Help! My IOTA balance is zero! (steps to help you find your balance v2.5.7)

Help! My IOTA balance is zero! (steps to help you find your balance...
Author
M
Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi again, I am trying to use recovery tool as instructed before.
Still getting an error, after having 'proof transaction confirmed' and pressing 'submit seed', I am getting:
'recovery_old_seed_has_balance'
But the balance is still 0.
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Marcin - 11 Jul 2018
Still getting an error, after having 'proof transaction confirmed' and pressing 'submit seed', I am getting:

Hey @Marcin,
maybe we should make sure first that you actually have to use the reclaim tool...
When have you last seen the funds in your wallet?
Do you know which address(es) your funds should be at? If you don’t know that address, you can find it by looking at the “withdrawal-history” of your exchange-account (e.g. Bitfinex or Binance or wherever you bought them).
Please post these addresses here, so we can have a look at them and check if you have to reclaim or not. Please DON'T post your seed!

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
pranilb
p
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Winston - 11 Jul 2018
pranilb - 11 Jul 2018
Alexa - 14 May 2018
Iotagetasamich - 14 May 2018
Winston - 10 May 2018
Iotagetasamich - 10 May 2018
My 39 IOTA have disappeared.  I'm hesitant to buy more if I can't recover them. I've tried everything listed on forums to recover but to no avail. Here is the transaction, at least we know it exists. 
QPWGSXQXGKPOQOEEATVODOX9WYVBNSJK9YGVINKGYGYCJYNNLWKRXW9KJYHTEXBCYEHVNWRSLWYZZ9999
I've tried switching nodes 10 or 15 times, 37+ receive addresses, recovery tool, etc. Was doing webgl 2, now using ccurl.  Is there something I missed?  Do I keep trying new receive addresses? Any help would be much appreciated. 
Thanks!

@Iotagetasamich 
Thanks for the post, and welcome to the forum.

And thank you for posting your transaction hash. This lets everyone cut to the chase:

Your address from which the transaction was sent (3 months ago):
https://thetangle.org/address/AAQUYT9BYTCSUYOFZWNKSTGAI9KMSILONAVLEHZ9V9EXYPLYUAVZGXMGLKQZHGCWN9ZRRJPMGENQBKUMA

Your address to which the transaction was sent (3 months ago):
https://thetangle.org/address/YIUTCZDGYSYVAKYEHAKZMTEBTOQTJGVXSSEYTNISWXD9MNCOT9DRWTLRKXXF9YKGBPY9XYDTTZHFXVHS9

After this 39 Mi transaction confirmed into the YIUTCZ... address on January 30th, an outgoing transaction of 1.33 Gi was made from this YIUTCZ... address on February 3rd, as seen here:
https://thetangle.org/transaction/MXVNIPYOUYFNNKKJSFBGWXXNHSYZVRGCTAMDOCXXVOQKSCOWECPOLAOBHOTDNYCJWUBPTAIEAXDKA9999

It looks like a 10 Gi portion of that transaction now sits in this address:
https://thetangle.org/address/CASXNOV9LBLMERWLL9MFJB9AFE9ROXH9CDKHNSJ9PZPTVQYIZQQDVWXQKAFRHBAIYNYYHHQVNRWIXPJYW

----------------
Did you make the outgoing transaction of 1.33 Gi on February 3rd from the YIUTCZ... address?

Thank you for the response!  And wow, how did you find those other transactions?  I only did the one deposit from Binance into my iota wallet on my laptop. Does this mean it was stolen?  Also, there was only 39 Mi in the account to begin with, how would anyone withdraw a larger amount than was in the account? Needless to say it shows zero currently.  

Hi @Iotagetasamich,
I'll take the liberty to reply to you instead of Winston. I hope you don't mind ;-).

Winston found the addresses by looking up the transaction you've posted on the tangle explorer. From there we can track where the funds came from and also where they went. You can just click on the links in Winston's reply to see what we see...

