For when the Iota recovery wallet retained by the foundation.

Author
F.Guerrero
Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good Morning:

Can someone tell me when the Iota wallet will be available to finish the second phase of Iota recovery that is in the hands of the foundation ???

My Iotas are retained by the foundation.

Thank you.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@F.Guerrero The second phase of the recovery process will be available within the next few weeks according to the Foundation
TJMZX
T
Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)
@Winston Thanks.

Should we keep our eyes on github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases ?

I guess it may not be essential to the overall goals at this stage, and may be stating the obvious, but it'd be helpful if the wallet had an update check built in.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
TJMZX - 1 Nov 2017
@Winston Thanks.Should we keep our eyes on github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases ?I guess it may not be essential to the overall goals at this stage, and may be stating the obvious, but it'd be helpful if the wallet had an update check built in.

@TJMZX Yep, you can keep an eye on the github, the #announcements channel in slack, and the General forum here. Also, @iotatoken on twitter will post updates as they become available.
ZackRobinson
Z
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum, but I am exhausted and cannot figure this out myself.  If anyone can help me, I will be very generous and appreciative.  At the current price (Jan 2nd 2018) I have lost over $10,000 of iota.

I have searched addresses in the snapshot and cannot find anything.  

I bought my iotas at the end of June, and sent them to the light wallet in 3 transactions:  

2322881        Jun 30
30-06-17 00:46:53    Completed    2,202.14000000 IOTA (Mi)
Exchange Wallet    
Address    
QQIEOTNG9LLGCCQRZKYP9FNMVVPKYKUIMQOBJLNNMSZBKDBQEIGTOPNMXZXBFTVGARZUX9ULVDTCCJDFFQCJXGJCPK
Explore
TXID    
NGYQQBWMRTALDQMLOTFDMUSZWROGOJCT9EXTEQWRRCNHIBGYUEXQGIKKSVWADCRJ9OFCIFRUWZNX99999
Explore
2263154        Jun 23
23-06-17 13:26:27    Completed    649.00000000 IOTA (Mi)
Exchange Wallet    
Address    
RASBKGQCDSCR9S9YJDYAXFVVLGFXVDVEYTCXN9MOULLUHL9YFFV9OREHLAUEQMGSAODITABBORWRMEWTLNZZRFSFFE
Explore
TXID    
JZBEJPWECKDFJTXQAUTDSYAULXKVOYT9LMXCXDLDIWCTQZIDSPZZXFZJQEPABDKFOBOPHVVJZIPG99999
Explore
2262823        Jun 23
23-06-17 12:35:38    Completed    5.00000000 IOTA (Mi)
Exchange Wallet    
Address    
RASBKGQCDSCR9S9YJDYAXFVVLGFXVDVEYTCXN9MOULLUHL9YFFV9OREHLAUEQMGSAODITABBORWRMEWTLNZZRFSFFE
Explore
TXID    
ZVNDLSTTYDYSAXTAYJOHPBJD9ZURCHATBENONZJVOGXSTPCQGUDLOZIYNZIAJARXWSATYYMGKEID99999
Explore

From here I generated a second seed for the iota light wallet and send half (1.4 gi) to it, for my girlfriend to have. 

Now I cannot find my iotas in either seed after 100+ reattach and also searching addresses in the snapshot list. 

Please, if you can, explain what I need to do or just let me know if all of my money was wasted somehow. 

Thank you.

DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
ZackRobinson - 3 Jan 2018
Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum, but I am exhausted and cannot figure this out myself.  If anyone can help me, I will be very generous and appreciative.  At the current price (Jan 2nd 2018) I have lost over $10,000 of iota.

I have searched addresses in the snapshot and cannot find anything.  

I bought my iotas at the end of June, and sent them to the light wallet in 3 transactions:  

2322881        Jun 30
30-06-17 00:46:53    Completed    2,202.14000000 IOTA (Mi)
Exchange Wallet    
Address    
QQIEOTNG9LLGCCQRZKYP9FNMVVPKYKUIMQOBJLNNMSZBKDBQEIGTOPNMXZXBFTVGARZUX9ULVDTCCJDFFQCJXGJCPK
Explore
TXID    
NGYQQBWMRTALDQMLOTFDMUSZWROGOJCT9EXTEQWRRCNHIBGYUEXQGIKKSVWADCRJ9OFCIFRUWZNX99999
Explore
2263154        Jun 23
23-06-17 13:26:27    Completed    649.00000000 IOTA (Mi)
Exchange Wallet    
Address    
Explore
TXID    
JZBEJPWECKDFJTXQAUTDSYAULXKVOYT9LMXCXDLDIWCTQZIDSPZZXFZJQEPABDKFOBOPHVVJZIPG99999
Explore
2262823        Jun 23
23-06-17 12:35:38    Completed    5.00000000 IOTA (Mi)
Exchange Wallet    
Address    
Explore
TXID    
ZVNDLSTTYDYSAXTAYJOHPBJD9ZURCHATBENONZJVOGXSTPCQGUDLOZIYNZIAJARXWSATYYMGKEID99999
Explore

From here I generated a second seed for the iota light wallet and send half (1.4 gi) to it, for my girlfriend to have. 

Now I cannot find my iotas in either seed after 100+ reattach and also searching addresses in the snapshot list. 

Please, if you can, explain what I need to do or just let me know if all of my money was wasted somehow. 

