iota recovering issue

Author
v
Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 29 Dec 2017
vinc - 29 Dec 2017
also i read again this : https://forum.helloiota.com/PrintTopic105.aspx
on this link we can see :
"people who did not transition yet, the IOTA foundation has taken the precaution to remove those old-style addresses from the snapshot and has taken custody of them. They will shortly come up with a method for people who did not transition yet to access these funds. So if your previous wallet was from before version 2.4.0 you may fall into that category. I will explain the way to check for that further down."

So i think i found my situation because. at begenning i was on iota wallet version 2.4.0 and i was not able to perform the transition. So according to this link,iota fundaton took funds.
it's strange because  APX... address is AVAILABLE.
What do you think ?
Many thanks for you help.
Vinc

@vinc The IOTA Foundation does not have your funds. You're in the wrong seed if you've generated 150 addresses without finding your balance. Try logging into the wallet by manually typing the seed

@Winston i log in the wallet by manually typing my seed and i find the same wallet with same history and same balance.
vinc
v
Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)
@Winston I log in my wallet by manually typing the seed and i find the same wallet with same balance ( only 3 Mi recovering since the beginning after generating 158 addresses.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@vinc This means that you're still in the wrong seed. The address in which your balance resides belongs to a different seed than the one you're logging into. You need to troubleshoot this and figure out where the problem is. A bunch of people mis-type the seed upon first login or mis-copy/paste (forget to copy the last character or first character). Try different variations of your seed to figure out which one produces the address in question.
vinc
v
Winston - 29 Dec 2017
@vinc This means that you're still in the wrong seed. The address in which your balance resides belongs to a different seed than the one you're logging into. You need to troubleshoot this and figure out where the problem is. A bunch of people mis-type the seed upon first login or mis-copy/paste (forget to copy the last character or first character). Try different variations of your seed to figure out which one produces the address in question.

( happy new year..)
Ok Well copy, i did it and still the same, i'm in the same seed when i copy/paste or when i write manually.
What can i do to recover it ?
Many thanks
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
vinc - 2 Jan 2018
Winston - 29 Dec 2017

( happy new year..)
Ok Well copy, i did it and still the same, i'm in the same seed when i copy/paste or when i write manually.
Many thanks

@vinc This is bad news, unfortunately. You likely had a typo or some other error when initially logging into the wallet, so you'll have to figure out where that mistake occurred in order to log into that seed again. Can you try different variations of the seed in an attempt to find a potential typo?

As a last resort, you could consider using this tool:
Seed recovery tool - https://forum.helloiota.com/7000/Seed-recovery-tool-for-typos
vinc
v
Winston - 2 Jan 2018
vinc - 2 Jan 2018
Winston - 29 Dec 2017

( happy new year..)
Many thanks

@vinc This is bad news, unfortunately. You likely had a typo or some other error when initially logging into the wallet, so you'll have to figure out where that mistake occurred in order to log into that seed again. Can you try different variations of the seed in an attempt to find a potential typo?

Seed recovery tool - https://forum.helloiota.com/7000/Seed-recovery-tool-for-typos
@Winston i try different variation, manually or copy paste, also i chaque number of letter, but i log in every time on the same seed, for me there is no mistake about the seed, i don't know what i can do.
Winston
Winston
vinc - 4 Jan 2018
Winston - 2 Jan 2018
vinc - 2 Jan 2018
Winston - 29 Dec 2017

( happy new year..)
Many thanks

@Winston i try different variation, manually or copy paste, also i chaque number of letter, but i log in every time on the same seed, for me there is no mistake about the seed, i don't know what i can do.

@vinc
Unfortunately it's impossible to gain access to your balance unless you can find a seed that generates the addresses in which your balance is held. If the seed doesn't generate the address that holds your balance, then you're a different seed than the one you initially used to generate that address.

You can try following all of the steps laid out in this thread: https://forum.helloiota.com/7389/My-balance-is-wrong-An-initial-troubleshooting-guide
fvantom
f
Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)Attached to Tangle (925 reputation)
@vinc It could be that you made a typo in your seed during login when generating the address you have send the funds to.
I have written a tool that has successfully helped 6 people to recover their funds.

It's open source. Maybe it'll help you too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7lqyzd/tool_to_help_you_recover_lost_funds_in_specific/

let me know if you require assistance with it.
Edited Last Year by fvantom
vinc
v
fvantom - 5 Jan 2018
@vinc It could be that you made a typo in your seed during login when generating the address you have send the funds to.
I have written a tool that has successfully helped 6 people to recover their funds.

It's open source. Maybe it'll help you too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7lqyzd/tool_to_help_you_recover_lost_funds_in_specific/

let me know if you require assistance with it.

Thanks, sorry for delay but i tried different solutions and still the same.. i nee your assitance for your procedure, can you assist me ?
Many thanks
vinc
v
Hello again,
i tried logging into wallet manually typing seed, using the new version, my balance is zero and i generating addresses because APX...address is not generated.
What do you think ?
Many thanks
vinc
v
TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX
i inform you thatThese address from where iotas were sending has been generated to my last version wallet., without any iota. I continue to generate address to try to get APX... address ( address where iotas were sent to).
I inform you also that i recover 3 Mi from another address, but nothing else...
What do you think about it ?
vinc
v
My funds of 4,6 Gi are here :
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

( by searching in the list address : APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9)
status always "available", but my wallet doesn't generate this address, so not possible to recover it.
Any other idea ? i'm little bit lost...
vinc
v
just to add something : i've never send 4,6Gi from address TPF...   to address  APX...   that's means funds have been stolen ?
Winston
Winston
vinc - 9 Mar 2018
just to add something : i've never send 4,6Gi from address TPF...   to address  APX...   that's means funds have been stolen ?

@vinc 
Thanks for all of the posts. If your funds were sent in an outgoing transaction that you didn't make, and they ended up in an address that your seed doesn't generate, then unfortunately those funds are now gone.

If you suspect that you were previously able to generate the APX... address, but are just having trouble doing it now, then it's certainly a seed typo issue. But if there's an outgoing transaction that you didn't make, then the situation is much more dire.

vinc
v
Hello,
I was out of my country for few months, i've just came back home.
I will try to resume my recovery procedure. Thanks for your support.
For the moment i have download the latest wallet version 2.5.7 and try to log in...

Vinc
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search