Help with unconfirmed transactions and private key error

Author
M
Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

im quite new to iota and me and two friends were sending each other M-Iotas.
Now i sent my friend(A) a wrong amount and asked him to send some of the iotas back to me.

He did so and i got the right amount. Everything looked normal. 

Now i received a new transaction from bitfinex. I had the right amount of Miotas on my wallet.

I wanted to send 120 M-Iotas to another friend(B). It said "Error: Private Key reuse" that got me a bit confused since i always generated and attached a new address before sending or receiving a transaction.
Interestingly i was able to send 3x10 Miotas to said friend(B). He received them all and they were correctly pulled off my Wallet. They were confirmed and everything was okay with them. I wasn't able to send him more Miotas eversince.
My Wallet is always telling me the "Error Private Key reuse".

Since im new to this im pretty sure someone(either me or one of my friends) messed up and we have kind of a loop in our transactions...
My Wallet actually has 103 transactions in the "History" Section. Most of them only being a "0-transaction" and i have exactly 50 Adresses right now. 

Nowhere, where i searched for answers was i able to witness such an high amount of Adresses/transactions.

What did i do wrong and how can i solve the "Private Key Error" ?

Is waiting for a snapshot an opportunity?

Thank you for reading, im happy to read yor answers Smile

Ma

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
MaxR - 6 Jan 2018
Hello,

Now i sent my friend(A) a wrong amount and asked him to send some of the iotas back to me.

Now i received a new transaction from bitfinex. I had the right amount of Miotas on my wallet.

I wanted to send 120 M-Iotas to another friend(B). It said "Error: Private Key reuse" that got me a bit confused since i always generated and attached a new address before sending or receiving a transaction.
Interestingly i was able to send 3x10 Miotas to said friend(B). He received them all and they were correctly pulled off my Wallet. They were confirmed and everything was okay with them. I wasn't able to send him more Miotas eversince.

Since im new to this im pretty sure someone(either me or one of my friends) messed up and we have kind of a loop in our transactions...
My Wallet actually has 103 transactions in the "History" Section. Most of them only being a "0-transaction" and i have exactly 50 Adresses right now. 

Nowhere, where i searched for answers was i able to witness such an high amount of Adresses/transactions.

Ma

@MaxR
Hey Max. Thanks for posting, and welcome to the community.

The private key reuse error occurs when your previous outgoing transaction is still pending. Go ahead and promote/reattach that pending transaction to expedite its confirmation. After you get that previous transaction confirmed, the wallet will then let you send a new outgoing transaction
MaxR
M
Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (72 reputation)
Winston - 6 Jan 2018
MaxR - 6 Jan 2018
Hello,

Ma

@MaxR

The private key reuse error occurs when your previous outgoing transaction is still pending. Go ahead and promote/reattach that pending transaction to expedite its confirmation. After you get that previous transaction confirmed, the wallet will then let you send a new outgoing transaction

Hey Winston, thank you for your reply.
I actually did this before posting here. I used Iotasear.ch to look up every pending transaction. I reattached and promoted all of them, only to see that, as i reattached and promoted, a new "0" transaction was listed in my history. These new transactions got confirmed but i still cant send Iotas.
Its quite hard to keep  track of all the transactions since there are already so many. :aw:
A lot of the "0" transactions were confirmed only to be replaced by new "0" pending transactions.

I honestly dont know what to do anymore since i reattached evere pending transaction and promoted them.

In some cases the bundle info only tells me: "A reattachment confirmed" so i cant do anything about that then?

Thanks in advanc
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
MaxR - 6 Jan 2018
Winston - 6 Jan 2018
MaxR - 6 Jan 2018
Hello,

Ma

@MaxR

Hey Winston, thank you for your reply.
I actually did this before posting here. I used Iotasear.ch to look up every pending transaction. I reattached and promoted all of them, only to see that, as i reattached and promoted, a new "0" transaction was listed in my history. These new transactions got confirmed but i still cant send Iotas.
Its quite hard to keep  track of all the transactions since there are already so many. :aw:
A lot of the "0" transactions were confirmed only to be replaced by new "0" pending transactions.

I honestly dont know what to do anymore since i reattached evere pending transaction and promoted them.

In some cases the bundle info only tells me: "A reattachment confirmed" so i cant do anything about that then?

