IOTA Balance Finder Tool

Author
Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 20 Nov 2017
1machec - 20 Nov 2017
Hi Winston, still no luck. Just to make sure.
'Run the following commands in Terminal or PowerShell:
Is this the Node.js command prompt field?
Its still telling me my seed is not 81 characters
This is the seed I'm entering into the IOTA Light Wallet 2.5.4 - IRI 1.4.1.2
Any ideas?
Thank you
Matthew

@1machec I'm not sure then. If the balance finder tool is being this uncooperative for you, I would recommend just manually generating addresses with the wallet, and then comparing each address to the snapshot.

Note that if you've already generated a bunch of addresses and your balance hasn't come back, that means that you'll just need to do the reclaim process anyway. There's really no point in doing this balance finder tool or even manually checking addresses in the snapshot since you know you'll be reclaiming regardless.

So my best advice is to just complete both phases of the reclaim and then wait for the IOTA Foundation to start processing claims

It just confirmed! Thank you!
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
1machec - 20 Nov 2017
Winston - 20 Nov 2017
1machec - 20 Nov 2017
Any ideas?
Thank you
Matthew

@1machec I'm not sure then. If the balance finder tool is being this uncooperative for you, I would recommend just manually generating addresses with the wallet, and then comparing each address to the snapshot.

Note that if you've already generated a bunch of addresses and your balance hasn't come back, that means that you'll just need to do the reclaim process anyway. There's really no point in doing this balance finder tool or even manually checking addresses in the snapshot since you know you'll be reclaiming regardless.

So my best advice is to just complete both phases of the reclaim and then wait for the IOTA Foundation to start processing claims

Winston, when using the reclaim tool I see this:
"Proof transaction is pending"
Do I keep clicking the REATTACH button until the Yellow ' Proof transaction is pending" turns to confirmed?

Thank you

@1machec Yep. You'll need to continue hitting that reattach button until the pending turns to confirmed
1machec
Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)
Winston - 20 Nov 2017
1machec - 20 Nov 2017
Any ideas?
Thank you
Matthew

Hi Winston, when will IOTA start processing claims? Just curious because its a lot of IOTA. Thank yo
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
1machec - 28 Nov 2017
Winston - 20 Nov 2017
1machec - 20 Nov 2017
Any ideas?
Thank you
Matthew

Hi Winston, when will IOTA start processing claims? Just curious because its a lot of IOTA. Thank yo

@1machec They just posted an announcement that said they're close to processing them. You can follow developments in this thread:
1machec
Thank you!
MrCrown
M
Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (67 reputation)
I have used the balance finder tool but it keeps saying checking for new adress and it wont stop.

The instructions says "Please note that this tool will not work if you did not transition."

What does that mean?
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)
MrCrown - 5 Dec 2017
I have used the balance finder tool but it keeps saying checking for new adress and it wont stop.

The instructions says "Please note that this tool will not work if you did not transition."

What does that mean?

@MrCrown
This tool only search for addresses generated until 23 Oct.
The addresses generated after that won´t be found with this tool.
mm1alf
m
Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)
Winston - 5 Nov 2017
https://github.com/rajivshah3/IOTA-Balance-Finder#how-to-use

Rajiv made this tool to help people find their balances more easily. Simply follow the readme instructions on the github to recover your IOTA.

Am I to understand that I have to download the following programs in order to use this balance finder tool? 1) git-scm.com & 2) nodejs.org??Then start to go down the list of site codes that are below either one of these two programs?
mm1alf
m
Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)
Rajiv Shah - 17 Nov 2017
brownie-21 - 17 Nov 2017
So i worked out i should be typing it into node but i get the following error after putting in my github credentials:

remote: Repository not found.
fatal: repository 'https://github.com/rajivshah3/IOTA-Balance_finder/' not found

Try https://github.com/rajivshah3/IOTA-Balance-Finder/ . It's a dash instead of an underscore

I went to this website and couldn't figure out which way to go with it. It directs you to two other websites. Do you have to download these or work with all the long codes just beneath them of what. It's not as clean cut as it sounds people.?
Winston
Winston
You'd want to download the program and use it. There should be instructions in Rajiv's original post in this thread. Hopefully someone can help you out if you're struggling on a specific step.
johnprime
j
Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)
Is this tool always going to be accurate? For example I have a seed belonging to a wallet back from June. This was before the CURL transition. Wouldn't this mean my seed would previously generate different addresses?
I added logging to this tool and noticed the addresses it generates are the same as the ones my current wallet generates, meaning it's checking addresses using the current hashing technique. For addresses in CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED wouldn't it need to generate addresses using the old hashing technique to see if it's in the list?

