Why IOTA doesn't have a built-in m2m protocol and embedded client?

Why IOTA doesn't have a built-in m2m protocol and embedded client?
Author
b
Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

When it comes to mainstream adoption, there are two questions I always think about for IOTA.

1. Why does IOTA only provide a way to send transactions (with messages) instead of providing a standard m2m protocol that is designed for the IOTA Tangle from day 1?
2. Why is there no reference implementation of an embedded IOTA client?

My questions may have deviated from IOTA's primary goals, but simply talking about m2m economy, I always believe that for it to be realized in the mainstream world its fundamental issues must be solved first. Part of my job writing protocol receivers for varied IoT device manufacturers and in the past, I used to write HW device drivers and 2 things I had always encountered that posed and still posing as a problem are security and interoperability in these devices which are usually built in the protocol. It is a pain and time-consuming to write your own (or derive) protocol, ensure its security (both in firmware/software) and still make sure it can still talk to other parties. 

Can someone provide some insights or opinions about these questions? Even if IOTA can be used as a transmission protocol, is it geared only for payments-like transactions? Because apparently there is no machine protocol at the time of this writing.

Edited 3 Years Ago by beastduck
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search