Last Wallet Balance Check OK in July, Now Balance 0 Even After Reclaim

Last Wallet Balance Check OK in July, Now Balance 0 Even After Reclaim...
Author
m
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys.

I put some iota in my wallet around the month of June 2017. I last checked in July and saw that the balance was there.
Recently I wanted to check again, but after upgrading to the latest wallet and trying to generate addresses severally my balance still remained at 0.

I read the helloiota blog post and tried the reclaim process, it went through the first stage but the second stage keeps saying pending. I asked in slack and was told to just wait. I have never shared my wallet seed with anyone. I generated the seed using code I wrote myself in Javascript using its random() method.

Also, I found the IOTA-Balance-Finder tool and I ran it with the "pre-transitioned address" parameter and it found all my balances in the snapshot taken on Oct 23.

What should I do next?

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
mrcrypto - 12 Jan 2018
Hi guys.

I put some iota in my wallet around the month of June 2017. I last checked in July and saw that the balance was there.
Recently I wanted to check again, but after upgrading to the latest wallet and trying to generate addresses severally my balance still remained at 0.

I read the helloiota blog post and tried the reclaim process, it went through the first stage but the second stage keeps saying pending. I asked in slack and was told to just wait. I have never shared my wallet seed with anyone. I generated the seed using code I wrote myself in Javascript using its random() method.

Also, I found the IOTA-Balance-Finder tool and I ran it with the "pre-transitioned address" parameter and it found all my balances in the snapshot taken on Oct 23.

What should I do next?

@mrcrypto
Thanks for the post, and thanks for joining the forum. I believe we've talked via DM on the IOTA slack already, so welcome. Smile

The bottom line is that you need to get the reclaim process completed. To do that, you need to get phase 2 to confirm both the transaction hash and the address. Try connecting to different nodes or using a different device if your computer is having difficulty with the PoW
mrcrypto
m
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for your help Winston! I continued with the reclaim process.. and I today finally saw the correct balance reflected in the wallet after I updated to the latest one.
So the take away here is that the process is really not straightforward.. but I guess of late it is becoming more and more usable.

Much appreciated.

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
mrcrypto - 16 Feb 2018
Thanks for your help Winston! I continued with the reclaim process.. and I today finally saw the correct balance reflected in the wallet after I updated to the latest one.
So the take away here is that the process is really not straightforward.. but I guess of late it is becoming more and more usable.

Much appreciated.

@mrcrypto
Great. Thanks for stopping by to report the outcome of your situation, and I'm happy it worked out.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search