Seed recovery tool (for typo's)

Author
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
drsessum - 19 Feb 2018
fvantom - 7 Jan 2018
suld - 7 Jan 2018
How this tool work ? Do i have to have knowledge of understanding programming? or i need simple step by step guide with video?

I've contacted you via PM. Maybe I can help.

Hello,
I bought IOTA in two purchases.  The first was the largest.  I move it to my wallet from Binance.  I saw the transfer in then the IOTA was (-).  The next amount I moved the next day to a different address and it is in my balance.  I've generated several addresses but still  can't recover the first transaction.  There is a pink arrow next to a negative amount of the full transaction.

@drsessum 
Thanks for the post. That red arrow transaction (BPZDQ...) is an outgoing transaction. If you weren't the one who sent that transaction, and it was sent to an address that isn't generated by your seed, then unfortunately those funds have been stolen.

drsessum
d
Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 19 Feb 2018
drsessum - 19 Feb 2018
fvantom - 7 Jan 2018
suld - 7 Jan 2018
How this tool work ? Do i have to have knowledge of understanding programming? or i need simple step by step guide with video?

I've contacted you via PM. Maybe I can help.

Hello,
I bought IOTA in two purchases.  The first was the largest.  I move it to my wallet from Binance.  I saw the transfer in then the IOTA was (-).  The next amount I moved the next day to a different address and it is in my balance.  I've generated several addresses but still  can't recover the first transaction.  There is a pink arrow next to a negative amount of the full transaction.

@drsessum 
Thanks for the post. That red arrow transaction (BPZDQ...) is an outgoing transaction. If you weren't the one who sent that transaction, and it was sent to an address that isn't generated by your seed, then unfortunately those funds have been stolen.

Thanks for the reply.  After I changed seeds and moved my remaining IOTAs I realized that.  I created a post hopefully to warn other newbs.
MTS1620
M
Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)
I'd like to thank fvantom for his help. We've not had any luck so far but he's been patient and good support.
fvantom
f
Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)
MTS1620 - 27 Feb 2018
I'd like to thank fvantom for his help. We've not had any luck so far but he's been patient and good support.

No problem Smile
needhelp
n
Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)
Could you tell me:
On one of my adresses I have secured funds.
And I have seed will probably one character accidentaly missing
Will this tool could be helpfull?
Or is there a way to check if an address with secured balance comes from given seed?

fvantom
f
Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)
needhelp - 9 Apr 2018
Could you tell me:
On one of my adresses I have secured funds.
And I have seed will probably one character accidentaly missing
Will this tool could be helpfull?
Or is there a way to check if an address with secured balance comes from given seed?

My tool might be able to help yes. Let me know if you need help
needhelp
n
Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (10 reputation)
I need, may I talk to you on discord?

Edited Last Year by needhelp
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
needhelp - 9 Apr 2018

@needhelp 
Yep, try to contact @fvantom on discord. Post back here if unsuccessful, and maybe someone else can chime in and help.

fvantom
f
needhelp - 9 Apr 2018

My name on discord is FVANtom#5412
Henry
H
Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (23 reputation)
Hi, 

I'm unable to download the seed recovery tool. I've tried downloading it on both my macbook and pc. Any suggestions
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search