Prior Pending Transaction Prevents me from Sending New Transactions

Prior Pending Transaction Prevents me from Sending New Transactions
Author
c
Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (162 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have a transaction that's been pending for a few days.  While that's a problem, a bigger issue is that I can't send any new transactions ... I get the "ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED!".  Is there a way to get a new sending address so I can start making transactions again?  

P.S.  Does anyone know what Iota node Binance uses?  That's where I'm sending my funds, so I figure my chances of a successful transaction will go up if I use the same node they're on.  Is my thinking correct?

Thanks to moderators for putting up with all our noob questions!
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
cdfairchild - 11 Jan 2018
Hello,

I have a transaction that's been pending for a few days.  While that's a problem, a bigger issue is that I can't send any new transactions ... I get the "ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED!".  Is there a way to get a new sending address so I can start making transactions again?  

P.S.  Does anyone know what Iota node Binance uses?  That's where I'm sending my funds, so I figure my chances of a successful transaction will go up if I use the same node they're on.  Is my thinking correct?

Thanks to moderators for putting up with all our noob questions!

@cdfairchild
Thanks for the question.

The wallet has a built-in feature to protect people from accidentally reusing addresses and having their balances stolen. This feature requires that your previous pending transaction be confirmed before you're allowed to send a new outgoing transaction. Promote/reattach that pending transaction a few times per day and it'll eventually be confirmed.

It doesn't matter which host you end up using. Binance doesn't necessarily use their public nodes for transactions. Theoretically, however, both parties using the same node would indeed reduce transaction propagation time between the two wallets.

Thanks for being part of the community. It's questions like these that build knowledge for everyone else.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search