Reclaim Process - Multiple Coin from Multiple Address from OLD SEED not received

Reclaim Process - Multiple Coin from Multiple Address from OLD SEED...
Author
g
Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I had 3Gi coins of Iota that has been in quarantine on my old seed.
I have created my new seed and confirmed the reclaim process up to the end.
I have received the coins corresponding to the 1st adresse of my old seed, but don't see the other coins yet.
Please confirm me all the coins from all old address of the old seed will be reattached to my new seed. Any suggestion ?
Ps: The first reclaimed coins have been sent to bitfinex for trading. Please confirm this won't block the full reclaim process

HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
goldenmomz - 3 Jan 2018
Hi,
I had 3Gi coins of Iota that has been in quarantine on my old seed.
I have created my new seed and confirmed the reclaim process up to the end.
I have received the coins corresponding to the 1st adresse of my old seed, but don't see the other coins yet.
Please confirm me all the coins from all old address of the old seed will be reattached to my new seed. Any suggestion ?
Ps: The first reclaimed coins have been sent to bitfinex for trading. Please confirm this won't block the full reclaim process

@goldenmomz Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

It sounds like you have multiple different addresses that needed to be processed in the reclaim. Only one has been processed so far, with others still on their way. But you have already sent an outgoing transaction from the address to which the rest of the reclaims will be sent. This is very bad, and you should have avoided sending an outgoing transaction from that address until all of your funds were returned.

Now your address has been reused, and you should expect malicious actors will be attempting to steal the remainder of your reclaimed balance as soon as it's sent to this address. It might be worth sending an email to the IOTA Foundation and requesting that they cancel your reclaim for the time being, and then have them help you after they're done with everyone else's reclaims next month
goldenmomz
g
Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (54 reputation)
Winston - 3 Jan 2018
goldenmomz - 3 Jan 2018
Hi, Thank you for your help.
Can you please confirm me where i should contact iota for that problem. Is the reclaim cancel necessary to prevent from malicious actors ?
Thank you in Advance

@goldenmomz Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

It sounds like you have multiple different addresses that needed to be processed in the reclaim. Only one has been processed so far, with others still on their way. But you have already sent an outgoing transaction from the address to which the rest of the reclaims will be sent. This is very bad, and you should have avoided sending an outgoing transaction from that address until all of your funds were returned.

Now your address has been reused, and you should expect malicious actors will be attempting to steal the remainder of your reclaimed balance as soon as it's sent to this address. It might be worth sending an email to the IOTA Foundation and requesting that they cancel your reclaim for the time being, and then have them help you after they're done with everyone else's reclaims next month

Edited 8 Months Ago by goldenmomz
goldenmomz
g
Can you please confirm me where i should contact iota for that problem. Is the reclaim cancel necessary to prevent from malicious actors ?
Thank you in Advance
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
goldenmomz - 3 Jan 2018
Thank you in Advance

@goldenmomz
I would suspect that the email address published in this blog post would be appropriate:
https://blog.iota.org/claims-and-reclaims-finalization-e692844c505a

contact@iota.org

Edited 8 Months Ago by Winston
goldenmomz
g
Hi Winston.

Thank you for your help.
I tried to contact contact@iota.org and contact@iotatoken.com and haven't received any answer as of now.

Could you help me, by any means, to be in contact with a person from the iota team in order to secure my coins.
I understand that the reclaims are being processed and that I might have to wait for few more weeks. I don't want to rush iota team anyway in order to get my iota, but i would like to make sure that they are secure and that I can get them again any time soon.

Could you help me to be in contact with someone that could clarify the situation and secure it ?

Thank you in Advance,
Winston
Winston
goldenmomz - 11 Jan 2018
Hi Winston.

Thank you for your help.
I tried to contact contact@iota.org and contact@iotatoken.com and haven't received any answer as of now.

Could you help me, by any means, to be in contact with a person from the iota team in order to secure my coins.
I understand that the reclaims are being processed and that I might have to wait for few more weeks. I don't want to rush iota team anyway in order to get my iota, but i would like to make sure that they are secure and that I can get them again any time soon.

Could you help me to be in contact with someone that could clarify the situation and secure it ?

Thank you in Advance,

@goldenmomz
I know it's frustrating, but they aren't responding to emails yet. Be looking for a response within the next few weeks hopefully
goldenmomz
g
Thank you @Winston.
I will wait for that. Are you a team member ? May i get back to you in some weeks if nothing happened ?
Winston
Winston
goldenmomz - 15 Jan 2018
Thank you @Winston.
I will wait for that. Are you a team member ? May i get back to you in some weeks if nothing happened ?