Winson's wording was probably was a bit off regarding the 10 Gi part. What we see is that your 39 Mi have been sent to an address that accumulated your and other funds up to a balance of 1.33 Gi. Those got transferred again to another address, which accumulated even more funds and is now holding 10 Gi in total. It's not a portion of your funds, but your funds are a portion of those 10 Gi.

And unfortunately this does look very much like the seedgenerator thefts we've seen so many times since January 19th and which were definitely still going on on January 30th. You can read more about it here: 
https://medium.com/iota-demystified/what-happened-last-night-on-iota-b6157ade1e03

Can you remember how you've created your seed?

I'm sorry that you've lost your funds, it's always sad to see this.

Alexa

Hi Alexa,
I can't recall how I generated my seed, however, the dates in the medium article match multiple suspicious withdrawals from my deposit address below, as I only performed ONE deposit of 489.5 Mi from Binance on January 6 2018, with a "Reattachment confirmed" (assume this is my wallet attaching to check balance). However, from the 19th to 20th January, there were 5 withdrawals of 489.5 Mi where only one was successful, these were NOT initiated by me.
https://thetangle.org/address/CFFOSBLXXMVIEIGVVJ9TGFLFGVQFZFFRB9ZBDUTMDNVUSYSDVVZUXGRRKQ9NMMDVHDENNPTECOMAFPBKB
Would greatly appreciate if you could confirm I was a victim of scammers, as I suspect this not a candidate for the reclaim tool. 

Thanks in advance,
Pranil

@pranilb
Thanks for the follow up post. This is confirmation that your situation is not a candidate for the reclaim tool since the balance no longer resides in any addresses which your seed controls.

You sent an incoming transaction of 489 Mi to the CFFOSB... address on January 6, but did not send the outgoing transaction of 489 Mi on January 19. This is indicative of theft.

Sorry to see this.

thanks for the quick reply Winston!
Marcin
M
Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)
Alexa - 11 Jul 2018
Marcin - 11 Jul 2018

Hey @Marcin,
maybe we should make sure first that you actually have to use the reclaim tool...
Do you know which address(es) your funds should be at? If you don’t know that address, you can find it by looking at the “withdrawal-history” of your exchange-account (e.g. Bitfinex or Binance or wherever you bought them).
Please post these addresses here, so we can have a look at them and check if you have to reclaim or not. Please DON'T post your seed!

https://thetangle.org/transaction/HYWSLENUSVZ9OKYSTFCSKVXHTETDIDTEAIDXQPZ9JMWINXTVOPTNGAUNQLMXSLSCJLOZHUZDMOQSZ9999

So I guess it's all there.
Alexa
Alexa
Marcin - 12 Jul 2018
Alexa - 11 Jul 2018
Marcin - 11 Jul 2018

Hey @Marcin,

https://thetangle.org/transaction/HYWSLENUSVZ9OKYSTFCSKVXHTETDIDTEAIDXQPZ9JMWINXTVOPTNGAUNQLMXSLSCJLOZHUZDMOQSZ9999

@Marcin
Yeah, if that's your only address, then this is clearly not a reclaim case. All you need to do is this:

It might be a little difficult right now to find a good node though.
But you could try this one:
Go to Tools -> Edit Node Configuration -> Select "Custom" and paste in this node: https://node03.iri.host:14267
Click SAVE and then log in with your "old" seed. Then go to the receive section and generate and attach addresses until the one with your balance pops up. The address you're looking for is this one: 
YDO9XLQNSHMBIRGDDGASQIATLZHOEYZJQERXOXCXF9KRTKWLVOM9DMSCJFXNLHIVGOJGOOYALMZLLOELYZZQJJ9IKA

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Edited Last Year by Alexa
Marcin
M
Alexa - 12 Jul 2018
Marcin - 12 Jul 2018
Alexa - 11 Jul 2018
Marcin - 11 Jul 2018

Hey @Marcin,

@Marcin
Yeah, if that's your only address, then this is clearly not a reclaim case. All you need to do is this:

