Only received half my balance from reclaim process

Author
C
Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

In October and November I cashed out via Bitfinex to my IOTA wallet and stupidly sent both transactions to one address which is why the foundation put my balance into storage which I think was the absolute right thing to do. Unfortunately, I have only received 2g out of the 3.6g IOTA I'm owed and I am unsure where the other 1.6g is. My withdrawals from Bitfinex were for 2.6g and 1g so I'm not even sure where this 2g that I've received so far from the reclaim came from, the number just doesn't make sense.

I have the Transaction ID's and addresses for both of those withdraws from October and November from Bitfinex to my wallet if that information will help at all
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018

In October and November I cashed out via Bitfinex to my IOTA wallet and stupidly sent both transactions to one address which is why the foundation put my balance into storage which I think was the absolute right thing to do. Unfortunately, I have only received 2g out of the 3.6g IOTA I'm owed and I am unsure where the other 1.6g is. My withdrawals from Bitfinex were for 2.6g and 1g so I'm not even sure where this 2g that I've received so far from the reclaim came from, the number just doesn't make sense.

I have the Transaction ID's and addresses for both of those withdraws from October and November from Bitfinex to my wallet if that information will help at all

@CryptoKink
Thanks for posting a new thread. Go ahead and post address in your wallet to which you withdrew from Bitfinex, along with both transaction hashes please. We can take a look at the history of these transactions together in a tangle explorer.
CryptoKink
C
Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018

@CryptoKink
Thanks for posting a new thread. Go ahead and post address in your wallet to which you withdrew from Bitfinex, along with both transaction hashes please. We can take a look at the history of these transactions together in a tangle explorer.

Transaction 1
October 10, 2017
2607mi
Address:
JPAEWUJ9BFNCGHBZXOIKKGFIKUFAVTMSLZGCTXDG99KOSNCIBAXWRNRVNMEA9RIGWCJLZQLHLKDSM9ZDYTAYJUBKYW

TX ID:
XKGQFCPPVQAKBKYUATJDQNHODTYVMJDIJEXZDC9LWAAIHHRPQBJ9MYUOIIG9VBOWNLRWRIXPZSUNZ9999

Transaction 2
November 7, 2017
1000mi
Address:
JPAEWUJ9BFNCGHBZXOIKKGFIKUFAVTMSLZGCTXDG99KOSNCIBAXWRNRVNMEA9RIGWCJLZQLHLKDSM9ZDYTAYJUBKYW

TX ID:
FEQJ9OROMQGBYOVXNZNZABKXUAFLNUCASTPLMELE9CTGOUMNTDCIEDTMATFSPGFHPZZWJNXZOYPQ99999

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018

@CryptoKink

Transaction 1
October 10, 2017
2607mi
Address:

TX ID:
XKGQFCPPVQAKBKYUATJDQNHODTYVMJDIJEXZDC9LWAAIHHRPQBJ9MYUOIIG9VBOWNLRWRIXPZSUNZ9999

Transaction 2
November 7, 2017
1000mi
Address:

TX ID:
FEQJ9OROMQGBYOVXNZNZABKXUAFLNUCASTPLMELE9CTGOUMNTDCIEDTMATFSPGFHPZZWJNXZOYPQ99999

@CryptoKink
Wow, that JPAE... address was reused into oblivion. Haha
https://thetangle.org/address/JPAEWUJ9BFNCGHBZXOIKKGFIKUFAVTMSLZGCTXDG99KOSNCIBAXWRNRVNMEA9RIGWCJLZQLHLKDSM9ZDY

Since that address contains zero balance and doesn't show up in the snapshot, you must have had a more recent address that contains your balance.

Let's do this - run your seed through the Balance Finder Tool (https://forum.helloiota.com/802/IOTA-Balance-Finder-Tool Wink  and we can figure out which addresses hold your balance in the snapshot.
Edited 8 Months Ago by Winston
CryptoKink
C
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018

@CryptoKink

Transaction 1
October 10, 2017
2607mi
Address:

TX ID:

Transaction 2
November 7, 2017
1000mi
Address:

TX ID:

@CryptoKink
https://thetangle.org/address/JPAEWUJ9BFNCGHBZXOIKKGFIKUFAVTMSLZGCTXDG99KOSNCIBAXWRNRVNMEA9RIGWCJLZQLHLKDSM9ZDY

Since that address contains zero balance and doesn't show up in the snapshot, you must have had a more recent address that contains your balance.

Let's do this - run your seed through the Balance Finder Tool (https://forum.helloiota.com/802/IOTA-Balance-Finder-Tool Wink  and we can figure out which addresses hold your balance in the snapshot.

