Missing Balance still not showing!

Author
e
Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Winston,

I see you've helped many people may be you can help me recover my balance too.
Did the reclaim twice. Process 1 and 2. Both times it was confirmed. But still nothing. I have both old and new seed. Don't know which seed to use for my balance to show up. Here's a list of addresses from which my balance was taken into IOTA's custody:

XSSVBOINQMXKRVSHNQYZQDWIFDUOKXCPQSXC9VEIXNUJN9A9UECVDZGYZJUXIXGFKUMDIKOPDJFHNAVGDIDYJYANQY
HVNXSUEMFZNHLRVXQCCJTMRUBOMXZLKEEMQEUEXLJKPGKDQPTO9OWQRZDVIFFGILKISNC9AMQJOEHUGPDPRIRHKBYB
ZEEIYVEQDJGQXJIYSIJO9LWPNXDR9QCAFPQRVJRE9VNGIIKHQFYIEVLGKKGEE9ZVTJDDGPYLXPLPCTYADWUXBYZINX
DBGVDVMWTPCQFHBELGQQKWEQNJIEITVPUGOQVDKLMSCPWJVDKMYUFZGHXTADSCQL9LLJCHVHTZQBEBFGXIREOCAUFX

I am using the new seed to attach it to the tangle and still nothing.
Thank you again for all your hardwork.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
elatif - 11 Jan 2018
Hello Winston,

I see you've helped many people may be you can help me recover my balance too.
Did the reclaim twice. Process 1 and 2. Both times it was confirmed. But still nothing. I have both old and new seed. Don't know which seed to use for my balance to show up. Here's a list of addresses from which my balance was taken into IOTA's custody:

XSSVBOINQMXKRVSHNQYZQDWIFDUOKXCPQSXC9VEIXNUJN9A9UECVDZGYZJUXIXGFKUMDIKOPDJFHNAVGDIDYJYANQY
HVNXSUEMFZNHLRVXQCCJTMRUBOMXZLKEEMQEUEXLJKPGKDQPTO9OWQRZDVIFFGILKISNC9AMQJOEHUGPDPRIRHKBYB
ZEEIYVEQDJGQXJIYSIJO9LWPNXDR9QCAFPQRVJRE9VNGIIKHQFYIEVLGKKGEE9ZVTJDDGPYLXPLPCTYADWUXBYZINX
DBGVDVMWTPCQFHBELGQQKWEQNJIEITVPUGOQVDKLMSCPWJVDKMYUFZGHXTADSCQL9LLJCHVHTZQBEBFGXIREOCAUFX

I am using the new seed to attach it to the tangle and still nothing.
Thank you again for all your hardwork.

@elatif
Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

You'll be super happy to hear that your balance is available right now! Here's your old address in the snapshot:
XSSVBOINQMXKRVSHNQYZQDWIFDUOKXCPQSXC9VEIXNUJN9A9UECVDZGYZJUXIXGFKUMDIKOPDJFHNAVGD; 784430626; AVAILABLE

This means that you just need to log into your old seed, generate a few addresses, and your correct balance will show up in the wallet. Make sure that you're using the newest version of the wallet v2.5.6. (easy wallet download tutorial: https://helloiota.com/downloadwallet/1.html ) Please post with the results.
elatif
e
Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)
Hi Winston,
Thanks for replying. I am trying still nothing so far 240+ addresses has been attached.
Can you please let me know about the other 3 addresses too. I am super worried about my IOTAs. Please help.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
elatif - 12 Jan 2018
Hi Winston,
Thanks for replying. I am trying still nothing so far 240+ addresses has been attached.
Can you please let me know about the other 3 addresses too. I am super worried about my IOTAs. Please help.

@elatif
Oops I must have been too excited to complete all of the addresses when I saw that the first one was available. Let's take a look at all of them now:

1.   XSSVBOINQMXKRVSHNQYZQDWIFDUOKXCPQSXC9VEIXNUJN9A9UECVDZGYZJUXIXGFKUMDIKOPDJFHNAVGD; 784430626; AVAILABLE
2.   HVNXSUEMFZNHLRVXQCCJTMRUBOMXZLKEEMQEUEXLJKPGKDQPTO9OWQRZDVIFFGILKISNC9AMQJOEHUGPD; 184386777; KEY_REUSE_SEPT
3.   ZEEIYVEQDJGQXJIYSIJO9LWPNXDR9QCAFPQRVJRE9VNGIIKHQFYIEVLGKKGEE9ZVTJDDGPYLXPLPCTYAD; 405381464; KEY_REUSE_SEPT
4.   https://thetangle.org/address/DBGVDVMWTPCQFHBELGQQKWEQNJIEITVPUGOQVDKLMSCPWJVDKMYUFZGHXTADSCQL9LLJCHVHTZQBEBFGX
^^^ This fourth address wasn't in the snapshot. It is currently empty with a balance of 0 (and you can see the transaction history by following the link above)

This is a rather complicated situation, so let's take it one at a time:
1.   The fact that you've generated 240 addresses without generating the XSSVB... address yet means that you're in the incorrect seed. You can go ahead and stop generating addresses - we need to troubleshoot your seed and figure out how to correct it to find your balance. Try logging into the wallet by manually typing the OLD seed, then generate a few addresses. See if the list of addresses is different than it is now. Remember, you need to be logging in with the old seed in order to see this address (the likely problem is that you're logging in with the new seed right now).

