Help! My IOTA balance is zero! (steps to help you find your balance v2.5.7)

Help! My IOTA balance is zero! (steps to help you find your balance...
Author
F.Guerrero
Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 30 Oct 2017

@Herbie88  After using the reclaim tool, you will still see a zero balance until phase 2 of the recovery tool is released (within the next few weeks hopefully). I know it's scary to see that zero balance, but as long as you save your new seed (and it would help to have your reclaim transaction hash that the wallet provided you), you'll have access to your balance after phase 2. Be sure to read Dom's blog post carefully to understand the process: https://blog.iota.org/gui-v2-5-2-latest-release-with-iota-reclaim-tool-32d364d6241a

Goodnight:

I understand that phase 2 of claim is not yet available with the version of wallet 2.5.3, it will be within two weeks when it can be completed with phase 2.
shnurok123
s
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
no quations, thx
Edited 2 Years Ago by shnurok123
Dizer
D
Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)
@Winston@EricHop@Taylor Allen

Is the 2nd phase of the recovery tool for IOTA tokens out yet? I completed the 1st phase of the reclaim process successfully and now waiting on what to do in the 2nd phase to get my IOTA tokens back. They are currently held by the IOTA foundation. I verified that.

Thank you
Dizer
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dizer - 3 Nov 2017

Is the 2nd phase of the recovery tool for IOTA tokens out yet? I completed the 1st phase of the reclaim process successfully and now waiting on what to do in the 2nd phase to get my IOTA tokens back. They are currently held by the IOTA foundation. I verified that.

Thank you
Dizer

@Dizer  The 2nd phase recovery tool has not been released yet. The team suggested it would be out in a matter of weeks, so it shouldn't be too much longer
Dizer
D
Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)Attached to Tangle (222 reputation)
Winston - 3 Nov 2017
Dizer - 3 Nov 2017

Thank you
Dizer

@Dizer  The 2nd phase recovery tool has not been released yet. The team suggested it would be out in a matter of weeks, so it shouldn't be too much longer

I see. Thanks for the reply @Winston. I'll continue to wait then. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Cecil
C
Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)
Hi, I'm waiting for part 2 of the reclaim tool to see my balance again.

In the mean time, I want to get some more IOTA and hopefully, put them in a different wallet.
I guess that all I  need is another seed - is that correct?
Can I use multiple seeds in the same wallet on the same computer (Windows 7) to effectively have multiple IOTA wallets under the same Windows 7 user ?
EricHop
EricHop
IOTAn Pending (1.5K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Cecil - 4 Nov 2017
Hi, I'm waiting for part 2 of the reclaim tool to see my balance again.

In the mean time, I want to get some more IOTA and hopefully, put them in a different wallet.
I guess that all I  need is another seed - is that correct?
Can I use multiple seeds in the same wallet on the same computer (Windows 7) to effectively have multiple IOTA wallets under the same Windows 7 user ?

Yes, all you need is another seed. The seed *defines* the wallet.
The wallet software uses the seed to determine the addresses in that wallet.
So you can use as many seeds as you like. Note that the wallet does not store anything about your seeds/addresses on the computer.
So the login determines which wallet you use.

lightning
l
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
First,  I want to appreciate the admins and mods of this and other groups who help people out.  Thank you!

The only transaction I have ever had was putting my initial IOTA into my first IOTA wallet about 5 months ago. https://iotasear.ch/address/KRBHSHBZARVQUEGUADJBNOCTBKXOWRVSLUDW9AMMGJWXBNQA9FCVPASGVSULABTRFGRVAHGLEVFWSWV9ULAFGVWKBU

Since August, my wallet has shown 0 balance. I've probably 'attached to tangle' 30 times.  The newest wallet just released this week still shows 0.

Anyway,  I checked the list of addresses that the IOTA team quarantined here:  https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt
...And I don't see my address on that list. 

Should I still proceed with the recovery tool?  Any guidance would be so appreciated!  I'd be happy to tip in $5 in BTC to anyone who can help me restore my IOTA.   

Thanks!
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
lightning - 13 Nov 2017
First,  I want to appreciate the admins and mods of this and other groups who help people out.  Thank you!

The only transaction I have ever had was putting my initial IOTA into my first IOTA wallet about 5 months ago. https://iotasear.ch/address/KRBHSHBZARVQUEGUADJBNOCTBKXOWRVSLUDW9AMMGJWXBNQA9FCVPASGVSULABTRFGRVAHGLEVFWSWV9ULAFGVWKBU

Since August, my wallet has shown 0 balance. I've probably 'attached to tangle' 30 times.  The newest wallet just released this week still shows 0.

