iota recovering issue

Author
v
posted 2 Years Ago
HELP
HOT
Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I use the latest wallet version 2.5.6 and i have only 3 Mi credited on my account after generated more than 120 addresses.
Can you help me to recover all my iotas ?
Many thanks for your answer.
Vincent
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
I use the latest wallet version 2.5.6 and i have only 3 Mi credited on my account after generated more than 120 addresses.
Vincent

@vinc Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community. It'll be tough for anyone to provide help without many more details. Addresses, transaction hashes, and full history/context are all necessary for anyone to help out.
vinc
v
Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)Attached to Tangle (249 reputation)
i tried to understand my history transaction. See below the link :
https://iotasear.ch/address/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX
(this is my address already generated in my wallet but zero iota credited.
On this link you can see 4.6 Gi sent out to address APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
this address is not yet generated in my wallet history after 100 addresses generated. So what do you think ?
For me there is 2 solutions :
- one guy stolle my iotas and APXZS.... is his iota address where my iotas were gone.
- or i have not yet generated this address in my wallet that's why iota from this address are not yet credited.

Also i checked this address   APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
I see in the address list that the status of this address is available. What does it means ?
in fact what i have to do to recover my iota ?
Many thanks for your help.
Vincent
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
https://iotasear.ch/address/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX
On this link you can see 4.6 Gi sent out to address APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
this address is not yet generated in my wallet history after 100 addresses generated. So what do you think ?
- one guy stolle my iotas and APXZS.... is his iota address where my iotas were gone.
- or i have not yet generated this address in my wallet that's why iota from this address are not yet credited.

Also i checked this address   APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
I see in the address list that the status of this address is available. What does it means ?
Vincent

@vinc You didn't send the outgoing transaction to the APXZS... address, correct? If you weren't the one who sent that transaction, and your seed doesn't grant you access to that address, unfortunately your funds were stolen.
vinc
v
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

@vinc You didn't send the outgoing transaction to the APXZS... address, correct? If you weren't the one who sent that transaction, and your seed doesn't grant you access to that address, unfortunately your funds were stolen.

vinc
v
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

For me This is just almost impossible the fund was stolen, my seed is securely stored, i created it from my head. I didn't send fund to this address and for the moment this address is not generated in my wallet. This fund desappear when it was on wallet version 2.4.0 during transition phase. It was impossible for me to perform this transition. So i have only one seed. Every body told me to install the latest version and try to generate addresses, i recover 3 Mi and that's all. The guy from support told me that my transaction address status is «re use» and he doesn't understand why. 
Strange situation. I will try to generate more address. What do you think ?
Winston
Winston
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

For me This is just almost impossible the fund was stolen, my seed is securely stored, i created it from my head. I didn't send fund to this address and for the moment this address is not generated in my wallet. This fund desappear when it was on wallet version 2.4.0 during transition phase. It was impossible for me to perform this transition. So i have only one seed. Every body told me to install the latest version and try to generate addresses, i recover 3 Mi and that's all. The guy from support told me that my transaction address status is «re use» and he doesn't understand why. 

@vinc Well there's no use in generating more addresses if you know for sure that you didn't send that outgoing 4.6 Gi transaction. If there's any question that you might have actually sent it, by all means look for the other seed that you saved. The tangle explorer doesn't show address reuse, but it could just be because the explorer doesn't have databases that go back that far.
vinc
v
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

@vinc Well there's no use in generating more addresses if you know for sure that you didn't send that outgoing 4.6 Gi transaction. If there's any question that you might have actually sent it, by all means look for the other seed that you saved. The tangle explorer doesn't show address reuse, but it could just be because the explorer doesn't have databases that go back that far.

Ok, so i've never send this fund to.this,address and i have only one seed securely stored. But input address is in reuse status so it's very stange. In this,case what i have to do
Winston
Winston
vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

Ok, so i've never send this fund to.this,address and i have only one seed securely stored. But input address is in reuse status so it's very stange. In this,case what i have to do

@vinc It looks like these funds are gone, so I'm not sure there's anything you can do.
mm1alf
m
Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
Vincent

I thought the latest wallet was 2.5.5. Am I incorrect ??
Winston
Winston
mm1alf - 24 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
Vincent

I thought the latest wallet was 2.5.5. Am I incorrect ?

@mm1alf v2.5.6 is the newest version
vinc
v
Is there a procedure against iota foundation to do to reclaim my iota? I know some people who lost their bitcoins got sucess refunding their btc from foundation. 
I dont't speak about claim tool because it needs 2 seeds and i have only one from version 2.4.0.
What can you suggest me ? Can you give me a personal contact to join as a iota foundation member ? Many thanks for your help.
mm1alf
m
Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)Attached to Tangle (979 reputation)
Winston - 24 Dec 2017
mm1alf - 24 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Hello,
Vincent

I thought the latest wallet was 2.5.5. Am I incorrect ?