Go to Tools -> Edit Node Configuration -> Select "Custom" and paste in this node: https://node03.iri.host:14267
Click SAVE and then log in with your "old" seed. Then go to the receive section and generate and attach addresses until the one with your balance pops up. The address you're looking for is this one: 
YDO9XLQNSHMBIRGDDGASQIATLZHOEYZJQERXOXCXF9KRTKWLVOM9DMSCJFXNLHIVGOJGOOYALMZLLOELYZZQJJ9IKA

I was trying that before I turned to 'reclaim tool', did not work before, and right now all I am getting is 'Invalid response'.
Alexa
Alexa
Marcin - 12 Jul 2018
Alexa - 12 Jul 2018
Marcin - 12 Jul 2018
Alexa - 11 Jul 2018
Marcin - 11 Jul 2018

Hey @Marcin,

@Marcin

I was trying that before I turned to 'reclaim tool', did not work before, and right now all I am getting is 'Invalid response'.

Well, it will definitely work if you’re using the correct seed. And the message you got from the reclaim tool, that your old seed has balance, indicates that this is indeed the correct seed. But you need to generate and attach as many addresses as you’ve used before the snapshots, attaching only one address might not be enough.

But as I said, it’s hard right now to find a working node. You can see which one should work here: http://iotanode.host/.

We can see on thetangle.org that your balance is just fine on your address.
Unless you plan to send your funds somewhere, you don’t have to do to this attachment procedure.

Marcin
M
Alright, managed to attached the address and got my balance back.
Thank you.
Alexa
Alexa
Marcin - 14 Jul 2018
Alright, managed to attached the address and got my balance back.
Thank you.
Awesome, thanks for reporting back to us!
You're very welcome! Smile

CoinJohn
C
Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)
EricHop - 26 Oct 2017
For those people who did not read and used the reclaim tool to find their balance before realizing that did not help:
It does not matter. You can still use your old seed to do the reattachment loop.

CoinJohn
C
Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (42 reputation)
Alexa - 11 Jul 2018
Marcin - 11 Jul 2018
Hi Marcin, I read the posts here and went back to Bitfinex where I bought IOTa in December last year. I got the addresses I sent them to. I found out that of the 4 transactions from Bitfinex 3 went to the same address. So I presume that the foundation might have taken them? I downloaded the latest wallet version 2.5.7.In case the foundation did not take them, how can I now specifically attach those addresses back to recover my IOTA please?
best regards
John

Hey @Marcin,
Please post these addresses here, so we can have a look at them and check if you have to reclaim or not. Please DON'T post your seed

CoinJohn
C
HI everybody, after reading all those posts I went back to Bitfinex and found the 4 addresses I sent my IOTA to last December. Turns to that 3 were the same address. Am I right then that the foundation would have taken the IOTA in?
If not, how can I specifically re-attach those address to recover my IOTA?  I downloaded the latest version of the wallet, 2.5.7.
With best regards. John

Alexa
Alexa
CoinJohn - 18 Jul 2018
HI everybody, after reading all those posts I went back to Bitfinex and found the 4 addresses I sent my IOTA to last December. Turns to that 3 were the same address. Am I right then that the foundation would have taken the IOTA in?
If not, how can I specifically re-attach those address to recover my IOTA?  I downloaded the latest version of the wallet, 2.5.7.
With best regards. John
@CoinJohn
Hey John!
The Foundation never took any funds after October 23rd 2017. Not even when people reused addresses in a dangerous way. 

But it doesn't matter how often you send to the same address. It's perfectly secure as long as you don't spent from the same address more than once. After you've sent funds from an address, never receive to it again.
Best practice is to just generate a new address each time you want to receive. If you do this, you don't have to worry about address reuse.
Here's a cool Piggy Bank example that explains it:

If you can't see your funds in the wallet right now, it will probably be because of snapshots.
The wallet kind of "forgets" about your addresses after a snapshot and you have to help it remember them again.
To do this, log into the wallet with your Seed, go to the Receive Tab and click Generate New Address / Attach to Tangle. Repeat....
You'll have to generate all the addresses that you've used before the snapshot, only you can know how many you had. 