Thanks in advanc

@MaxR
Very good question. You only need to get the non-zero transaction to confirm. The zero value pending transactions that you see are simply addresses that are being attached to the tangle - don't worry about getting these confirmed.
MaxR
M
Im done with this :joy:

i went through every transaction ever made on my wallet (110 to be precise).
If a reattach was possible i did that and promoted it too. I even went into detail and made an excelsheet about that.

Every transaction apart from one single transaction was confirmed. And this transaction which was/is not confirmed is 5 minutes old.
If you tell me not to care about the "0" iota transactions, then i can give you all the transactions which were not "0" iotas and you can check them. They are all confirmed. And why could i send 3x10miotas to my freind last week, but if i tried to send more it gave me this error. Nothing makes sense with this system. 

And even iotasear.ch is giving up on me. Nah man...i wanted to fix this before i got to bed. But i really dont care for this anymore at this moment. ill see tomorrow if anything changes overnight i will try to send the iotas once again....:eyeroll:

Two more questions:

Could it be that the transactions(both of them with "A reattachement confirmed" made by bitfinex could be the root of all evil?
and
Would a snapshot release me from this pain?
Winston
Winston
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018
Im done with this :joy:

i went through every transaction ever made on my wallet (110 to be precise).
If a reattach was possible i did that and promoted it too. I even went into detail and made an excelsheet about that.

Every transaction apart from one single transaction was confirmed. And this transaction which was/is not confirmed is 5 minutes old.
If you tell me not to care about the "0" iota transactions, then i can give you all the transactions which were not "0" iotas and you can check them. They are all confirmed. And why could i send 3x10miotas to my freind last week, but if i tried to send more it gave me this error. Nothing makes sense with this system. 

And even iotasear.ch is giving up on me. Nah man...i wanted to fix this before i got to bed. But i really dont care for this anymore at this moment. ill see tomorrow if anything changes overnight i will try to send the iotas once again....:eyeroll:

Two more questions:

Could it be that the transactions(both of them with "A reattachement confirmed" made by bitfinex could be the root of all evil?
and
Would a snapshot release me from this pain?

@MaxR
Sorry it has turned into such a hassle for you. This stuff can definitely be frustrating at times.
1) Incoming transactions aren't the problem -- all that matters is a pending outgoing transaction of value >0
2) A snapshot would prevent the pending transaction from ever being confirmed, but I'm not sure how the wallet GUI software would handle that.

This could very well be a wallet bug. If you absolutely can't find a pending outgoing transaction of value >0 in your wallet history, then be sure to report this as an issue on github so that the wallet devs are aware of the situation.
MaxR
M
Okay, then i will check any outgoing transaction again.
Strangely enough, what i thought was normal, there are multiple transactions with the same value, the same recipient address and so on. I can give you said Excelsheet:

Since i cant upload the sheet itself(i know security concerns etc) ill give you a screenshot and below the hashes so you can just cope them, the order is the same:

ZCWEJPEKXWFJJJQFKESR9AEJOCCINKODFLVIJBAVOYGSYRYGFRMFODXAWIRTRWNORZDWDMRCTTPMA9999
FRQCMXUXWEZIJDYWQKEDAGJYDPEEPOYSGRASNGCTLETEGH9IOIGCHDFLB9MUQLPXLAMQNEIHGEHHA9999
NIJFOOZG9LW9HCBNPVDU9YADHRMCONNGUQUPJMQLLPLTT9BP9IMMFO9ZNLGLSAGLKIHSXXEAEYUIZ9999
YXOITPXWQSLJRITQEDCHIADGANAYKTWXKITQEWJJAVQR9MIXSJLIRCGZDMZAQHKNAQRNAJQIXJIM99999
PMOMWN9GACMVOSLHKBOXFAJDIYKNOIZDYUXGROXSBKHNOKXMWORHWZCQQIRPDNTUFOXIRQXLCPKB99999
SZGG9BENRIPNKFDXHVGVKOBJQKKBZJAPOG9TRX99FPXGJPYDBOALCORXJMOVGLGENJKWNRCIIBWJ99999
HLXFPDRUDHFWGO9JPOMGDSGNCIIDDDWTNDLKVJYQFAMPEDNXSZGIE9EJLDRTXNFHKB9PNYHTLNSAZ9999
VFFPANUYWBQOCLOIIGJR9VCGLRHEQEPEHVCDJQPVSOYIJZUQBACFACVKRFMJMU9KCKJX9DDEPRME99999 <- This one got confirmed all others where "A reattachemend confirmed"
MEWBZ9XTYZSTCEZLHYSJDVJLJLONGGZGZZVWLELTSHZEMDWQBHAXJWVGNJSYXICWJZTSMVDWDAFFZ9999

ALL of them had the same Target-Address: CWMROLXXHJVVSVOAODXEBRPLPAKHVZRCH9YXXRVMHIGHHLA9VTDM9PJMVXIAJIVDXQRWMYGOIXIVJZYIWCTELQKLHY

Why did the wallet reattach and rebroadcast the transactions by itself? I only actively reattached it on 16.12.2017 12:04 and on 17.12.2017 20:15.