Or am I missing something?

Just a noob here who's been out of the loop for 5 months and trying to recover my sweet, sweet IOTA

nashos
n
Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)Attached to Tangle (337 reputation)
Hello!
I use the IOTA balance finder tool and I have this result after multiple interactions....

Got a hit! DDFGIEEFERPJPUDARLIARBYTELVKUQWG9NJLQKOQBRIEC9PFZ9WXMQVWZYESTMWRYRARHB9RTTXYGCXZB has a balance of 0.000001 Mi. The balance is currently in the address.

But in thetangle explorer i have 18300 iotas in the balance.

Which balance is correct? I earned iotas on mineiota.com.... is this an reliable website?

Please can you help me @Winston?

Winston
Winston
johnprime - 8 Dec 2017
Is this tool always going to be accurate? For example I have a seed belonging to a wallet back from June. This was before the CURL transition. Wouldn't this mean my seed would previously generate different addresses?
I added logging to this tool and noticed the addresses it generates are the same as the ones my current wallet generates, meaning it's checking addresses using the current hashing technique. For addresses in CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED wouldn't it need to generate addresses using the old hashing technique to see if it's in the list?

Just a noob here who's been out of the loop for 5 months and trying to recover my sweet, sweet IOTA

@johnprime Rajiv would be able to answer that better than I can. I would recommend just completing the reclaim process though. If you haven't touched the wallet in that long, the Foundation almost certainly holds your balance at this point anyway. Thanks for posting
Winston
Winston
nashos - 8 Dec 2017
Hello!
I use the IOTA balance finder tool and I have this result after multiple interactions....

Got a hit! DDFGIEEFERPJPUDARLIARBYTELVKUQWG9NJLQKOQBRIEC9PFZ9WXMQVWZYESTMWRYRARHB9RTTXYGCXZB has a balance of 0.000001 Mi. The balance is currently in the address.

But in thetangle explorer i have 18300 iotas in the balance.

Which balance is correct? I earned iotas on mineiota.com.... is this an reliable website?

Please can you help me @Winston?

@nashos This Balance Finder Tool is only used for finding your old balance from the previous snapshot. If you've had incoming transactions since the snapshot, then the tangle explorer reflects your correct balance
johnprime
j
Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)
johnprime - 8 Dec 2017

Alright, so apparently it's pretty well documented that this tool only works for already transitioned accounts.
I spent my morning looking into how to find my balances from my pre-transitioned seed and wanted to share with you guys how I did it:

Download this really old address generator:
https://github.com/domschiener/iota-address-generator
Unzip it and open up index.html in your browser.
Enter your seed and click save.
Select Security Level "2" (this is what it was for me).
Starting from key index 0, generate an address. search for the first half (not the whole thing) of this address in snapshot_september.txt and snapshot_october.txt. Note any hits.
Then try key 1, 2, etc, increasing by 1 each time until you feel you've checked all your old addresses.
I used this method just now to find 4 "curl_not_transitioned" addresses.

Hope this helps someone!.

BBN
B
Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)
Hello, 
I'm trying to use Rajiv's tool, but I got this message and v´canot proceed: 
$ npm install
bash: npm: command not found

Can anybidy help me?
Thanks
Rajiv Shah
R
Attached to Tangle (327 reputation)
Group: Moderators
BBN - 9 Dec 2017
Hello, 
I'm trying to use Rajiv's tool, but I got this message and v´canot proceed: 
$ npm install
bash: npm: command not found

Can anybidy help me?
Thanks

It looks NodeJS can't be found. You can close the terminal window, open a new one, run 
cd balance-finder
and then try npm install again. If that doesn't work, NodeJS wasn't installed correctly
Edited 2 Years Ago by Rajiv Shah
BBN
B
Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)Attached to Tangle (205 reputation)
Hello Rajiv, 
this worked out, but the tool keeps showing "searching for new addresses" and nothing else happens...

Best Regards,
BBN

Winston
Winston
@BBN Press the button that stops the search process. I think it's in the readme. 'i' maybe
BBN
B
I did this ... and what can I do next?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search