IOTA Balance Finder Tool

Author
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
https://github.com/rajivshah3/IOTA-Balance-Finder#how-to-use

Rajiv made this tool to help people find their balances more easily. Simply follow the readme instructions on the github to recover your IOTA.
johnprime
j
Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)Attached to Tangle (311 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
nashos - 10 Dec 2017
johnprime - 10 Dec 2017
nashos - 10 Dec 2017
johnprime - 10 Dec 2017
nashos - 10 Dec 2017
@johnprime thanks for your tool!!! but i have the following error on linux:

$ node main.js XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX p
Address Search Type: Pre-Transitioned
Checking your balance...Press i at any time to stop...
Checking for new addresses

./pre-trans-generator/js/iota.js:1
window={};!function a(b,c,d){function e(g,h){if(!c[g]){if(!b[g]){var i="function"==typeof require&&require;if(!h&&i)return i(g,!0);if(f)return f(g,!0);var j=new Error("Cannot find module '"+g+"'");throw j.code="MODULE_NOT_FOUND",j}var k=c[g]={exports:{}};b[g][0].call(k.exports,function(a){var c=b[g][1][a];return e(c?c:a)},k,k.exports,a,b,c,d)}return c[g].exports}for(var f="function"==typeof require&&require,g=0;g<d.length;g++)e(d[g]);return e}({1:[function(a,b,c){window.IOTA=a("./lib/iota.js")},{"./lib/iota.js":10}],2:[function(a,b,c){function m(a,b){this._makeRequest=a,this.sandbox=b}var d=a("./apiCommands"),e=a("../errors/inputErrors"),f=a("../utils/inputValidator"),h=(a("../crypto/curl"),a("../crypto/converter")),i=a("../crypto/signing"),j=a("../crypto/bundle"),k=a("../utils/utils"),l=a("async");m.prototype.sendCommand=function(a,b){return this._makeRequest.send(a,b)},m.prototype.attachToTangle=function(a,b,c,g,h){if(!f.isHash(a))return h(e.invalidTrunkOrBranch(a));if(!
ReferenceError: console is not defined
  at m.getNewAddress (./pre-trans-generator/js/iota.js:1:6172)
  at process.stdin.on.check (/opt/IOTA-Balance-Finder/main.js:124:25)
  at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/IOTA-Balance-Finder/main.js:134:1)
  at Module._compile (module.js:413:34)
  at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:422:10)
  at Module.load (module.js:357:32)
  at Function.Module._load (module.js:314:12)
  at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:447:10)
  at startup (node.js:148:18)
  at node.js:405:3

Any idea to solve this error?

Hmm. Weird that console wouldn't be defined  I'm not at home right now but I will check later.
Did the original tool run for you?

Yes. your tool too when it's run on "normal" mode.

Hi @nashos can you try updating (git pull) or do a new clone and let me know if it works now?

Basically the old script I reference is made for the web and wasn't meant to be imported into a node.js app. Some workarounds were required. Apparently Linux required an additional one.

Thanks,
John

Works fine!!! Thanks.

Cool! Any luck finding any balances?

On a side note it looks like Rajiv has accepted my pull request, so my changes have been merged into his repository. This is good, so people don't have to clone mine anymore.
I will submit a new pull request with the fix for Linux. Thanks for finding this.
Thanks,
John
manie
m
Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)Attached to Tangle (283 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
fe
Florian - 11 Dec 2017
Hey John,

oh man, this was a long time ago. I did the first reclaim process back in July or something. I could see my Balance under the new seed as "pending" but the transaction never got confirmed. After the snapshot the transaction disappeared and with it also my IOTA.

I have exactly the same issue. Couple of GIOTA's somewhere in the air. Can anyone help please or we just need to wait ? It's really sad guys. I cannot imagine such situation done to investors with other well known cryptos. 
As an early investor I cannot sell my iota or anything, just wait and you've said that they did a big favour for US ? Who didn't fixed flaws and breaches in the security in the first place ? How's that even possible ?

Do you even imagine what would happen if ETH foundation done such thing ? Plenty of events etc but such basic thing as SECURED network is not provided for multi billion dollar currency. Love the concept but Foundation needs to work it out asap, otherwise people will really get mad over this.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search