Pending - 12 days and counting...

Author
T
Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It may only be 1 mIOTA but I would be so happy returned to my wallet.

https://thetangle.org/address/IDEROGHIFQPODMRCLQWBTRP9RRQZ9AQTHXVIGWSMS9SFEOABSKVJVA9NGWYE9WSBUXLUWBZAMRRTRCEFY

As you may see, I have tried multiple re-attachments (some by http://www.reattach.online/ and some by some kind folks at Reddit running their own node).

It was a test transaction to then from Coinone.  That "from" Coinone 12 days ago was the original... I tried re-broadcasting using all sorts of nodes (15+ I am sure including the official ones, the top ones form iotasalad, and some ones I found on Reddit), using both Webgl Curl 2 and CCurl and leaving the wallet open for hours and hours and still... still, it is stuck.

Strangely enough, Coinone still shows it in my balance but of course, when I try to send it to a new address, it says I already sent it... that means it is stuck in the Tangle, right?  How do I make it unstuck?

Do I have to wait for the snapshot for it to be returned to the Coinone Wallet?

Sidenote... this kind of case may be a good one for the devs to study because transactions getting stuck in the Tangle is a really bad thing.  Whatever the solution, I hope it becomes an automatic part of the IOTA Wallet.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
TrailofDead - 18 Dec 2017
It may only be 1 mIOTA but I would be so happy returned to my wallet.

https://thetangle.org/address/IDEROGHIFQPODMRCLQWBTRP9RRQZ9AQTHXVIGWSMS9SFEOABSKVJVA9NGWYE9WSBUXLUWBZAMRRTRCEFY

As you may see, I have tried multiple re-attachments (some by http://www.reattach.online/ and some by some kind folks at Reddit running their own node).

It was a test transaction to then from Coinone.  That "from" Coinone 12 days ago was the original... I tried re-broadcasting using all sorts of nodes (15+ I am sure including the official ones, the top ones form iotasalad, and some ones I found on Reddit), using both Webgl Curl 2 and CCurl and leaving the wallet open for hours and hours and still... still, it is stuck.

Strangely enough, Coinone still shows it in my balance but of course, when I try to send it to a new address, it says I already sent it... that means it is stuck in the Tangle, right?  How do I make it unstuck?

Do I have to wait for the snapshot for it to be returned to the Coinone Wallet?

Sidenote... this kind of case may be a good one for the devs to study because transactions getting stuck in the Tangle is a really bad thing.  Whatever the solution, I hope it becomes an automatic part of the IOTA Wallet.

@TrailofDead Thanks for posting, and welcome to the community.

Here's the bundle within which the 1 Mi transaction was sent:
https://www.iotasear.ch/hash/RBIBIGHJWXW9DOCSUSZCCCQILQ9NVZIRBIUZDGBCPE9YRUXJLWHJXNWOQYRQUZIGBUAFYXYZLZU9JYLFW

It has one input:
9FEN9MEVXVKZMCHCEEURJHJOYKLGQLQKHXGTQBIUZKYXSLOXGBKFJIPZDWMGJAYKZIJQLUYUIDF9QMSEWRXOLICUFZ

That input has already been spent. Therefore your pending 1 Mi transaction has already had its input spent, and will never confirm.

TrailofDead
T
Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)
Thanks for your answer.  I'm kind of unclear about what you mean... but I think I can guess...

In more simple terms, the exchange sent two transactions and the other transaction confirmed before mine, leaving me with a bounced check in a way...?

Sorry, I really don't understand this but it sounds like I should open a ticket on Coinone.

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
TrailofDead - 19 Dec 2017
Thanks for your answer.  I'm kind of unclear about what you mean... but I think I can guess...

In more simple terms, the exchange sent two transactions and the other transaction confirmed before mine, leaving me with a bounced check in a way...?

Sorry, I really don't understand this but it sounds like I should open a ticket on Coinone.

@TrailofDead Yep, they accidentally messed up their withdrawal address processing system I guess. It's not a big deal at all. You just need to send them a support ticket and request that they re-send the transaction.
TrailofDead
T
Thanks.  I didn't think to click further through the transactions and inputs/outputs... I've opened a ticket.  Coinone seems pretty new to the scene, so yeah, mistakes happen.  Probably it happened to more than me and they announced something in Korean and I didn't understand it...

I'm still happy this exchange exists... the only fiat/IOTA pair outside of USD.
TrailofDead
T
So... I'm back. I've given up on Coinone... for now anyways. That 1 MIOTA may forever be lost due to bad customer service. They do appear to have refunded to my account since I can trade with it but they've disabled withdrawals indefinitely and Korea may be clamping down on non-Koreans trading... I'll have to wait and see if I can ever get it back... In the meantime...

My IOTA Wallet is getting the dreaded "Address Re-use" error. I saw someone on Reddit recommend using the mobile wallet instead, that it would ignore that error and process a withdrawal anyways.

Nope. Same error there, too.

I'd like to just give up on my current seed and move to a more secure seed.  One without the mess caused by trying to fix Coinone's mistake.

Can I use the CLI wallet to avoid this error and move my IOTA to a new fresh seed?

TrailofDead
T
Winston
Winston
@TrailofDead
I haven't read all the way back through the conversation, so I'll add the disclaimer that it's very dangerous to deliberately double spend an address.

The wallet address reuse error pops up when you have a previous transaction that's still pending. Promoting/reattaching the pending transaction until it gets confirmed  will fix that error. But I'm assuming you've already tried that, so here's some more info on the CLI wallet:

CLI Wallet -
https://github.com/MichaelSchwab/iota-commandline-wallet
https://github.com/TimSamshuijzen/iotaproxy
CLI Wallet Instructions: https://forum.helloiota.com/post/8584
TrailofDead
T
Thanks, Winston.  I used the Michael Schwab guide.  It was perfect for my purposes.  And yeah, I cleared out that seed to a new one as quickly as I could.  Jeez the Tangle was frustrating today... but it's done.
I really hope this kind of issue can be fixed by a future wallet tool... I'm not bad with Javascript and Powershell... but for non-techies, this would be a lot harder.
Winston
Winston
TrailofDead - 14 Jan 2018
Thanks, Winston.  I used the Michael Schwab guide.  It was perfect for my purposes.  And yeah, I cleared out that seed to a new one as quickly as I could.  Jeez the Tangle was frustrating today... but it's done.
I really hope this kind of issue can be fixed by a future wallet tool... I'm not bad with Javascript and Powershell... but for non-techies, this would be a lot harder.

@TrailofDead
Lots of work to be done in building out the IOTA Ecosystem for sure. Hopefully the new Trinity wallet is a step in the right direction.

Thanks for posting with a follow up to your situation. I'm glad to see you got things figured out.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search