choirguy Balance Help

Author
VALLEY BOY
Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good day, you gave me the links:  

( Awesome. So your 200 Mi are on https://thetangle.org/address/ZKXJPSLH99LACLJMSCQSHWVOBYTVEDG9PLRYLYNGDWKOZBVVZEF9XH9Z9HTEBKKFXYONFZMJQTVTFNOUW

and your 60 Mi are on https://thetangle.org/address/VDAAEWWAIYEUJP99PRLGXVATNQWHZCIBVZBHRNKUACYEXQGAGWMHR9BKHPZMPWVCSVTFICXNYUOZGXFTW )

I update the version a while back ago (2.5.6)

THE MIN WEIGHT MAGNITUDE IS: 14

THE CURL IS: Webgl 2 Curl implementation

the numbers (host nodes) are in sync on the bottom left

I checked this morning in the wallet, entered my seed (81) and the balance was zero
(the history tab did show all 3 balances, 10Mi, 90Mi + 100Mi + 60Mi before, now just the 200Mi)

It was taken out in error as I noticed there were 7 TRANSFERS/5 ADDRESSES

and prior to this it was 27 TRANSFERS/18 ADDRESSES....

I still have all of the HASH addresses for all balances.....

Can you shed some light on the subject? Is there anything that I should do to recover this balance

Thank you

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@choirguy
Thanks for posting in the Help forum. Your post has been split off into a standalone thread so that we can keep all of the details of your situation in here.

So it sounds like your wallet isn't generating either of the two addresses (ZKXJ... or VDAA...), right?

How many addresses had you used previously on your wallet? 20? 50? 100?
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)
just one which I created for the $60MI

Originally, I had 27 Transfers and 18 deposit addresses (which was created by me so I can find my balances).

It is now 7 Transfers and 5 deposit addresses......it appears as if it was cleaned up after being scrutinized.
I still show the following in the history section: 

1. BUNDLE DETAILS

Hash: 9HSKNAEAPUHDOMXVWOHKPJFONTGJQXVIZCUOSQU9XKMSHETFZTOSCXLPQ9GQQHJAOTJTXJXSBOJD99999

ZKXJPSLH99LACLJMSCQSHWVOBYTVEDG9PLRYLYNGDWKOZBVVZEF9XH9Z9HTEBKKFXYONFZMJQTVTFNOUWLVNKAGZCB
100 Mi
ZACTHBQCCXSRRDHDJBXHEKMKBHQABFOYMQUOCBLNQZPQLQKQEZNGGRE9EAUUYELSSQCIKXTMAMVJVINSAQKDHJQSQX
-100 Mi
ZACTHBQCCXSRRDHDJBXHEKMKBHQABFOYMQUOCBLNQZPQLQKQEZNGGRE9EAUUYELSSQCIKXTMAMVJVINSAQKDHJQSQX
   Persistence: Confirmed

2. BUNDLE DETAILS

Hash: MM9KDKBZAWJJSEXNPEKGQXNUEXMHETWRCWXQQKMEBTFBTJHXSXKZNOOXZFRDDKWUONXBDIRCMVVY99999

REFLZZMZLUXDGVXQIOBPDSQOTFW9AXZQXC9TOIRCB9DGANWWBFRBOWVZBRBJCJFRJHXGGKIRYAWTPWTFJPWBXSGCIPWD
219 Mi
90 Mi

JUJ9FMFZBFFZRRQHFVH9YJ9WGSDRPGHBRIYEHUJYKQRXMQSZAKSYZVXBAUXGOYUV9ODMFYZLAALR9TTPDEYKERXNFY
-214.6+ Gi
JUJ9FMFZBFFZRRQHFVH9YJ9WGSDRPGHBRIYEHUJYKQRXMQSZAKSYZVXBAUXGOYUV9ODMFYZLAALR9TTPDEYKERXNFY
LEMZSLZWVJJGBRSJTCIJZQWYGIBSLEDXPTU9ABUX9PCJBYNLEBCEJYFD9QFHQGO9ORGPAECAERNGYSGJDGOSFQZQVW
214.3+ Gi