Yes, I was quite new to the tangle concept lol

Do I enter the seed from the wallet that had the JPAE address in or from my new wallet that I received portion of my reclaim?
Winston
Winston
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018

@CryptoKink

Transaction 1
October 10, 2017
2607mi
Address:

TX ID:

Transaction 2
November 7, 2017
1000mi
Address:

TX ID:

@CryptoKink

Do I enter the seed from the wallet that had the JPAE address in or from my new wallet that I received portion of my reclaim?

@CryptoKink
Go ahead and enter the old seed into that Balance Finder Tool.
CryptoKink
C
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018

@CryptoKink

Transaction 1
October 10, 2017
2607mi
Address:

TX ID:

Transaction 2
November 7, 2017
1000mi
Address:

TX ID:

@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

I downloaded both programs ( https://git-scm.com &https://nodejs.org ) but all that i see is a black box and when i paste me seed in it nothing happens.  I'm really confused with this process because i am not great with computers
CryptoKink
C
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018

@CryptoKink

Transaction 1
October 10, 2017
2607mi
Address:

TX ID:

Transaction 2
November 7, 2017
1000mi
Address:

TX ID:

@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

I also have no idea what a terminal or power shell is
Winston
Winston
@CryptoKink
Try asking for help in the Tool's thread. Those guys who wrote the program will be able to help you better than I can.
CryptoKink
C
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink
Try asking for help in the Tool's thread. Those guys who wrote the program will be able to help you better than I can.

is there any alternative i can do besides going through the balance finder tool? I read through the tool help forum but that just made me even more confused. Is there a way i can just search manually?
Winston
Winston
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

is there any alternative i can do besides going through the balance finder tool? I read through the tool help forum but that just made me even more confused. Is there a way i can just search manually?

@CryptoKink
Yes, you can search manually.

Login to the wallet with your old seed and just start generating addresses. Check each address against the snapshot to find out which of your addresses are included in the snapshot.

Link to snapshot document:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

**Imortant -- remember that the addresses in the snapshot document do not include the last 9 characters of the address that shows up in your wallet. So the easiest way to search for your address in the snapshot is to only copy the first half of the address that shows up in your wallet, then ctrl+F and search for that string of characters in the snapshot document. Does that make sense?

CryptoKink
C
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

Login to the wallet with your old seed and just start generating addresses. Check each address against the snapshot to find out which of your addresses are included in the snapshot.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

**Imortant -- remember that the addresses in the snapshot document do not include the last 9 characters of the address that shows up in your wallet. So the easiest way to search for your address in the snapshot is to only copy the first half of the address that shows up in your wallet, then ctrl+F and search for that string of characters in the snapshot document. Does that make sense?

Yes!  That I can understand :
CryptoKink
C
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

I've generated and searched almost 100 addresses so far and unfortunately haven't had any results.  I will continue on through the night, but is there a point where all hope is lost?  What the confusing part for me is that I had 3.6g previous to the snapshot, which came from a 2.6g and 1g transfer from bitfinex and when searching through the snapshot for this past reclaim, i was able to find an address with 2g (which i have received from the reclaim), so im just confused where the missing 1.6g could be. Very much appreciate the help Winston!
Winston
Winston
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

I've generated and searched almost 100 addresses so far and unfortunately haven't had any results.  I will continue on through the night, but is there a point where all hope is lost?  What the confusing part for me is that I had 3.6g previous to the snapshot, which came from a 2.6g and 1g transfer from bitfinex and when searching through the snapshot for this past reclaim, i was able to find an address with 2g (which i have received from the reclaim), so im just confused where the missing 1.6g could be. Very much appreciate the help Winston!

@CryptoKink
Here was the original address that we were dealing with: 
It had 3 outgoing transactions:
1.   -1 Gi
2.   -2.61 Gi
3.   -1.14 Gi

I followed each one forward through the tangle to find out where they all ended up. Numbers 2 and 3 get sent to another address, and then converge here:

FXQUYOVL9WCKXGTXVBLTIFUPNHWUKDCUZMLMDUG9OSFUFKGRAQEVEVSNDWXPZOPEOWMHVZWBPCMTWAHO9; 2007687956; KEY_REUSE_OCT

The change is sent elsewhere in a confusing manner, and number 1 is sent to other places with transactions as recently as one week ago. So someone must have been able to steal some of your funds from one of the reused addresses before the snapshot was done back in October (or whenever it took place). The only address I could find in the snapshot out of all of these was the FXQUY... address which looks like it's the 2 Gi address that you said you've received in the reclaim process.

