Check the code at https://github.com/FVANtom/find-typo-in-iota-seed/releases
I have written a tool to help a user on Reddit who accidentally made a typo in his seed while logging in into the wallet.
He then transferred iota to the address he generated and logged out of his wallet.
Because he accidentally made a typo when logging in, he lost access to his funds.
This program checks the most common typing mistakes and tries to find the real seed (typo-seed) of the address the funds were transferred to.
- Generating seeds with one missing character readded
- Generating seeds with one character missing
- Generating seeds with character typed double
- Generating seeds with letters that look like each other replaced
- Generating seeds with block of 2 character retyped
- Generating seeds with 2 neighbouring characters switched
- Generating seeds with 1 character mistyped
At the time this post was made I was already able to help 5 people recover their funds with my tool.
Also see reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7lqyzd/tool_to_help_you_recover_lost_funds_in_specific/
If you have recovered your funds using this tool, please think of my children and make a donation ;-)
My iota address: ELDM9DAWZVHNIQQROREDKPUJRZKMZCRKROSGQXROZCYSQJKKTRNHNEBKNRSAJXOUZBGKUFWTNTN9VKTBWYJFDAQNOD