So if it is a Wallet bug i have a lot of concerns.

Could it be that my private key got revealed when i actually got to send the 3x 10 Miotas last week?
Are my funds still safe?
Can i just generate a new Seed and somehow transfer my funds from my old seed to my new one? (maybe via the reclaim tool)

is this the correct way to get in touch with the developers? -> "https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/issues" and open a new issue there?
Can I link them this post so they can see what we already discussed?

Winston
Winston
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018
Strangely enough, what i thought was normal, there are multiple transactions with the same value, the same recipient address and so on. I can give you said Excelsheet:

Since i cant upload the sheet itself(i know security concerns etc) ill give you a screenshot and below the hashes so you can just cope them, the order is the same:

ZCWEJPEKXWFJJJQFKESR9AEJOCCINKODFLVIJBAVOYGSYRYGFRMFODXAWIRTRWNORZDWDMRCTTPMA9999
FRQCMXUXWEZIJDYWQKEDAGJYDPEEPOYSGRASNGCTLETEGH9IOIGCHDFLB9MUQLPXLAMQNEIHGEHHA9999
NIJFOOZG9LW9HCBNPVDU9YADHRMCONNGUQUPJMQLLPLTT9BP9IMMFO9ZNLGLSAGLKIHSXXEAEYUIZ9999
YXOITPXWQSLJRITQEDCHIADGANAYKTWXKITQEWJJAVQR9MIXSJLIRCGZDMZAQHKNAQRNAJQIXJIM99999
PMOMWN9GACMVOSLHKBOXFAJDIYKNOIZDYUXGROXSBKHNOKXMWORHWZCQQIRPDNTUFOXIRQXLCPKB99999
SZGG9BENRIPNKFDXHVGVKOBJQKKBZJAPOG9TRX99FPXGJPYDBOALCORXJMOVGLGENJKWNRCIIBWJ99999
HLXFPDRUDHFWGO9JPOMGDSGNCIIDDDWTNDLKVJYQFAMPEDNXSZGIE9EJLDRTXNFHKB9PNYHTLNSAZ9999
VFFPANUYWBQOCLOIIGJR9VCGLRHEQEPEHVCDJQPVSOYIJZUQBACFACVKRFMJMU9KCKJX9DDEPRME99999 <- This one got confirmed all others where "A reattachemend confirmed"
MEWBZ9XTYZSTCEZLHYSJDVJLJLONGGZGZZVWLELTSHZEMDWQBHAXJWVGNJSYXICWJZTSMVDWDAFFZ9999

ALL of them had the same Target-Address: CWMROLXXHJVVSVOAODXEBRPLPAKHVZRCH9YXXRVMHIGHHLA9VTDM9PJMVXIAJIVDXQRWMYGOIXIVJZYIWCTELQKLHY

Why did the wallet reattach and rebroadcast the transactions by itself? I only actively reattached it on 16.12.2017 12:04 and on 17.12.2017 20:15.

Could it be that my private key got revealed when i actually got to send the 3x 10 Miotas last week?
Are my funds still safe?
Can i just generate a new Seed and somehow transfer my funds from my old seed to my new one? (maybe via the reclaim tool)

is this the correct way to get in touch with the developers? -> "https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/issues" and open a new issue there?

@MaxR
Thanks for posting these details.

"Strangely enough, what i thought was normal, there are multiple transactions with the same value, the same recipient address and so on."
This is normal. These are reattachments of the same transaction. They do show up as identical transactions in your wallet history, and only one of the copies will ever be confirmed while all the rest remain pending forever.

"Why did the wallet reattach and rebroadcast the transactions by itself? I only actively reattached it on 16.12.2017 12:04 and on 17.12.2017 20:15."
The recipient of the transaction must have reattached it numerous times. Both parties (sender and recipient) can reattach a pending transaction. Did you send this to an exchange?