Anyway,  I checked the list of addresses that the IOTA team quarantined here:  https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

Should I still proceed with the recovery tool?  Any guidance would be so appreciated!  I'd be happy to tip in $5 in BTC to anyone who can help me restore my IOTA.   

Thanks!

@lightning Thanks for the post. It looks like that address does appear in the snapshot database. The thing that leads to lots of confusion for people in your situation is that the addresses in the snapshot database don't include the 9 character checksum at the end of addresses, so copy/pasting your whole address won't find your address in the database. The solution is to only copy/paste and search for the first half of the address:

KRBHSHBZARVQUEGUADJBNOCTBKXOWRVSLUDW9AMMGJWXBNQA9FCVPASGVSULABTRFGRVAHGLEVFWSWV9U; ###; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED

So this means that your balance is safe and sound. You'll want to follow the reclaim instructions at the bottom of the first post in this thread. Please continue to post questions as you think of them.
Edited 2 Years Ago by Winston
lightning
l
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
Winston - 13 Nov 2017
lightning - 13 Nov 2017

Thanks!

@lightning Thanks for the post. It looks like that address does appear in the snapshot database. The thing that leads to lots of confusion for people in your situation is that the addresses in the snapshot database don't include the 9 character checksum at the end of addresses, so copy/pasting your whole address won't find your address in the database. The solution is to only copy/paste and search for the first half of the address:

KRBHSHBZARVQUEGUADJBNOCTBKXOWRVSLUDW9AMMGJWXBNQA9FCVPASGVSULABTRFGRVAHGLEVFWSWV9U; 1996199778; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED

[[I'll edit out your balance from this post after you confirm that this has solved your issue]]

So this means that your balance is safe and sound. You'll want to follow the reclaim instructions at the bottom of the first post in this thread. Please continue to post questions as you think of them.

Thank you Winston.  I will proceed with the reclaim process.  I'll confirm once I've recovered the IOT
Alejandro
Alejandro
Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)Attached to Tangle (984 reputation)
Hello. 
My balance Iota was zero. However, I was able to recover all my Iotas making use of my old seed. So, people like me do also need to create a new seed and start all the reclaim process because my seed was  committed because of the attack?
Thank you very much for your patience. (English is not my native language)

Winston
Winston
Alejandro - 13 Nov 2017
Hello. 
My balance Iota was zero. However, I was able to recover all my Iotas making use of my old seed. So, people like me do also need to create a new seed and start all the reclaim process because my seed was  committed because of the attack?
Thank you very much for your patience. (English is not my native language)

@arekusandaa If you see your proper balance, then you do not need to reclaim. You are all set.
manelet del cul estret
m
Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)
Hi everybody, I just had a big issue cause I realized that I did the recovery tool process with a scam seed generator. I am trying to fix the problem generating a new seedas @Winston told me. Now I started the recovery proces with this new seed and It says that the 
Proof transaction is pending  .... I press reattach and it says invalid response...do you know how long it takes to confirm the proof transaction?

Thanks

manelet del cul estret
m
Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (45 reputation)
Proof transaction confirmed! now it says summit old seed. Is it right?

manelet del cul estret
m
submit
manelet del cul estret
m
stays in a perpetual          ----Sending..."
manelet del cul estret
m
In the Node configuration we have two options: WEBGL 2 CCurl implementation or CCurl Implementation. Which one is the correct? 
Winston
Winston
manelet del cul estret - 14 Nov 2017
In the Node configuration we have two options: WEBGL 2 CCurl implementation or CCurl Implementation. Which one is the correct? 

Webgl should work. I'm not sure how the multiple reclaims will work. I was under the impression that if you reclaim multiple times during phase 1 of the reclaim, there would be multiple potential reclaim transaction hashes corresponding to those multiple new seeds. Completion of phase 2 can only presumably happen with one of the new seeds, so the first of the new seeds to fully complete phase 2 of the reclaim should be the one to which the final balance is sent
stefano d
s
Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (16 reputation)
Hello,
I would like to ask for help: I have run the 2.5.4 key recovery for KEY REUSE.
I ran all the procedure correctly using the old SEED and the new SEED, which confirmed the operation correctly
but I still don't see Iota in the wallet.
do you think it's the case to wait again or do I have to do some special procedure? thank you
Bella1234567
B
Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)
Please help I have been trying to retrieve my Iota since 3 weeks now. I had not updated Iota light wallet since any update my be until September at October it said some node connection problem them I researched and found out that Iota needed update so I updated to 2.5.3 but balance was still 0 tried tangle but it says pending address. Again updated to 2.5.4 it says same thing and now gives me error of invalid address please help.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search