Announcement: GUI release, bug fix, reclaim tool and more is live

Announcement: GUI release, bug fix, reclaim tool and more is live
Author
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
TangleTribe
T
Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Works pretty nice.

In my Case i had 2 older Seeds that i reclaimed with the Tool, both pointing to the new generated Seed.
In one older Wallet Seed the right Amount appeard after Publishing some recievieng-adresses.

From this latest old Seed i made a testtranser which worked succesfully, and now i moved all the amount to the new Seed which
i used in the reclaiming-tool.???

Now the Question:
?Should i also move the Rest of mIota`s from the Exchange?? to the new Seed or just wait until the new Wallet is out ????
danwrubel
d
Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)
Installed the new wallet.
Went through the old seed / new seed association.
Reclaim went as expected with old seed, eventually resulting in my full balance. 
Made a small transfer like @TangleTribe and it went okay. Made a transfer of the rest of my balance from old to new seed. That went okay too. It literally took 10-12 minutes for the second transfer, however.
Any reason NOT to transfer right away my balance from bitfinex to the new seed? I'd like to empty out bitfinex sooner than later before I lose access to them.

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
danwrubel - 25 Oct 2017
Reclaim went as expected with old seed, eventually resulting in my full balance. 
Made a small transfer like @TangleTribe and it went okay. Made a transfer of the rest of my balance from old to new seed. That went okay too. It literally took 10-12 minutes for the second transfer, however.
Any reason NOT to transfer right away my balance from bitfinex to the new seed? I'd like to empty out bitfinex sooner than later before I lose access to them.

@danwrubel It sounds like you've got a good handle on things, and your new seed is working well. There shouldn't be any reason not to transfer funds into it.
sticky1951
s
Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)
Is it just a case of generating new addresses and attaching until balance shows like the previous wallets?
Yativ
Y
Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)
hey guys, pls tell me what are the benefits in this new wallet ?
what are the benefits to transfer my IOTA COINS from bitfinex to the new WALLET ?
alex0985
a
Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)
Hello to whoever reads this!
Please give me a quick  advice.

I've installed the new 2.5.2 wallet yesterday and didn't go through reclaim procedure. Just because I didn't know whether I have to do it in the first place (i.e. were my addresses affected or not).
So start from something I've simply generated and attached a handful of new addresses and several attempts my iotas finally showed up without going through any reclaim procedure.
Now the question is should I get myself a new seed and transfer over all my funds to it anyway (or still go through reclaim procedure) just to be on the safe side, or don't do anything as long as it works?
Thanks.

Edited 2 Years Ago by alex0985
alex0985
a
Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (34 reputation)
Yativ - 25 Oct 2017
hey guys, pls tell me what are the benefits in this new wallet ?what are the benefits to transfer my IOTA COINS from bitfinex to the new WALLET ?

If you don't trade your iotas on exchange (such as bitfinex or any other), then it is much safer to move them to your wallet since technically speaking as long as they sit on exchange account they are not yours.
If something happens to exchange or somebody breaks into your account on exchange site you may loose all your iotas.
So my advice: keep on exchange only iotas that you trade and play with and move the rest to your wallet for hodling.

Yativ
Y
Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)
alex0985 - 25 Oct 2017
Yativ - 25 Oct 2017
hey guys, pls tell me what are the benefits in this new wallet ?what are the benefits to transfer my IOTA COINS from bitfinex to the new WALLET ?

If you don't trade your iotas on exchange (such as bitfinex or any other), then it is much safer to move them to your wallet since technically speaking as long as they sit on exchange account they are not yours.
If something happens to exchange or somebody breaks into your account on exchange site you may loose all your iotas.
So my advice: keep on exchange only iotas that you trade and play with and move the rest to your wallet for hodling.

ohh ok i got it !
 i will transfer half of iota to the wallet like you advice. thank you for answer me !
danwrubel
d
Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)Attached to Tangle (853 reputation)
Winston - 25 Oct 2017
danwrubel - 25 Oct 2017

@danwrubel It sounds like you've got a good handle on things, and your new seed is working well. There shouldn't be any reason not to transfer funds into it.

@Winston Thanks- FYI, Bitfinex is still not allowing withdrawal of iota.Just tried a moment ago..
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search