"Since i cant upload the sheet itself(i know security concerns etc) ill give you a screenshot and below the hashes so you can just cope them, the order is the same"
So is this your address?
https://thetangle.org/address/DYBZOUITXFOBMZGIGCVSHYJCDNATRQSNOCFHFAOBLVAJUKPUVEUCWNVBBG9QVWT9L9YQMCLTMNXIHRRYD
And this is the recipient's address?
Address: CWMROLXXHJVVSVOAODXEBRPLPAKHVZRCH9YXXRVMHIGHHLA9VTDM9PJMVXIAJIVDXQRWMYGOIXIVJZYIWCTELQKLHY

"Could it be that my private key got revealed when i actually got to send the 3x 10 Miotas last week?"
Please post the address from which you're currently trying to send an outgoing transaction. We can take a look at it together in a tangle explorer.

"Are my funds still safe?"
It's still unclear. Need some more information (current address) to determine what's what. Let's get that information before submitting bug reports and generating new seeds.
MaxR
M
Winston - 7 Jan 2018
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018

Are my funds still safe?

@MaxR

"Strangely enough, what i thought was normal, there are multiple transactions with the same value, the same recipient address and so on."
This is normal. These are reattachments of the same transaction. They do show up as identical transactions in your wallet history, and only one of the copies will ever be confirmed while all the rest remain pending forever.

"Why did the wallet reattach and rebroadcast the transactions by itself? I only actively reattached it on 16.12.2017 12:04 and on 17.12.2017 20:15."
The recipient of the transaction must have reattached it numerous times. Both parties (sender and recipient) can reattach a pending transaction. Did you send this to an exchange?

"Since i cant upload the sheet itself(i know security concerns etc) ill give you a screenshot and below the hashes so you can just cope them, the order is the same"
So is this your address?
https://thetangle.org/address/DYBZOUITXFOBMZGIGCVSHYJCDNATRQSNOCFHFAOBLVAJUKPUVEUCWNVBBG9QVWT9L9YQMCLTMNXIHRRYD
Address: CWMROLXXHJVVSVOAODXEBRPLPAKHVZRCH9YXXRVMHIGHHLA9VTDM9PJMVXIAJIVDXQRWMYGOIXIVJZYIWCTELQKLHY

"Could it be that my private key got revealed when i actually got to send the 3x 10 Miotas last week?"
Please post the address from which you're currently trying to send an outgoing transaction. We can take a look at it together in a tangle explorer.

It's still unclear. Need some more information (current address) to determine what's what. Let's get that information before submitting bug reports and generating new seeds.

IM STUPID! And in a sudden moment of clarity i noticed my brutal mistake.
> Be me
> Get into IOTA
> Decide to buy on Bitfinex
> Buy for myself and two friends
> Bitfinex tells me to upgrade security
> Bitfinex suggests Whitlisting certain Addresses
I think you can already guess what i did....
> "Yeah sure, lets whitelist my address, its more secure"
> WFFIWNRPTUGJQMGJPNCECBFR9HOQDILNRHVPFIXHHOIWEE9LFYDJHFXBEG9WGYZKRGFEDWTSRQLGFNVBYCCLFHBVQC is whitelisted.
> Receive funds from Bitfinex to this address.
> Immidiately send a fraction of this to friend A
> Generate New address and send another fraction to friend B
> fast forward 3 weeks
> Lets buy some Iotas again
Remember....bitfinex still whitelisted that address....
> Receive Iotas from Bitfinex....
> Get rekt by Private key reuse error.
> post about it on this forum
> post about it on github
> vent about it with your friends
> think about it in your bed
> moment of clarity happens
> skip the porn
> facepalm
> stand up
> got to pc
> log in bitfinex
> go to withdraws
> see two withdrawals.
> they both lead to the same address
You know which one :point:
> get cold sweat
> open Iota Wallet
> log in
> Go to history
> Addresses
> scroll down
> WFFIWNRPTUGJQMGJPNCECBFR9HOQDILNRHVPFIXHHOIWEE9LFYDJHFXBEG9WGYZKRGFEDWTSRQLGFNVBYCCLFHBVQC
> Head
> Table
> Head
> Table

But to get to your question:

This is/was my address:
https://thetangle.org/address/WFFIWNRPTUGJQMGJPNCECBFR9HOQDILNRHVPFIXHHOIWEE9LFYDJHFXBEG9WGYZKRGFEDWTSRQLGFNVBYCCLFHBVQC

Yes, but there are more addresses i sent iotas to.