Edited 8 Months Ago by Winston
CryptoKink
C
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink
1.   -1 Gi
2.   -2.61 Gi
3.   -1.14 Gi

I followed each one forward through the tangle to find out where they all ended up. Numbers 2 and 3 get sent to another address, and then converge here:

FXQUYOVL9WCKXGTXVBLTIFUPNHWUKDCUZMLMDUG9OSFUFKGRAQEVEVSNDWXPZOPEOWMHVZWBPCMTWAHO9; 2007687956; KEY_REUSE_OCT

The change is sent elsewhere in a confusing manner, and number 1 is sent to other places with transactions as recently as one week ago. So someone must have been able to steal some of your funds from one of the reused addresses before the snapshot was done back in October (or whenever it took place). The only address I could find in the snapshot out of all of these was the FXQUY... address which looks like it's the 2 Gi address that you said you've received in the reclaim process.

OK, its starting to make a little more sense.  So the issue inst that i received half my funds in the reclaim,because i only reclaimed 2gi and did receive that, so i received all that i claimed. The issue is there are 1.6gi missing that could be in an address that I'm unable to find to reclaim or that they were stolen.  I'm able to live with either, i'd just like to get it resolved. Should i continue generating addresses and searching the snapshot or is that a lost cause?
Winston
Winston
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink
1.   -1 Gi
2.   -2.61 Gi
3.   -1.14 Gi

OK, its starting to make a little more sense.  So the issue inst that i received half my funds in the reclaim,because i only reclaimed 2gi and did receive that, so i received all that i claimed. The issue is there are 1.6gi missing that could be in an address that I'm unable to find to reclaim or that they were stolen.  I'm able to live with either, i'd just like to get it resolved. Should i continue generating addresses and searching the snapshot or is that a lost cause?

@CryptoKink
Honestly, it looks like the remaining balance was stolen before the snapshot took place. You can follow that stolen portion of your balance forward and see that the thief never reused an address, so they never had their funds saved by the Foundation. They have moved those funds around as recently as last week. So I'd say it's safe to say the other 1.6 Gi that you were waiting for is effectively gone forever.

Having said that, I find it miraculous that only 1.6 Gi was stolen after you reused that address 3 times. I haven't seen anyone as fortunate as you, retaining 2 Gi in a situation like this.
CryptoKink
C
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink
1.   -1 Gi
2.   -2.61 Gi
3.   -1.14 Gi

@CryptoKink
Honestly, it looks like the remaining balance was stolen before the snapshot took place. You can follow that stolen portion of your balance forward and see that the thief never reused an address, so they never had their funds saved by the Foundation. They have moved those funds around as recently as last week. So I'd say it's safe to say the other 1.6 Gi that you were waiting for is effectively gone forever.

Having said that, I find it miraculous that only 1.6 Gi was stolen after you reused that address 3 times. I haven't seen anyone as fortunate as you, retaining 2 Gi in a situation like this.

HaHa, well thats good to know atleast.  Thanks for all your help winston!  one more thing, when i make a transfer to my wallet, do i initiate the transfer than attach the address to the tangle or do i attach the address first then initiate tranfer?
Winston
Winston
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
CryptoKink - 12 Jan 2018
Winston - 12 Jan 2018
@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink

@CryptoKink
1.   -1 Gi
2.   -2.61 Gi
3.   -1.14 Gi

@CryptoKink

HaHa, well thats good to know atleast.  Thanks for all your help winston!  one more thing, when i make a transfer to my wallet, do i initiate the transfer than attach the address to the tangle or do i attach the address first then initiate tranfer?

@CryptoKink
Two quick things to understand about address attachment stuff:
1) It's not necessary to attach an address to the tangle in order to receive a transaction at that address. This means that it's no big deal if you never attach an address but still receive funds at that address. You'll get those funds.
2) HOWEVER, your wallet only sees addresses that belong to it. The wallet doesn't store addresses locally, so attaching an address to the tangle is effectively telling the wallet that address belongs to you, and the wallet finds the balance therein. So in terms of getting the correct balance to show up in your wallet, yes it's important to attach the receiving address to the tangle. But in terms of having to attach an address in order to receive funds, no that's not absolutely necessary.

Good question - thanks
Lucas
L
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Hey, I also received only half of my iotas after reclaim 
To the address: DPWO9GFBGQVFOIIFHACHSJNGHQINBLEJXHOZSYPFKIHIPZFSDRKDWNKOJGLVPMJBVIEMAJZLSMSVPVUDCEZIBFBNGW
I bought iota in July and I dont know my old address any more. What should I do in order to get the other half?
Winston
Winston
Lucas - 18 Feb 2018
Hey, I also received only half of my iotas after reclaim 
To the address: DPWO9GFBGQVFOIIFHACHSJNGHQINBLEJXHOZSYPFKIHIPZFSDRKDWNKOJGLVPMJBVIEMAJZLSMSVPVUDCEZIBFBNGW
I bought iota in July and I dont know my old address any more. What should I do in order to get the other half?

@Lucas 
Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

I would recommend starting by putting your old seed into the Balance Finder Tool (pinned to the top of the Help forum) to locate which old address(es) hold your remaining balance. Then we can troubleshoot from there.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search