@goldenmomz
I'm just some random person who spends all of my free time here helping out. Please do contact me (tag me or DM me) anytime, yes
goldenmomz
g
Hi @Winston,
I havn't receive any news from iota team since our last conversation. Do you know if my case is concerned with the current KYC process or my problem has to be checked with a iota team member separately ? I am having the biggest difficulty in getting clear answers to find a solution to get my iotas back. Any good advice or specific person to contact nowadays ?
Thank you in advance for your help

Winston
Winston
goldenmomz - 30 Apr 2018
Hi @Winston,
I havn't receive any news from iota team since our last conversation. Do you know if my case is concerned with the current KYC process or my problem has to be checked with a iota team member separately ? I am having the biggest difficulty in getting clear answers to find a solution to get my iotas back. Any good advice or specific person to contact nowadays ?
Thank you in advance for your help

@goldenmomz 
Thanks for checking in again. Could you post your old addresses (that were included in the snapshot) along with your new address (to which you received only a part of what was supposed to be reclaimed)? Let's take a look and see what's up.
goldenmomz
g
Hi @Winston.
Here are the details:
Old seed: 
[[Edited out by moderator]]

Adress where funds are reclaim seems to be
UDRHTZUQYMJOBLGROHCXBCIYNSJTUUFZD9ZKUBJJDPBLFNUPRDEYUFVNPNHBCTHLQVWLLQUIIIIDHSMTYSMJ9ILIO9

Thank you very much for your help....

Edited 4 Months Ago by Winston
Winston
Winston
goldenmomz - 2 May 2018
Hi @Winston.
Here are the details:
Old seed: 
[[Edited out by moderator]]

Adress where funds are reclaim seems to be
UDRHTZUQYMJOBLGROHCXBCIYNSJTUUFZD9ZKUBJJDPBLFNUPRDEYUFVNPNHBCTHLQVWLLQUIIIIDHSMTYSMJ9ILIO9

Thank you very much for your help....

@goldenmomz 
Make sure to post your old addresses. You accidentally posted your old seed, which I edited out so that nobody else can potentially reclaim your lingering funds.

goldenmomz
g
Oh, sorry for that mistake.
Thank you for your correction. Here are the old adresses :
N° 1 : BBGYKCOGXJVOCP9PONLVYQZBDPOLEMIQHPLMXICRJSTMLYSARVUCMGZQAE9VBMDFAGGZYTUIYVOQSIHIXTDSNFZWXW
N °2 : RSRDWBRIZD9FVRFJESSYLSTQYXQVLEEMMBFQOBJOQHPQSFJAMRNYJVDTTVOIHWCUOT9RHNVKFPJCCLUVHUWQKISGIT

They both seems to be included in the snapshot based on https://iotasear.ch/address/ , but i am not sure that I am concerned by the KYC compliant and don't know what is my next step to get them back.

Thank you very much....
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (8.7K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi @goldenmomz,
Winston seems to be quite busy these days, so I thought I might stop by and tell you what I think…

Both your old addresses are eligible for the balance to be reclaimed, so you’re definitely on the right track!
Since you’ve already received a small part of your balance from the Foundation, we can be sure that you have completed the reclaim process correctly. Besides those two addresses you’ve posted, there must have been a third „old“ address from your pre-transitioned seed which held those 5 Miota that got returned on January 2nd.
So far so good.

Now, my guess would be that the remaining funds from your other „old“ addresses couldn’t be sent to your reclaim address anymore after you’ve sent those 5 Miota away on January 5th. If the Foundation sent more funds to that same address afterwards, you’d have to reuse your private key to send these funds somewhere else which is very risky. Therefore your reclaim address should never be used again.

So, the Foundation can’t send your reclaims to your reclaim-address. But they only have this one address and they just don’t know where else to send your balance now. In order to provide the Foundation with a new address, you’d have to run the reclaim tool again with a different new seed. That would definitely put you into KYC.

However, at this point we can’t be sure if you need to do KYC or not. It would make sense to me, but we just don’t know.
An official update on the KYC process is expected very soon. Maybe this will include the disclosure of an updated KYC list and clear up your situation.

I don’t have a quick fix for you right now, but here’s what I suggest you to do:
Wait for the KYC update. If there’s a new KYC list, see if your addresses are included. If that is so, go through KYC as you’ll be instructed to.
If your addresses aren’t listed, send another e-mail to contact@iota.org to ask how to proceed.
I think they are much more responsive now that Ralf Rottmann took responsibility for the reclaims.

I’m sorry to see you stuck like this! But on the upside, your funds are still safe with the Foundation.
They’ll resolve that situation with you eventually.

