Some Questions as I am just getting started with IOTA

Author
I
Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I created a wallet and generated a seed (very cool that I got a checksum) - I added money to it. All good. I created a light wallet; Thinking of setting up a full node in azure; I have credits every month to give back to the community. After research; I realized I couldn't trust how I generated my seed; couldn't even remember where. Next steps I used my Mac and generated a new seed and moved 1 MI to it. The transaction has been pending for 3.5 hours. I re-attached it but not sure what rebroadcast means. How long does it take to confirm/ I don't want to move the rest until it does. Is it true I have to generate a new receive address each time I want to send IOTA to my new seed? 

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
IOTA22 - 12 Jan 2018
I created a wallet and generated a seed (very cool that I got a checksum) - I added money to it. All good. I created a light wallet; Thinking of setting up a full node in azure; I have credits every month to give back to the community. After research; I realized I couldn't trust how I generated my seed; couldn't even remember where. Next steps I used my Mac and generated a new seed and moved 1 MI to it. The transaction has been pending for 3.5 hours. I re-attached it but not sure what rebroadcast means. How long does it take to confirm/ I don't want to move the rest until it does. Is it true I have to generate a new receive address each time I want to send IOTA to my new seed? 

@IOTA22
Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Transaction finality is dependent on a bunch of variables. Typically, it's smart to reattach/promote the pending transaction a few times per day until you finally get it confirmed. You might consider switching hosts each time you reattach/promote.

Rebroadcast vs reattach can be read about in the FAQ: https://helloiota.com/faq.html
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search