Looking for neighbours NL

Author
N
Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I am looking for neighbors, am based in Amsterdam
Natteverf
N
Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (199 reputation)
Pretty please....I have a full node, it is on 24/7, it is dynamic IP but it only ever changes if the cable modem is off for any reason, i would really like to do my bit.

Lars
Lars
Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)
What is your hardware specs and speed on your internet connection? 

- iota.n3c.no - full node running 24/7
- If anyone in Norway have ideas/meetups , let me know =)

Natteverf
N
Unfortunately not good enough, I am going to have to shut down as I am having issues.
Thanks for asking though.

Lars
Lars
Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)Attached to Tangle (680 reputation)
What kind of issues? Crashing?

Natteverf
N
Memory leaks (I love Java), inability to log on to the node and the fact that i am never quite making it to fully synced.
I have ordered some more RAM, but until that time.......

Lars
Lars
Oh so you have the same problems as my, Im running a VPS at a good datacenter but I get the leaks, 
It crashes once a day..  global overhead or something..   tried to adjust settings in memory ...

screen java -Xmx3g -Xms256m -jar iri-1.4.1.4.jar -c iri.ini -p 14265

still, crashes.. not sure what to do next.  Wondering if Ill try out some java9 beta ?

Natteverf
N
Lars - 23 Dec 2017
Oh so you have the same problems as my, Im running a VPS at a good datacenter but I get the leaks, 
It crashes once a day..  global overhead or something..   tried to adjust settings in memory ...

screen java -Xmx3g -Xms256m -jar iri-1.4.1.4.jar -c iri.ini -p 14265

still, crashes.. not sure what to do next.  Wondering if Ill try out some java9 beta ?

Well it's good to know it isn't just me at least!
I am using the bluedigits/iota-node docker container on CentOS 7, but it is not a really big machine, i thought it maybe that my hardware wasn't up to it maaybe, now i am starting to doubt it. I will try again when i get the new memory, at the moment it is paging far more than i like, i will see if it will run without paging with the extra RAM.

Lars
Lars
How much ram are you using? 

My VPS is a 4gb with burst.. so It should be fine..

Im afraid its Java / memory leak problems .. that f... up and not hardware.

Think ill ask my vps provider to check if they can givem e temp 8gb ram

Natteverf
N
Lars - 23 Dec 2017
How much ram are you using? 

My VPS is a 4gb with burst.. so It should be fine..

Im afraid its Java / memory leak problems .. that f... up and not hardware.

Think ill ask my vps provider to check if they can givem e temp 8gb ram

Also 4Gb, but when that gets used up it starts paging which is noisy and slower, i saw just over 1Gb of paged memory usage, but it creeps up to that rather than starting up like that.
Lars
Lars
okay weird, Ill try upgrading to 8gb and some better specs for a month to see.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search