But i also generated a lot of new addresses i tried to send miotas from. do you need these to? (I would send them to you via DM if its okay...)

I cant login into my wallet since im not at home, but i can give you these addresses later.

So as of my knowledge base now, i think the reuse error was not a wallet bug. It was my fault since i was not familiar with the way, iota works.

For me the question remains: How could i send 3x10 miotas last week?

And of course....are my funds still safe? Sad

Thank you very much winston for putting up with me.

Edited 5 Months Ago by MaxR
Winston
Winston
MaxR - 9 Jan 2018
Winston - 7 Jan 2018
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018

Are my funds still safe?

@MaxR

So is this your address?

> Be me
> Get into IOTA
> WFFIWNRPTUGJQMGJPNCECBFR9HOQDILNRHVPFIXHHOIWEE9LFYDJHFXBEG9WGYZKRGFEDWTSRQLGFNVBYCCLFHBVQC is whitelisted.
> fast forward 3 weeks
> skip the porn
> facepalm
> stand up
> got to pc
> log in bitfinex
> go to withdraws
> see two withdrawals.
> get cold sweat
> open Iota Wallet
> log in
> Go to history
> Addresses
> scroll down
> WFFIWNRPTUGJQMGJPNCECBFR9HOQDILNRHVPFIXHHOIWEE9LFYDJHFXBEG9WGYZKRGFEDWTSRQLGFNVBYCCLFHBVQC
> Head
> Table
> Head
> Table

This is/was my address:
https://thetangle.org/address/WFFIWNRPTUGJQMGJPNCECBFR9HOQDILNRHVPFIXHHOIWEE9LFYDJHFXBEG9WGYZKRGFEDWTSRQLGFNVBYCCLFHBVQC

But i also generated a lot of new addresses i tried to send miotas from. do you need these to? (I would send them to you via DM if its okay...)

I cant login into my wallet since im not at home, but i can give you these addresses later.

So as of my knowledge base now, i think the reuse error was not a wallet bug. It was my fault since i was not familiar with the way, iota works.

@MaxR
Ah, so it sounds like we're getting somewhere. Unfortunately that "somewhere" is the realization of address reuse. Sad

URGENT
This is your address that has been reused. It contains 210.54 Mi currently, and it HASN'T been stolen yet. We need to prioritize moving this balance to a new address immediately. It will likely be stolen if you let it sit for much longer, so let's take care of that right now. Please report back when you have sent this balance to a new + safe address.
Edited 5 Months Ago by Winston
MaxR
M
Winston - 9 Jan 2018
MaxR - 9 Jan 2018
Winston - 7 Jan 2018
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018

Are my funds still safe?

@MaxR

So is this your address?

> Be me
> Get into IOTA
> fast forward 3 weeks
> skip the porn
> facepalm
> stand up
> got to pc
> log in bitfinex
> go to withdraws
> see two withdrawals.
> get cold sweat
> open Iota Wallet
> log in
> Go to history
> Addresses
> scroll down
> Head
> Table
> Head
> Table

This is/was my address:

@MaxR
Ah, so it sounds like we're getting somewhere. Unfortunately that "somewhere" is the realization of address reuse. Sad

URGENT
This is your address that has been reused. It contains 210.54 Mi currently, and it HASN'T been stolen yet. We need to prioritize moving this balance to a new address immediately. It will likely be stolen if you let it sit for much longer, so let's take care of that right now. Please report back when you have sent this balance to a new + safe address.

Okay, so i think i need to do the following:
1. Generate a new Seed
2. On this seed generate a new Receiving address
3. Send all the Iotas to the newly generated Address
But i think i will get the private key reuse error then am i right?

So wouldn't it be better to take use of the "Reclaim Tool" in the light wallet?

Winston
Winston
MaxR - 10 Jan 2018
Winston - 9 Jan 2018
MaxR - 9 Jan 2018
Winston - 7 Jan 2018
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018

Are my funds still safe?

@MaxR

So is this your address?