All the best

Alexa

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
goldenmomz
g
Alexa - 6 May 2018
Hi @goldenmomz,
Winston seems to be quite busy these days, so I thought I might stop by and tell you what I think…

Both your old addresses are eligible for the balance to be reclaimed, so you’re definitely on the right track!
Since you’ve already received a small part of your balance from the Foundation, we can be sure that you have completed the reclaim process correctly. Besides those two addresses you’ve posted, there must have been a third „old“ address from your pre-transitioned seed which held those 5 Miota that got returned on January 2nd.
So far so good.

Now, my guess would be that the remaining funds from your other „old“ addresses couldn’t be sent to your reclaim address anymore after you’ve sent those 5 Miota away on January 5th. If the Foundation sent more funds to that same address afterwards, you’d have to reuse your private key to send these funds somewhere else which is very risky. Therefore your reclaim address should never be used again.

So, the Foundation can’t send your reclaims to your reclaim-address. But they only have this one address and they just don’t know where else to send your balance now. In order to provide the Foundation with a new address, you’d have to run the reclaim tool again with a different new seed. That would definitely put you into KYC.

However, at this point we can’t be sure if you need to do KYC or not. It would make sense to me, but we just don’t know.
An official update on the KYC process is expected very soon. Maybe this will include the disclosure of an updated KYC list and clear up your situation.

I don’t have a quick fix for you right now, but here’s what I suggest you to do:
Wait for the KYC update. If there’s a new KYC list, see if your addresses are included. If that is so, go through KYC as you’ll be instructed to.
If your addresses aren’t listed, send another e-mail to contact@iota.org to ask how to proceed.
I think they are much more responsive now that Ralf Rottmann took responsibility for the reclaims.

I’m sorry to see you stuck like this! But on the upside, your funds are still safe with the Foundation.

All the best

Alexa

Hi @CryptoHamster,

Thank you for your precise response.
Everything is very clear to me now.
I will wait for the KYC update and check if my addresses are still in their list.
I am happy to hear that my Iotas are still safe up to your knowledge and hopefully I will get them back soon.
I'll let you know of my case if the KYC Update resolves it.

Thank you again for your help,
All the best to you too....
Alexa
Alexa
goldenmomz - 6 May 2018
Alexa - 6 May 2018
Hi @goldenmomz,

So far so good.

All the best

Alexa

Hi @CryptoHamster,

Thank you for your precise response.
Everything is very clear to me now.
I will wait for the KYC update and check if my addresses are still in their list.
I am happy to hear that my Iotas are still safe up to your knowledge and hopefully I will get them back soon.
I'll let you know of my case if the KYC Update resolves it.

Thank you again for your help,
All the best to you too....

Yes, please keep us updated! This way you'll be helping us help others, who might have the same issue as you.
I too have learned all I know so far just from seeing how exactly things got resolved for users who had some kind of problem. Smile 

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
goldenmomz
g
Hi @CryptoHamster,

I have check the KYC Update.
- My Adresses are not on the KYC Reclaim list while they are still in the Snapchot https://iotasear.ch/address
- I have done the KYC process anyway and I am still waiting for the results
- I have send again an email to reclaims@iota.org to explain the situation and hope to receive an answer soon.

It seems that at some point, the tokens that are not fully reclaimed will be forfeited for a matter of law (see attached file Beginning of page 6, end of paragraph).
I hope to have a solution from the IOTA team before that point.

Does anyone on the forum have direct link with the reclaim team at IOTA foundation we could clarify that kind of case ?

Alexa
Alexa
goldenmomz - 10 May 2018
Hi @CryptoHamster,

I have check the KYC Update.
- My Adresses are not on the KYC Reclaim list while they are still in the Snapchot https://iotasear.ch/address
- I have done the KYC process anyway and I am still waiting for the results
- I have send again an email to reclaims@iota.org to explain the situation and hope to receive an answer soon.

It seems that at some point, the tokens that are not fully reclaimed will be forfeited for a matter of law (see attached file Beginning of page 6, end of paragraph).
I hope to have a solution from the IOTA team before that point.

Does anyone on the forum have direct link with the reclaim team at IOTA foundation we could clarify that kind of case ?

Hey @goldenmomz,

thanks for the update on your situation! 
If your addresses are not in the KYC list, then doing KYC will probably be useless.
But sending the e-mail sure was the right thing to do!
Don't worry too much about about losing your coins. 
The blogpost doesn't specify after how much time they will be deemed to have been legally forfeited.
I'm sure that this will not happen in the very near future and also not without any further announcement.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search