Want to drive full node

Author
iotero
Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi folks.

I'd like to setup my VPS (fixed ip, 4 cores, 4 GB mem, unlimited traffic, unlimited storage) as a full node. But I'm totally stuck. My idea was to set it up with the wallet as full node. I'm ask to add neighbours, but have none, can only be invited to slack, but have nobody to invite me. All invite links I found do not work anymore. Also, when asking for a neighbor, it is often asked, if the node is fully synced. But how can it be - as far as I understand, the sync just starts AFTER getting neighbors? And why is this important?

I must addmit, that I'm totally new to this topic. But I ask myself, why it is made so hard for newcomers like me get such a thing running - it seems, that the main issue IOTA actually has, is missing enough full nodes. So why is finding neighbors made so hard? It seems to be more a organisational question, as a technical one...

Sorry, for asking these questions, but I feel a bit lost actually...

iotero
iotero
Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (68 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ok, now managed to log in to slack via link on http://iota.partners/ :-)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search