> Be me
> Get into IOTA
> fast forward 3 weeks
> skip the porn
> facepalm
> stand up
> got to pc
> log in bitfinex
> go to withdraws
> see two withdrawals.
> get cold sweat
> open Iota Wallet
> log in
> Go to history
> Addresses
> scroll down
> Head
> Table
> Head
> Table

This is/was my address:

@MaxR

URGENT

1. Generate a new Seed

@MaxR 

1. Generate a new seed: https://helloiota.com/generate-seed.html
2. Generate a new receive address on the new seed
3. Send your balance from the reused address to the new receive address that you just created

Try doing it on your current wallet. If you get a private key reuse error, then you'll need to use the CLI wallet to bypass that safeguard (it lets you reuse private keys) and send your balance to the new address. Do not use the reclaim tool - this does nothing for your situation.
CLI Wallet -
https://github.com/MichaelSchwab/iota-commandline-wallet
https://github.com/TimSamshuijzen/iotaproxy

The people on the IOTA slack channel can walk you through the intricacies of using the CLI wallet if you have any trouble. Here's a slack invite link:
https://join.slack.com/t/iotatangle/shared_invite/enQtMjkzNjAxODI4NjI3LTA4ODlkODM4MTQwYWE5ZDJmMDM5N2E3MzA5MDIwNmEzZmEwNmJjM2IwMjlkNTE4YTY5NTQxZWJkYjJjMjNlYmQ
MaxR
M
Winston - 10 Jan 2018
MaxR - 10 Jan 2018
Winston - 9 Jan 2018
MaxR - 9 Jan 2018
Winston - 7 Jan 2018
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018

Are my funds still safe?

@MaxR

So is this your address?

> Be me
> Get into IOTA
> fast forward 3 weeks
> skip the porn
> facepalm
> stand up
> got to pc
> log in bitfinex
> go to withdraws
> see two withdrawals.
> get cold sweat
> open Iota Wallet
> log in
> Go to history
> Addresses
> scroll down
> Head
> Table
> Head
> Table

This is/was my address:

@MaxR

URGENT

1. Generate a new Seed

@MaxR 

3. Send your balance from the reused address to the new receive address that you just created

Try doing it on your current wallet. If you get a private key reuse error, then you'll need to use the CLI wallet to bypass that safeguard (it lets you reuse private keys) and send your balance to the new address. Do not use the reclaim tool - this does nothing for your situation.
CLI Wallet -

The people on the IOTA slack channel can walk you through the intricacies of using the CLI wallet if you have any trouble. Here's a slack invite link:
https://join.slack.com/t/iotatangle/shared_invite/enQtMjkzNjAxODI4NjI3LTA4ODlkODM4MTQwYWE5ZDJmMDM5N2E3MzA5MDIwNmEzZmEwNmJjM2IwMjlkNTE4YTY5NTQxZWJkYjJjMjNlYmQ

Thank you very much Winston.
You helped me a lot.
I did transfer the iota to another wallet using the Command Line Wallet.
I didnt have to use Iota proxy since i connected to a node which was able to process my Attaching request.

Thanks again, this saved my iotas from being stolen. I now have a new wallet and Seed so the old one only holds 1 iota.
And i definitely learned my lesson :joy:

Got into Iota a month ago and have learned more about this concept, than about any other coin on the market right now.
Winston
Winston
MaxR - 11 Jan 2018
Winston - 10 Jan 2018
MaxR - 10 Jan 2018
Winston - 9 Jan 2018
MaxR - 9 Jan 2018
Winston - 7 Jan 2018
MaxR - 7 Jan 2018

Are my funds still safe?

@MaxR

So is this your address?

> Be me
> Get into IOTA
> fast forward 3 weeks
> skip the porn
> facepalm
> stand up
> got to pc
> log in bitfinex
> go to withdraws
> see two withdrawals.
> get cold sweat
> open Iota Wallet
> log in
> Go to history
> Addresses
> scroll down
> Head
> Table
> Head
> Table

This is/was my address:

@MaxR

URGENT

1. Generate a new Seed

@MaxR 

CLI Wallet -

Thank you very much Winston.
You helped me a lot.
I did transfer the iota to another wallet using the Command Line Wallet.
I didnt have to use Iota proxy since i connected to a node which was able to process my Attaching request.

Thanks again, this saved my iotas from being stolen. I now have a new wallet and Seed so the old one only holds 1 iota.
And i definitely learned my lesson :joy:

Got into Iota a month ago and have learned more about this concept, than about any other coin on the market right now.

@MaxR
Great to hear! Thanks for posting with an update on your situation.   :IOTA: 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search