How to get less notifications?

Author
S
Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am subscribed to one busy thread and I get an email for every reply.  This morning I found I had 29 emails in my inbox.

Is there a way to set it so that a particular post/thread only sends one notification PER DAY instead of one per post?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Scott_WWS - 22 Dec 2017
I am subscribed to one busy thread and I get an email for every reply.  This morning I found I had 29 emails in my inbox.

Is there a way to set it so that a particular post/thread only sends one notification PER DAY instead of one per post?

@Scott_WWS I'm looking through the settings, but I don't see anything that would let me modulate the email notifications on such a granular level. 
Scott_WWS
S
Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
Scott_WWS - 22 Dec 2017

@Scott_WWS I'm looking through the settings, but I don't see anything that would let me modulate the email notifications on such a granular level. 

modulate?  on a granular level?  Winston, you need to get out more LOL

OK - how about we suggest it as a site improvement? - when people get a dozen emails a day from the same post, it isn't helpful it is annoying.

thanks!
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Scott_WWS - 27 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
Scott_WWS - 22 Dec 2017

OK - how about we suggest it as a site improvement? - when people get a dozen emails a day from the same post, it isn't helpful it is annoying.

thanks!

@Scott_WWS
"OK - how about we suggest it as a site improvement? - when people get a dozen emails a day from the same post, it isn't helpful it is annoying"

I very much agree, so this is a great suggestion. We're in touch with the company that designed this software, so we'll see what can be done. I get those emails for every thread I post in, so I definitely know what you're talking about here. Ha.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I'll keep this thread updated as information becomes available with regard to this situation.
Scott_WWS
S
Winston - 27 Dec 2017
Scott_WWS - 27 Dec 2017
Winston - 23 Dec 2017
Scott_WWS - 22 Dec 2017

thanks!

@Scott_WWS
"OK - how about we suggest it as a site improvement? - when people get a dozen emails a day from the same post, it isn't helpful it is annoying"

I very much agree, so this is a great suggestion. We're in touch with the company that designed this software, so we'll see what can be done. I get those emails for every thread I post in, so I definitely know what you're talking about here. Ha.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I'll keep this thread updated as information becomes available with regard to this situation.

Really need to fix this.  It is a serious bug.

Also, I unsubscribe, come and make a comment and I'm re-subscribed again?

Checking the tool bars and not finding an easy way to NOT be subscribed every time I make a comment.

Unwanted email = spam.

=This forum is spamming me.
Winston
Winston
Agreed, and this will be worked on. Hopefully we'll have a solution within the month. My inbox is absolutely torn to shreds from this as well, so I want to resolve this issue as well.
Winston
Winston
@Scott_WWS
The default has now been switched to NOT being subscribed to threads that you post in. It's now opt-in. My inbox is celebrating already. Thanks for the suggestion.
Crypt0Pro
Crypt0Pro
Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)
Just wanted to add that there is a button to switch off - "Notify me of replies to this post", but then I saw that the thread is old and the solution was found already. 
Crypt0Pro
Crypt0Pro
Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (84 reputation)
Winston - 15 Jan 2018
@Scott_WWS
The default has now been switched to NOT being subscribed to threads that you post in. It's now opt-in. My inbox is celebrating already. Thanks for the suggestion.

I wanted to add a new suggestion. What about a button "Go Up" when you reach the bottom of the page? It will be much easier just to press this button, than scroll upwards several times. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search