RE: IOTA wallet version update and major partnerships

Author
j
Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am a newbie
?Do I need to constantly updating my IOTA wallet version and if so how do I correctly update wallet version on my Windows 10 PC so I don't lose any coins?
How many major companies have partnered up with IOTA so far??
Thank you
Howard???
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
jiangh77 - 9 Jan 2018
I am a newbie
Do I need to constantly updating my IOTA wallet version and if so how do I correctly update wallet version on my Windows 10 PC so I don't lose any coins?
How many major companies have partnered up with IOTA so far?
Thank you
Howard

@jiangh77
Hey Howard. Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

IOTA is in such an early stage of beta right now that it's definitely smart to keep up with wallet developments on a weekly or monthly basis. The new Trinity wallet will be coming out soon, so you'll want to migrate over to that when it's released.

As for partnerships, there are a few threads on reddit that keep track of those. Maybe someone else can chime in with some links.
jiangh77
j
Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)
When updating IOTA wallet version, when I uninstall old version and install new version would I lose any tokens?  Should I transfer IOTA tokens to an exchange then after updating transfer them back to the updated wallet?
When Trinity wallet comes out, how does updating process then?
Thank you for your help
Howard???
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
jiangh77 - 9 Jan 2018
When updating IOTA wallet version, when I uninstall old version and install new version would I lose any tokens?  Should I transfer IOTA tokens to an exchange then after updating transfer them back to the updated wallet?
When Trinity wallet comes out, how does updating process then?
Thank you for your help
Howard

@jiangh77
You won't lose any tokens in wallet upgrades. Your balance is stored in an address on the tangle (distributed ledger), and your wallet is only a "window" into that ledger. As long as you save your seed, you can access you address & balance from any device's wallet in the world. Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks for the good question.
jiangh77
j
Thank you I looking forward to the new Trinity wallet to come out

Howard??
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search