Addresses will always be generated in the same order. No. 1 will always pop up first, No. 2 will always come up second....
If your address that received funds from Bitfinex was No. 17, it will be No. 17 again now.
Just try it and please let us know if it works and if you have questions. Smile

padmol
p
Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)
Hi I don't know if I'm missing something but, having tried all attempts to reattach my address to my IOTA wallet and the reclaim tool, I still can't see any funds appearing.

The address I in question is OXFEZ9IULCHNHYJGPHFZEGYGNTHLQKGXOTXVZSXQB9CMJQFOKHNMBTNMYKJJBLUHXFCUAMAGDMRGR9HWZQLNZETSZC

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alexa
Alexa
padmol - 19 Jul 2018
Hi I don't know if I'm missing something but, having tried all attempts to reattach my address to my IOTA wallet and the reclaim tool, I still can't see any funds appearing.

The address I in question is OXFEZ9IULCHNHYJGPHFZEGYGNTHLQKGXOTXVZSXQB9CMJQFOKHNMBTNMYKJJBLUHXFCUAMAGDMRGR9HWZQLNZETSZC

Thanks,

Hi @padmol,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

The funds from the address you’ve posted need to be reclaimed with the reclaim tool in the Lightwallet. Attaching addresses isn’t going to help in this case.

When did you complete the reclaim-process?
Did you finish it up to the point when the reclaim tool displays the address where your funds will be sent to, like this?

As the reclaims are processed in batches manually by the IOTA Foundation, your funds won't show up immediately.
You'll have wait for the next batch to be processed, but nobody knows when this will happen.

ademirsjr
a
Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)
Hi,

Today I connect on my wallet, but for my surprise, the value is zero...
I try attach the tangle some times, but the value still zero, I run balance finder on the address and found, as the image below

On the Wallet have this information:

What should I do to load the IOTAs on my wallet?
padmol
p
Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)
Alexa - 19 Jul 2018
padmol - 19 Jul 2018

Thanks,

Hi @padmol,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

The funds from the address you’ve posted need to be reclaimed with the reclaim tool in the Lightwallet. Attaching addresses isn’t going to help in this case.

Did you finish it up to the point when the reclaim tool displays the address where your funds will be sent to, like this?

As the reclaims are processed in batches manually by the IOTA Foundation, your funds won't show up immediately.
You'll have wait for the next batch to be processed, but nobody knows when this will happen.

Hi @Alexa

Yes I did get to this point of the reclaim process but as the balance still came up as 0 I felt something hadn't worked. Now I know I need to exercise a little patience.
Thank you for insight and clarity!
Alexa
Alexa
padmol - 20 Jul 2018
Alexa - 19 Jul 2018
padmol - 19 Jul 2018

Thanks,

Hi @padmol,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

Hi @Alexa

Yes I did get to this point of the reclaim process but as the balance still came up as 0 I felt something hadn't worked. Now I know I need to exercise a little patience.
Thank you for insight and clarity!

You're very welcome!

Alexa
Alexa
ademirsjr - 20 Jul 2018
Hi,

Today I connect on my wallet, but for my surprise, the value is zero...
I try attach the tangle some times, but the value still zero, I run balance finder on the address and found, as the image below

On the Wallet have this information:

What should I do to load the IOTAs on my wallet?

Update for anyone reading this:
We talked about it on Disord #help and found out that Ademir's funds have been stolen from him because he used an online seed generator. 

@ademirsjr
If this thief ever gets caught, you will have to provide proof that those stolen coins belong to you.
So even if you don't want to report this to with police, please make sure to keep your seed and all evidence of where your bought your coins from and where you sent them to afterwards. For example save your trade history and your withdrawal history from your Bitfinex account or wherever you purchased your coins.

jhmblvd
j
Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)
I keep getting an error INVALID RESPONSE. I have yet to open the wallet without an issue. Why is it that the wallet can't be fixed? This selecting Nodes, and dealing with Cannot Connect or Invalid Response messages that are useless should not be happening at this point. Please fix the wallet. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search