IOTA vs MIOTA

Author
M
Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated:

I downloaded the wallet from Iotas site and successfully sent 500 Iota to it, no problem. I then sent the same Iota back to Binance to trade. The transaction went through, but I sent Iota (i) instead of Miota (mi). I obviously now only have a fraction of my correct balance on Binance and my wallet is empty...anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Ryan Kane - 10 Jan 2018

I downloaded the wallet from Iotas site and successfully sent 500 Iota to it, no problem. I then sent the same Iota back to Binance to trade. The transaction went through, but I sent Iota (i) instead of Miota (mi). I obviously now only have a fraction of my correct balance on Binance and my wallet is empty...anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

@Irish Kid
Hey Ryan, thanks for the post and welcome to the community.

If you generate a few addresses in your wallet, you'll see your correct balance reappear.
Mick Kanye
M
Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)
Winston - 10 Jan 2018
Ryan Kane - 10 Jan 2018

Thanks in advance.

@Irish Kid
Hey Ryan, thanks for the post and welcome to the community.

If you generate a few addresses in your wallet, you'll see your correct balance reappear.

Mick Kanye
M
Thanks for your response Winston. Pardon my not knowing, could you be so kind to talk me through how to do that?

Thanks
Mick Kanye
M
 I have switched to numerous different node configurations and requested numerous tangles. No success? Any other ideas?
?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Mick Kanye - 10 Jan 2018
Thanks for your response Winston. Pardon my not knowing, could you be so kind to talk me through how to do that?

Thanks

@Irish Kid
Sure - in the wallet you'll see "Receive". Click that tab, and then click "Attach to tangle" > click "Address Attached" > click "Generate address" > click "Attach to tangle" > repeat this process to attach a few addresses.
Mick Kanye
M
Thanks for your advice, tried that close to 50 times. No success
Winston
Winston
Mick Kanye - 11 Jan 2018
Thanks for your advice, tried that close to 50 times. No success

@Irish Kid
Can you post the address that holds your balance please? We can take a look at it together in a tangle explorer and figure out what's going on.

EDIT: Here's a comprehensive troubleshooting guide for your situation: https://forum.helloiota.com/7389/My-balance-is-wrong-An-initial-troubleshooting-guide
Edited 10 Months Ago by Winston
Mick Kanye
M
SM9LRSUFAXYFO9DOGHPLEMEUBTRZUVOXDKZPRAZNIPNQYDKNBQPOHYTYGIQLEHMMYS9ULNHNDPTLA9999

Is the Hash

???? GPHKQIMGXLKWZNCDRDCTMFECIIJNLJQWDJWWSUYQFDQMJXGMCQYXGAQ9M9VJRAKNNIQZPIZEGQPOWEMGWEWZHQWSWY

address

thanks

I have read all these forums and tried everything. Any advise would be great!

Thank????????

Winston
Winston
Mick Kanye - 11 Jan 2018
SM9LRSUFAXYFO9DOGHPLEMEUBTRZUVOXDKZPRAZNIPNQYDKNBQPOHYTYGIQLEHMMYS9ULNHNDPTLA9999

Is the Hash

GPHKQIMGXLKWZNCDRDCTMFECIIJNLJQWDJWWSUYQFDQMJXGMCQYXGAQ9M9VJRAKNNIQZPIZEGQPOWEMGWEWZHQWSWY

address

thanks

I have read all these forums and tried everything. Any advise would be great!

Thank

@Irish Kid
https://thetangle.org/address/GPHKQIMGXLKWZNCDRDCTMFECIIJNLJQWDJWWSUYQFDQMJXGMCQYXGAQ9M9VJRAKNNIQZPIZEGQPOWEMGW
Balance: 462 i

If this address (GPHKQ...) isn't being generated by your wallet after generating a bunch of different addresses, then you're in the wrong seed. Try logging into the wallet by manually typing the seed rather than copy/pasting.
Mick Kanye
M
I Typed it in manually and no luck, still 0?
Mick Kanye
M
I9ILFQYSWVKAFIXMR9TVWBINL9GHLKIHRUGLNQWKJECSRTPUJSMZZBESUWRFTEFXFVUUBRZELOBOWYO9DE9RAXZDJC

is the other address at the bottom of the transaction
???
Winston
Winston
Mick Kanye - 11 Jan 2018
I Typed it in manually and no luck, still 0

@Irish Kid
You're going to want to fully troubleshoot your seed at this point. The fact that the address which holds your balance isn't being generated by the seed you're currently using means that you're using a different seed right now than the one you used the first time to generate the address that holds your 492 i.
Mick Kanye
M
How do I go about that?
Winston
Winston
Mick Kanye - 12 Jan 2018
How do I go about that?

@Irish Kid
Try logging in to your wallet by manually typing the seed rather than copy/pasting it. Generate a few addresses and see if you're in a different seed than you were in a minute ago. From there, if that doesn't work, check for any mis-typed characters, or anything else that you notice might be wrong.
Mick Kanye
M
Unfortunately, this still did not work. I typed it in manually 3 times and it sourced the same wallet with all the same transactions including the 491i transaction. I am unable to generate that same address. I hate to say that $1500-$2000 is gone by the wayside, but hopefully this is good FB for the Iota network/system. It needs to be easier to troubleshoot and more user friendly. I am obviously very disappointed. Thanks for attempting to help.????

??

Winston
Winston
@Irish Kid
This is confusing. Can you post the address that holds your $2,000?
Sairai
S
Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)
Mick Kanye - 10 Jan 2018

Thanks in advance.

Bit ot: Got highly confused for a few seconds since your thread named exactly like my thread from a few days ago xD
Thought the forum would have an internal error and messed up the threads, until I found my thread in the list^^
https://forum.helloiota.com/7360/IOTA-vs-MIOTA

However, I wish you all the luck, that you can recover your funds!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search