@mm1alf v2.5.6 is the newest version

Thank you. It seems two new wallets came fast and right behind each other. Is there a reason for this?
CHRISTIANA
C
Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)
Maybe my thread can help you not to feel that you are the only one with the same problem ... they say "they were stolen" but we have the certainty that it was not like that. I continued looking for my miotas and I arrived at possible solutions, maybe they help you ... but unfortunately I still do not recover but they are in my wallet. We should do something together, make a group and all of us that have the same problem claim.

https://forum.helloiota.com/5115/Help-so-URGENT-please-I-trust-IOTA-but-Im-scared
vinc
v
CHRISTIANA - 26 Dec 2017
Maybe my thread can help you not to feel that you are the only one with the same problem ... they say "they were stolen" but we have the certainty that it was not like that. I continued looking for my miotas and I arrived at possible solutions, maybe they help you ... but unfortunately I still do not recover but they are in my wallet. We should do something together, make a group and all of us that have the same problem claim.

https://forum.helloiota.com/5115/Help-so-URGENT-please-I-trust-IOTA-but-Im-scared

Yes christiana i agree with you, i think wecan keep contact and for sure we have to join a foundation mermber to solve our problem manually
vinc
v
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

@vinc It looks like these funds are gone, so I'm not sure there's anything you can do.

Hello again @Winston,
Just to clarify my situation :
TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX is my adress from where funds has been sent. This address is already generated in my wallet with zero iota credited.
4,6 Gi has been sent to this address below : APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
This address is from iota foundation According to wallet address listing below : https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt
There was a snapshot on 22.09.2017 and my funds were transfer the same date.
So i think funds fall in iota foundation. That's correct ? if it is, i think i have to perform the reclaim trough reclaim tool.
What do you think ?
Vinc
Winston
Winston
vinc - 28 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

Hello again @Winston,
TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX is my adress from where funds has been sent. This address is already generated in my wallet with zero iota credited.
4,6 Gi has been sent to this address below : APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9RW9OGEJJC
This address is from iota foundation According to wallet address listing below : https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt
So i think funds fall in iota foundation. That's correct ? if it is, i think i have to perform the reclaim trough reclaim tool.
What do you think ?
Vinc

@vinc
https://iotasear.ch/hash/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX

The 4.6 Gi was sent from the above address (TPFBIF...) to the below address (APXZS...) about 3 months ago.

https://iotasear.ch/address/APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9

APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9; 4600000000; AVAILABLE

The APXZS... address is currently available. This means that the IOTA Foundation doesn't hold your balance, you do not need to reclaim, and you simply need to generate addresses in your seed for the balance to appear and become available to you. Thanks for checking in.
vinc
v
Winston - 28 Dec 2017
vinc - 28 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 23 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017
Winston - 22 Dec 2017
vinc - 22 Dec 2017

Vincent

Hello again @Winston,
What do you think ?
Vinc

@vinc
https://iotasear.ch/hash/TPFBIFBHYGWO9RBMFPJACOMFXIZPTNZKOUKCITGADQSOPSMHEQITHQSGESUMGXFDXPPJFKZTIHKVHVOSCNDKZHPEEX

The 4.6 Gi was sent from the above address (TPFBIF...) to the below address (APXZS...) about 3 months ago.

https://iotasear.ch/address/APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9

APXZSITHQTXUPUMCBSVSMLXDDFUUXESXJZBCQAAADTMPQJSMSKGNIHHYPYFIGKU9ANUVIVOCNYUVFCPV9; 4600000000; AVAILABLE

The APXZS... address is currently available. This means that the IOTA Foundation doesn't hold your balance, you do not need to reclaim, and you simply need to generate addresses in your seed for the balance to appear and become available to you. Thanks for checking in.

ok but i have already generated more than 150 addresses without recovering the 4.6 Gi. The APXZS... address has not been generated.
vinc
v
also i read again this : https://forum.helloiota.com/PrintTopic105.aspx
on this link we can see :
"people who did not transition yet, the IOTA foundation has taken the precaution to remove those old-style addresses from the snapshot and has taken custody of them. They will shortly come up with a method for people who did not transition yet to access these funds. So if your previous wallet was from before version 2.4.0 you may fall into that category. I will explain the way to check for that further down."

So i think i found my situation because. at begenning i was on iota wallet version 2.4.0 and i was not able to perform the transition. So according to this link,iota fundaton took funds.
it's strange because  APX... address is AVAILABLE.
What do you think ?
Many thanks for you help.
Vinc
Winston
Winston
vinc - 29 Dec 2017
also i read again this : https://forum.helloiota.com/PrintTopic105.aspx
on this link we can see :
"people who did not transition yet, the IOTA foundation has taken the precaution to remove those old-style addresses from the snapshot and has taken custody of them. They will shortly come up with a method for people who did not transition yet to access these funds. So if your previous wallet was from before version 2.4.0 you may fall into that category. I will explain the way to check for that further down."

So i think i found my situation because. at begenning i was on iota wallet version 2.4.0 and i was not able to perform the transition. So according to this link,iota fundaton took funds.
it's strange because  APX... address is AVAILABLE.
What do you think ?
Many thanks for you help.
Vinc

@vinc The IOTA Foundation does not have your funds. You're in the wrong seed if you've generated 150 addresses without finding your balance. Try logging into the wallet by manually typing the seed
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search