Reclaim tool troubleshooting, 2.4 (Aug 9).0 -> 2.5.6

Author
s
Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I haven't checked my wallet since August when I upgraded from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0. At that point everything was working and the seed was saved. I checked a few times more after that to make sure, but not since then.

Recently I discovered zero balance, tried all the steps. Read everything. Started the reclaim process. The amount was around 800M.

Now I confirmed the address provided to me at the end of the reclaim tool, and the first receive address on the new seed are the same.

My first question is, on the new seed, do I need to "attach" the receive address? I was told on the new seed I should do nothing. 

I never recorded the addresses I used on 2.4.0 -- only the Seed. It was my impression that the addresses generated by this seed would always be the same. But when checking the addresses on an iota explorer, they are all 0 balance. None of these addresses seem to be on the big list of addresses dump that indicates I would need to go through the reclaim status. 

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this further? 

sam_t
s
Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)
I would also like to mention, for security, I never used an online generator. If someone got to my IOTA seed, all the rest of my keys would have been compromised too -- but they haven't been.

It's also very unlikely I reused any addresses. I only had one amount. And I only transferred it once to a new seed on 2.4.0.

Last potentially relevant piece of information is I did not go through any 'Phase 1' of reclaim. I downloaded the newest wallet and started from there.
Edited Last Week by sam_t
sam_t
s
Update: have been using balance finder tool with and without 'p' but it only says "Checking for new addresses" and nothing else. Exiting with 'i' does not have any message
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@sam_t
Thanks for the info, and welcome to the community.

It sounds like you have successfully completed the reclaim process. You can spend hours trying to figure out your old addresses, balances, etc. if you want, but it ultimately doesn't matter since you know the only way to get your balance back is by performing the reclaim anyway.

I don't think you need to get the address confirmed in your new seed. I'd recommend sitting tight for a few weeks. The Foundation seem to be processing reclaims in order of size of the balance - from smallest to largest, and they haven't gotten to your amount yet.

Please post here with updates and/or questions as they arise, but the main takeaway needs to be that there's no urgency required from your end of things right now.
sam_t
s
Thank you very much for the assurance. I will sit tight then. I was under the impression my amount had already been called (300 - 1000M) I thought I saw posted last. Cheers.
sam_t
s
sam_t
s
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)Forum Admin (28,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators

@sam_t
Hey Sam, thanks for the post.

Remember that the snapshot and KYC list don't include the 9 character checksum on the end of your address. So you have to search for only the first half of your addresses in these lists:

QKEJYIGRBJHGXRJHGGHSLOVVAPCJVDWXLPKCWCLMSQWJLEMQQAETXMKHJ9IHUSLZEOMDKZEKAMAYLXPBT; 296920000; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED
KXAFESZCZJWLAN9PATSROKLFJOBQVMBJZHIKUGBPSRDTBKSOVJJKREOUXYAJXICUYEBVPYIZZASHNAMAG; 512367166; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED

Neither of these 2 addresses show up on the list of KYC addresses, so you just need to complete the reclaim process

Edited Last Week by Winston
sam_t
s
Winston - 12 Jan 2018

@sam_t
Hey Sam, thanks for the post.

Remember that the snapshot and KYC list don't include the 9 character checksum on the end of your address. So you have to search for only the first half of your addresses in these lists:

QKEJYIGRBJHGXRJHGGHSLOVVAPCJVDWXLPKCWCLMSQWJLEMQQAETXMKHJ9IHUSLZEOMDKZEKAMAYLXPBT; 296920000; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED
KXAFESZCZJWLAN9PATSROKLFJOBQVMBJZHIKUGBPSRDTBKSOVJJKREOUXYAJXICUYEBVPYIZZASHNAMAG; 512367166; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED

Neither of these 2 addresses show up on the list of KYC addresses, so you just need to complete the reclaim process

@Winston 

Great thank you for the reply. It's great to have the error code. I completed the reclaim process over a week ago. I'll wait a little longer then
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search