3. BUNDLE DETAILS

Hash: TXFELLRJOABBIRBTETKYX9HVHCVGWEMAAAHPHAANVKDDDCTGKAGDTBMMOYOKHDGAIMGAUJSXFTND99999

WCZACTHBQCCXSRRDHDJBXHEKMKBHQABFOYMQUOCBLNQZPQLQKQEZNGGRE9EAUUYELSSQCIKXTMAMVJVINSAQKDHJQSQX
10 Mi

OBHFOYWDQGEIGUTPTPPDMNGUDCRGOOYUUYGCYAMAONGOYJBSARKBAOHSSHIGOLNX9LFTFOKROBLOYRTNWMUTYWXJBW
23 Mi
UGUPHDWWZOGVKDWRYXLKIUKULBRBODOBYKFYGRMZBXKKYHCBZLGWDQBFTHEHRWTELJSJSWUMGIWIVUPBAAGUNGVJRX
4.3+ Gi
KDJANVSMLYESGHFYZFOGEJCMIZZPYLUCUCHJRCFHRBOYVUDKPMHRDZWGEMIXXLHCZBGMWYTGC9CWKHZPXH9ZUN9NFB
-3.5+ Gi
KDJANVSMLYESGHFYZFOGEJCMIZZPYLUCUCHJRCFHRBOYVUDKPMHRDZWGEMIXXLHCZBGMWYTGC9CWKHZPXH9ZUN9NFB
UCMBGWBFJZBVNI9JEMTIYOSUFETNHAVPPUBFYSOVIVWLHCZWHDPOZFMVCAMZGSVJPXCYHFPJUOCIADFVDZMNJSBBMW
-4.7+ Gi
UCMBGWBFJZBVNI9JEMTIYOSUFETNHAVPPUBFYSOVIVWLHCZWHDPOZFMVCAMZGSVJPXCYHFPJUOCIADFVDZMNJSBBMW
WSVJ9CIBZZSUA9OFLXHPPMNAJCVXZTVR3. 

Thanx
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
the 60MI was not in history, only in the wallet facescreen 
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
choirguy - 12 Jan 2018
just one which I created for the $60MI

Originally, I had 27 Transfers and 18 deposit addresses (which was created by me so I can find my balances).

It is now 7 Transfers and 5 deposit addresses......it appears as if it was cleaned up after being scrutinized.
I still show the following in the history section: 

1. BUNDLE DETAILS

Hash: 9HSKNAEAPUHDOMXVWOHKPJFONTGJQXVIZCUOSQU9XKMSHETFZTOSCXLPQ9GQQHJAOTJTXJXSBOJD99999

ZKXJPSLH99LACLJMSCQSHWVOBYTVEDG9PLRYLYNGDWKOZBVVZEF9XH9Z9HTEBKKFXYONFZMJQTVTFNOUWLVNKAGZCB
100 Mi
-100 Mi

2. BUNDLE DETAILS

Hash: MM9KDKBZAWJJSEXNPEKGQXNUEXMHETWRCWXQQKMEBTFBTJHXSXKZNOOXZFRDDKWUONXBDIRCMVVY99999

REFLZZMZLUXDGVXQIOBPDSQOTFW9AXZQXC9TOIRCB9DGANWWBFRBOWVZBRBJCJFRJHXGGKIRYAWTPWTFJPWBXSGCIPWD
219 Mi
90 Mi

-214.6+ Gi
LEMZSLZWVJJGBRSJTCIJZQWYGIBSLEDXPTU9ABUX9PCJBYNLEBCEJYFD9QFHQGO9ORGPAECAERNGYSGJDGOSFQZQVW
214.3+ Gi

3. BUNDLE DETAILS

Hash: TXFELLRJOABBIRBTETKYX9HVHCVGWEMAAAHPHAANVKDDDCTGKAGDTBMMOYOKHDGAIMGAUJSXFTND99999

WCZACTHBQCCXSRRDHDJBXHEKMKBHQABFOYMQUOCBLNQZPQLQKQEZNGGRE9EAUUYELSSQCIKXTMAMVJVINSAQKDHJQSQX
10 Mi

OBHFOYWDQGEIGUTPTPPDMNGUDCRGOOYUUYGCYAMAONGOYJBSARKBAOHSSHIGOLNX9LFTFOKROBLOYRTNWMUTYWXJBW
23 Mi
UGUPHDWWZOGVKDWRYXLKIUKULBRBODOBYKFYGRMZBXKKYHCBZLGWDQBFTHEHRWTELJSJSWUMGIWIVUPBAAGUNGVJRX
4.3+ Gi
-3.5+ Gi
-4.7+ Gi
WSVJ9CIBZZSUA9OFLXHPPMNAJCVXZTVR3. 

Thanx

@choirguy
If you had previously generated 18 addresses, then let's go ahead an generate that many addresses in your current wallet. We need to generate the two addresses that contain your balance, and it looks like you've only generated 7 addresses so far
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
It was originally 27 transfers & 19 deposit addresses (Now it is 18 because I used the first one to purchase an add'l $60Mi....the following address was used for this

VDAAEWWAIYEUJP99PRLGXVATNQWHZCIBVZBHRNKUACYEXQGAGWMHR9BKHPZMPWVCSVTFICXNYUOZGXFTWOICTCTRLW  (to purchase $60Mi.)