2 + 3.   You would have needed to complete the reclaim process to receive the balance of these two addresses. You say that you completed it, so I guess all you can really do is wait for the next update from the IOTA Foundation. Neither of these addresses appears on the KYC list of addresses, so I'd just wait another week or two before taking further action.

4.   It looks like the balance of this address has already been sent elsewhere, so this address is now irrelevant to our efforts here.

Edited Last Week by Winston
elatif
e
1 Yes I'm sorry I was using new seed (thought all my balance would show up there according to the reclaim process). Gonna change now and try attaching it.
2 & 3 Can wait another couple of weeks.
4 I haven't used at all except to transfer from bitfinex to my wallet. How can it be gone Please see attached pic showing my balance before i transferred #1 to my wallet. (So 1.136881391 + 784.430626 in total) Please Please Please I haven't used it help me. It was all gone with IOTA custody thing happened. Please match the dates with all other addresses It'll match with the other addresses when it was taken into custody around the same time)

Winston
Winston
elatif - 12 Jan 2018
1 Yes I'm sorry I was using new seed (thought all my balance would show up there according to the reclaim process). Gonna change now and try attaching it.
2 & 3 Can wait another couple of weeks.
4 I haven't used at all except to transfer from bitfinex to my wallet. How can it be gone Please see attached pic showing my balance before i transferred #1 to my wallet. (So 1.136881391 + 784.430626 in total) Please Please Please I haven't used it help me. It was all gone with IOTA custody thing happened. Please match the dates with all other addresses It'll match with the other addresses when it was taken into custody around the same time)

@elatif
The 547 Mi out of the 577 Mi in address #4 was sent to this address:
SGKVRNZYQFU9MTTKJRKSBYSDXOTLTSO9WGYWWJNKQOLMQEHQDPGILUPOPANUBPYZRC9RGD9OAWOQLIBZC; 547113150; KEY_REUSE_SEPT

The other 30 Mi from that 4th address was sent down a long chain of other transactions that I don't have time to follow right now.

Check to see if your old seed generates the SGKVR.... address.
elatif
e
I am gonna try to attach it to the tangle and see if the balance shows there. I'll update once i see any progress.
Please don't forget about me and this issue. Please help me. I don't wanna lose my money. I haven't send it to anyone other than the custody thing that happened.
Winston
Winston
elatif - 12 Jan 2018
I am gonna try to attach it to the tangle and see if the balance shows there. I'll update once i see any progress.
Please don't forget about me and this issue. Please help me. I don't wanna lose my money. I haven't send it to anyone other than the custody thing that happened.

@elatif
I answer every single post that's made on this forum in at least two sittings per day, so I'll be assisting to the best of my abilities. No need to worry about being forgotten. But remember that I'm just some random guy doing this in my free time, so I don't have special powers or anything that'll get your balance back for you. Let's take it one step at a time and work our way through this thing.
Edited Last Week by Winston
elatif
e
So I'm using the old seed and strange thing happened right now is as i was attaching to the tangle and the same address popped up that you just gave me 
SGKVRNZYQFU9MTTKJRKSBYSDXOTLTSO9WGYWWJNKQOLMQEHQDPGILUPOPANUBPYZRC9RGD9OAWOQLIBZC but is still pending. Any reason? 
elatif
e
Also if it was taken from my seed and it's key reuse sept issue means that it should be in IOTA's custody now. Can i ask IOTA team to do something in regards to this issue? Who do i talk to?
Winston
Winston
elatif - 12 Jan 2018
So I'm using the old seed and strange thing happened right now is as i was attaching to the tangle and the same address popped up that you just gave me 
SGKVRNZYQFU9MTTKJRKSBYSDXOTLTSO9WGYWWJNKQOLMQEHQDPGILUPOPANUBPYZRC9RGD9OAWOQLIBZC but is still pending. Any reason? 

@elatif
This is good news. The fact that your old seed generated the SGKV... address is a good thing, because that means that your seed grants access to that address, and your balance hasn't been stolen as we were worried about.

So all you need to do is reclaim from this old seed, and your 547 Mi will be returned to your wallet. You've said that you already reclaimed, so the best advice for the time being is to wait another week or so. We need to see the next official statement from the IOTA Foundation, and then proceed from there. I'll be here to help you through the process, so I'll help you get things figured out.

Summary: Your balance was saved by the Foundation. Let's wait another week before figuring out the next steps to take.
elatif
e
Yes thank you for reassuring that it hasn't been stolen. 
I can wait another week or so. 
Thank you once again. I'll get in touch with you with updates as I go through this.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search