my original key and a newly created key.   I received a reclaim addressof JOWZDDE9QERA9RIGSROPN9DEZNCC9PX9MSDYTPBYQTQEQAUCQHGRJNWCHLFWULXFRGEQMFHFMHKYYRUN9IRXPUASWW.  

I have since tried to generate new addresses more than 40 times.   When I look at TheTangle.org, this relaim address shows zero as well.   

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!    I believe in the vision of this project!

@Sardukar
Hey there, thanks for the post and welcome to the community.

I'd recommend starting by using the Balance Finder Tool (pinned in a thread at the top of this forum) to locate your old address(es), and then we can take steps from there once that information is available
Sardukar
S
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 13 Jan 2018
Sardukar - 13 Jan 2018
Hello There!

Since then I have downloaded the latest wallet and executed the reclaim process (v2.5.6) using my original key and a newly created key.   I received a reclaim addressof JOWZDDE9QERA9RIGSROPN9DEZNCC9PX9MSDYTPBYQTQEQAUCQHGRJNWCHLFWULXFRGEQMFHFMHKYYRUN9IRXPUASWW.  

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!    I believe in the vision of this project!

@Sardukar

I'd recommend starting by using the Balance Finder Tool (pinned in a thread at the top of this forum) to locate your old address(es), and then we can take steps from there once that information is available

Hi Winston, thanks for the reply!
I tried using the Balance Finder Tool and it just ran forever saying "Checking for new addresses" ?   I tried using no "p" switch and then used "p" switch with the same result.  
​node main.js <seed> <no "p" or "p>
​​​Definitely concerned if my coins have somehow disappeared.  
Any ideas?
​​​​​​​​​
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sardukar - 16 Jan 2018
Winston - 13 Jan 2018
Sardukar - 13 Jan 2018
Hello There!

@Sardukar

Hi Winston, thanks for the reply!
I tried using the Balance Finder Tool and it just ran forever saying "Checking for new addresses" ?   I tried using no "p" switch and then used "p" switch with the same result.  
node main.js <seed> <no "p" or "p>
Definitely concerned if my coins have somehow disappeared.  
Any ideas?

@Sardukar
If you had only used a few addresses on that original seed (less than ~30), then the fact that the balance finder tool fails to find a balance suggests that you're putting the wrong seed into the tool. Try manually typing the seed instead of copy/pasting to see if that helps or changes anything
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search