It is now 7 transfers and 5 deposit addresses....it appears someone from the foundation did a scrutiny clean-up......but I suppose during the clean-up the $60Mi was also removed in error from the history section and the wallet facescreen......

Should I then create more deposit addresses as you initially asked ......I read somewhere that there maybe a clean-up (snapshot) process and a balance can be affected in the process.....it sounds like this issue here......I might be wrong....you tell me......what do you suggest?

Winston
Winston
choirguy - 12 Jan 2018
It was originally 27 transfers & 19 deposit addresses (Now it is 18 because I used the first one to purchase an add'l $60Mi....the following address was used for this

VDAAEWWAIYEUJP99PRLGXVATNQWHZCIBVZBHRNKUACYEXQGAGWMHR9BKHPZMPWVCSVTFICXNYUOZGXFTWOICTCTRLW  (to purchase $60Mi.)

It is now 7 transfers and 5 deposit addresses....it appears someone from the foundation did a scrutiny clean-up......but I suppose during the clean-up the $60Mi was also removed in error from the history section and the wallet facescreen......

Should I then create more deposit addresses as you initially asked ......I read somewhere that there maybe a clean-up (snapshot) process and a balance can be affected in the process.....it sounds like this issue here......I might be wrong....you tell me......what do you suggest?

@choirguy
Yeah, let's go ahead and generate 20 addresses and go from there
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
Good morning Winston, I ran the wallet this morning, it was very slow, I immediately changed nodes, and with this node it show the 60Mi I had initially
and the history (as well as on the wallet facescreen) is the same (60Mi, 100Mi, 90Mi, 10Mi - it's all there. As for the links that you mentioned (2).......it shows
ZKXJ.... and VDAA......with their corresponding HASH - this is how it was before including the 27 transfers and 18 deposit addresses......that's wierd....is that
suppose to happen?

Again, I ran a new node in the TOOLS tab from the wallet.....it appears balances get shifted around (not lost with the correct seed_

What do you suggest I do accordingly?

Thanx!

Winston
Winston
choirguy - 12 Jan 2018
Good morning Winston, I ran the wallet this morning, it was very slow, I immediately changed nodes, and with this node it show the 60Mi I had initially
and the history (as well as on the wallet facescreen) is the same (60Mi, 100Mi, 90Mi, 10Mi - it's all there. As for the links that you mentioned (2).......it shows
ZKXJ.... and VDAA......with their corresponding HASH - this is how it was before including the 27 transfers and 18 deposit addresses......that's wierd....is that
suppose to happen?

Again, I ran a new node in the TOOLS tab from the wallet.....it appears balances get shifted around (not lost with the correct seed_

What do you suggest I do accordingly?

Thanx!

@choirguy
The only thing we're trying to do right now is get these two addresses to appear in your wallet history:

VDAAEWWAIYEUJP99PRLGXVATNQWHZCIBVZBHRNKUACYEXQGAGWMHR9BKHPZMPWVCSVTFICXNYUOZGXFTWOICTCTRLW

Nothing else really matters other than getting those two addresses in your wallet history. It's unclear from your previous statement whether those addresses appear in your wallet yet. If they don't, and you've generated more addresses than you had used previously (on the old wallet), then you're in the wrong seed. If those addresses do appear in your wallet history, then your problem is solved.
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
Its in there, but not in that format like a http.www.......but those 2 addresses are in history, just the 60Mi still shows on the wallet screen only wen it should be 260Mi, but as long as they are in the history (including the 6-Mi) should OK......they are all confirmed too......perhaps I need to create another seed for this purpose.......what do you think?

What is that link?

Have a awesome weekend Winston and Thank you !
Winston
Winston
@choirguy

https://thetangle.org/address/ZKXJPSLH99LACLJMSCQSHWVOBYTVEDG9PLRYLYNGDWKOZBVVZEF9XH9Z9HTEBKKFXYONFZMJQTVTFNOUW
This is just a link to the address in a tangle explorer. It lets you look at the address from a browser rather than having to login to a wallet.

Make sure that your wallet is synced. If it's not showing the correct balance, you might need to connect to a different host.