Thank you.

Hi @ZackRobinson,

It looks like when you split your IOTAs with your girlfriend, you sent half to this address: https://thetangle.org/address/VDFPWMZTLFLFEBXIMUNYZBDUYGWJHRYNFH9LPDIXSUALUVKT9OF9FVTSYOKJBFFOTQUCDNMUKUUXOUBUO and half to this address: https://thetangle.org/address/FKGEYRIYOVKK9WBQZCURVBXIFMSBEGIDTKZNHEQYKWX9XNHL9XRDVJXNXYJRRCBPEN9LZLSLIVGU9JBIJ

Neither of them have a balance (don't panic!!) because they are both included in the funds secured by the IOTA foundation to prevent them from being able to be stolen. YAY! You have your funds!

You can see the list of addresses here: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt where you will find both of these:
VDFPWMZTLFLFEBXIMUNYZBDUYGWJHRYNFH9LPDIXSUALUVKT9OF9FVTSYOKJBFFOTQUCDNMUKUUXOUBUO; 1400000000; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED
FKGEYRIYOVKK9WBQZCURVBXIFMSBEGIDTKZNHEQYKWX9XNHL9XRDVJXNXYJRRCBPEN9LZLSLIVGU9JBIJ; 1456140000; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED

Now, you'll need to do the reclaim process. Download the current wallet (2.5.6) from github and use the Reclaim tool. You'll need to generate a new seed, which will be used to generate a new address for the foundation to return the funds to you. Take a look at this post to understand it a bit more: https://forum.helloiota.com/588/Help-My-IOTA-balance-is-zero-steps-to-help-you-find-your-balance-v254

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

ZackRobinson
Z
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
Holy jesus I hope this works.  And thank you so much.  

If you could just tell me now how the heck I create a new seed, I'll get my iotas back and send some over to their new home...
Winston
Winston

If you could just tell me now how the heck I create a new seed, I'll get my iotas back and send some over to their new home...

@ZackRobinson
Tutorial describing how to generate a seed: https://helloiota.com/generate-seed.html
DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)

Sure thing, @ZackRobinson -- head over to https://kb.helloiota.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50005.aspx to read about what is safe and what is not safe for creating a new seed. Make sure to never use an online seed generator. Once you have your new seed, make sure you log in and out a couple of times, double checking the 3-letter checksum that displays in the seed box to make sure it's the same each time. Make sure the receive address shows up the same each time as well. Make sure you do it by hand as well and not just copy/paste. This might be overkill, but when you're talking about a lot of money, I think it's prudent to be absolutely sure you don't give them the wrong address to send your funds to. Make sure to have a backup copy of your new seed someplace safe as well. Hang on to your old seeds as well (but don't use them for anything) just in case you need them. Then, after the reclaim process, just be patient. It's taken them several months to get this far, and they've only just recently started sending funds back, so it may be a while yet before the come to you.

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

ZackRobinson
Z
Thank you so much; when I get them back, I wont forget you.
ZackRobinson
Z
@DysfunctionalBoss, I did the reclaim process for the first of my 2 seeds.  I got "proof of transaction confirmed" and "submitted seed", but then a red error message came up saying "error receiving seed" or something to that effect.  I did receive a tx hash:RKQWWDHPRUBHPBO9YLCYIBQWNFOETVWWZBYEBNSYSMCFUVHOCHHMOVPMPKYPQPIIMJTPR9KFSTGJA9999 

Is there any way I can check the tx hash to see if it worked?
DysfunctionalBoss
D
@DysfunctionalBoss, I did the reclaim process for the first of my 2 seeds.  I got "proof of transaction confirmed" and "submitted seed", but then a red error message came up saying "error receiving seed" or something to that effect.  I did receive a tx hash:RKQWWDHPRUBHPBO9YLCYIBQWNFOETVWWZBYEBNSYSMCFUVHOCHHMOVPMPKYPQPIIMJTPR9KFSTGJA9999 

Is there any way I can check the tx hash to see if it worked?

@ZackRobinson Absolutely, you can see it confirmed over here: https://thetangle.org/transaction/RKQWWDHPRUBHPBO9YLCYIBQWNFOETVWWZBYEBNSYSMCFUVHOCHHMOVPMPKYPQPIIMJTPR9KFSTGJA9999

---
Feeling extra generous?

ZackRobinson
Z
Thank you - for everything
ZackRobinson
Z
Hello - I just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget how you helped me and will be sending you some MIOTAs when I get mine back.

It's been a couple of months and I still don't see them in my wallet - is this normal?
ZackRobinson
Z
Hello @DysfunctionalBoss - I just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget how you helped me and will be sending you some MIOTAs when I get mine back.

It's been a couple of months and I still don't see them in my wallet - is this normal?
Winston
Winston
ZackRobinson - 19 Mar 2018
Hello @DysfunctionalBoss - I just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget how you helped me and will be sending you some MIOTAs when I get mine back.

@ZackRobinson 
That's very kind of you to return, Zack. I haven't seen DysfunctionalBoss around lately, so hopefully that ping will get him to swing by and answer your question. 

ZackRobinson
Z
Winston - 20 Mar 2018
ZackRobinson - 19 Mar 2018

@ZackRobinson 
That's very kind of you to return, Zack. I haven't seen DysfunctionalBoss around lately, so hopefully that ping will get him to swing by and answer your question. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search