Reclaim Process - Multiple Coin from Multiple Address from OLD SEED not received

Reclaim Process - Multiple Coin from Multiple Address from OLD SEED...
Author
g
Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I had 3Gi coins of Iota that has been in quarantine on my old seed.
I have created my new seed and confirmed the reclaim process up to the end.
I have received the coins corresponding to the 1st adresse of my old seed, but don't see the other coins yet.
Please confirm me all the coins from all old address of the old seed will be reattached to my new seed. Any suggestion ?
Ps: The first reclaimed coins have been sent to bitfinex for trading. Please confirm this won't block the full reclaim process

HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)
Group: Administrators
goldenmomz - 3 Jan 2018
Hi,
I had 3Gi coins of Iota that has been in quarantine on my old seed.
I have created my new seed and confirmed the reclaim process up to the end.
I have received the coins corresponding to the 1st adresse of my old seed, but don't see the other coins yet.
Please confirm me all the coins from all old address of the old seed will be reattached to my new seed. Any suggestion ?
Ps: The first reclaimed coins have been sent to bitfinex for trading. Please confirm this won't block the full reclaim process

@goldenmomz Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

It sounds like you have multiple different addresses that needed to be processed in the reclaim. Only one has been processed so far, with others still on their way. But you have already sent an outgoing transaction from the address to which the rest of the reclaims will be sent. This is very bad, and you should have avoided sending an outgoing transaction from that address until all of your funds were returned.

Now your address has been reused, and you should expect malicious actors will be attempting to steal the remainder of your reclaimed balance as soon as it's sent to this address. It might be worth sending an email to the IOTA Foundation and requesting that they cancel your reclaim for the time being, and then have them help you after they're done with everyone else's reclaims next month
goldenmomz
g
Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (29 reputation)
Winston - 3 Jan 2018
goldenmomz - 3 Jan 2018
Hi, Thank you for your help.
Can you please confirm me where i should contact iota for that problem. Is the reclaim cancel necessary to prevent from malicious actors ?
Thank you in Advance

@goldenmomz Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

It sounds like you have multiple different addresses that needed to be processed in the reclaim. Only one has been processed so far, with others still on their way. But you have already sent an outgoing transaction from the address to which the rest of the reclaims will be sent. This is very bad, and you should have avoided sending an outgoing transaction from that address until all of your funds were returned.

Now your address has been reused, and you should expect malicious actors will be attempting to steal the remainder of your reclaimed balance as soon as it's sent to this address. It might be worth sending an email to the IOTA Foundation and requesting that they cancel your reclaim for the time being, and then have them help you after they're done with everyone else's reclaims next month

Edited Last Week by goldenmomz
goldenmomz
g
Can you please confirm me where i should contact iota for that problem. Is the reclaim cancel necessary to prevent from malicious actors ?
Thank you in Advance
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)Forum Admin (29,0K reputation)
goldenmomz - 3 Jan 2018
Thank you in Advance

@goldenmomz
I would suspect that the email address published in this blog post would be appropriate:
https://blog.iota.org/claims-and-reclaims-finalization-e692844c505a

contact@iota.org

Edited Last Week by Winston
goldenmomz
g
Hi Winston.

Thank you for your help.
I tried to contact contact@iota.org and contact@iotatoken.com and haven't received any answer as of now.

Could you help me, by any means, to be in contact with a person from the iota team in order to secure my coins.
I understand that the reclaims are being processed and that I might have to wait for few more weeks. I don't want to rush iota team anyway in order to get my iota, but i would like to make sure that they are secure and that I can get them again any time soon.

Could you help me to be in contact with someone that could clarify the situation and secure it ?

Thank you in Advance,
Winston
Winston
goldenmomz - 11 Jan 2018
Hi Winston.

Thank you for your help.
I tried to contact contact@iota.org and contact@iotatoken.com and haven't received any answer as of now.

Could you help me, by any means, to be in contact with a person from the iota team in order to secure my coins.
I understand that the reclaims are being processed and that I might have to wait for few more weeks. I don't want to rush iota team anyway in order to get my iota, but i would like to make sure that they are secure and that I can get them again any time soon.

Could you help me to be in contact with someone that could clarify the situation and secure it ?

Thank you in Advance,

@goldenmomz
I know it's frustrating, but they aren't responding to emails yet. Be looking for a response within the next few weeks hopefully
goldenmomz
g
Thank you @Winston.
I will wait for that. Are you a team member ? May i get back to you in some weeks if nothing happened ?
Winston
Winston
goldenmomz - 15 Jan 2018
Thank you @Winston.
I will wait for that. Are you a team member ? May i get back to you in some weeks if nothing happened ?

@goldenmomz
I'm just some random person who spends all of my free time here helping out. Please do contact me (tag me or DM me) anytime, yes
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search