Thanks! You have a great weekend as well.
Edited Last Week by Winston
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
Winston - 13 Jan 2018
@choirguy

https://thetangle.org/address/ZKXJPSLH99LACLJMSCQSHWVOBYTVEDG9PLRYLYNGDWKOZBVVZEF9XH9Z9HTEBKKFXYONFZMJQTVTFNOUW
This is just a link to the address in a tangle explorer. It lets you look at the address from a browser rather than having to login to a wallet.

Make sure that your wallet is synced. If it's not showing the correct balance, you might need to connect to a different host.

Hello Winston, hope you had a good weekend thus far. I noticed on the top of my wallet (above tools) there is 2.5.6 ten IRI 1.4.1.6....it was IRI 1.5.1.6-when there is a available host or node .....that appears......is this a cause why all of my balances are not the wallet facescreen.....also, does light wallet versus a full mode wallet.....would that have to do with it........any suffestions.....let me know on Monday..

Thanx!

I have a new list of nodes....just in case
Winston
Winston
VALLEY BOY - 14 Jan 2018
Winston - 13 Jan 2018
@choirguy

Hello Winston, hope you had a good weekend thus far. I noticed on the top of my wallet (above tools) there is 2.5.6 ten IRI 1.4.1.6....it was IRI 1.5.1.6-when there is a available host or node .....that appears......is this a cause why all of my balances are not the wallet facescreen.....also, does light wallet versus a full mode wallet.....would that have to do with it........any suffestions.....let me know on Monday..

Thanx!

I have a new list of nodes....just in case

@choirguy112766

If those two addresses do show up in your wallet history, but the balance doesn't show up in your wallet, then it's certainly a host connection error. You don't need to be running a full node (continue using the light wallet). You should switch hosts a few times until you get the proper wallet history and balance to appear. Your balance is correctly held in those two addresses, so this is just a matter of getting your "window" into the tangle (the wallet) to sync up with the actual state of the IOTA distributed ledger
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
interesting that you mentioned that all of the balances do show under certain nodes and other times I have to choose a new host and the balances are not there........I agree on the 2 address links I had before...I know so many changes IOTA is going thru right now it is overwhelming.....I get that.....as long as the total balances are there (260 Mi) then I can assume I am good until it is time to sell......would you agree?

Thanx !

Winston
Winston
VALLEY BOY - 14 Jan 2018
interesting that you mentioned that all of the balances do show under certain nodes and other times I have to choose a new host and the balances are not there........I agree on the 2 address links I had before...I know so many changes IOTA is going thru right now it is overwhelming.....I get that.....as long as the total balances are there (260 Mi) then I can assume I am good until it is time to sell......would you agree?

Thanx !

@choirguy112766
It would be best if you could find a host that's well synced enough to recognize the correct balance in these two addresses.
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
Winston - 15 Jan 2018
VALLEY BOY - 14 Jan 2018

Thanx !

@choirguy112766
It would be best if you could find a host that's well synced enough to recognize the correct balance in these two addresses.
Good morning, that's just it ........99% of the time the hosts in the wallet (under "tools") are not available......I have a new list of hosts that I located in a IOTA's forum, but none of them have an actual link or way to appear on my wallet.....I can't cut and paste - it will not work......in order to show all of balances (260Mi), what do you suggest I do..will running a new seed matter or is there another methodology in this case ? 

Winston
Winston
VALLEY BOY - 15 Jan 2018
Winston - 15 Jan 2018
VALLEY BOY - 14 Jan 2018

Thanx !

@choirguy112766
Good morning, that's just it ........99% of the time the hosts in the wallet (under "tools") are not available......I have a new list of hosts that I located in a IOTA's forum, but none of them have an actual link or way to appear on my wallet.....I can't cut and paste - it will not work......in order to show all of balances (260Mi), what do you suggest I do..will running a new seed matter or is there another methodology in this case ? 

@choirguy112766
This is 100% a host issue. So you just need to either run down the list of hosts provided in the wallet, or enter different hosts manually until you find one that syncs you well enough to see your correct balance. This is not a seed issue, and it's not an address issue (it has nothing to do with the tangle or IOTA itself). You just need to find a host that works
VALLEY BOY
VALLEY BOY
Winston - 15 Jan 2018
VALLEY BOY - 15 Jan 2018
Winston - 15 Jan 2018
VALLEY BOY - 14 Jan 2018

Thanx !

@choirguy112766

@choirguy112766
This is 100% a host issue. So you just need to either run down the list of hosts provided in the wallet, or enter different hosts manually until you find one that syncs you well enough to see your correct balance. This is not a seed issue, and it's not an address issue (it has nothing to do with the tangle or IOTA itself). You just need to find a host that works
Hello Winston, I will try that...

Thanx!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search