Help so URGENT please! I trust IOTA, but I'm scared!

Author
C
Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Can you help me? I know that to help me you need information and I explained it in a few words, I had a balance ... then that balance was transferred to an address, a transaction that I did not do, this was Sunday. In summary I was left with balance 0.

I sent you the addresses of transaction 1, 2 and 3 that I made to my account, and the address and Hash of the discounted balance.

First address to which I send my miota to my wallet. ( 18 MIOTA)
DWKSHGHJBEWHODTUCXSB9CMPENYSWLEWFYKDIXJRQEBZUJHMMCLEYXZTBAEOTDVMZJPHCDIZPBRLTJOKD9AUNLWLPX

Second address to which I send more money to my wallet: ( 199.8 MIOTA)
ZWSX9DMSZPXLVVGVYPMEUYPEQIYYMNQLMHTZMSPQL9SKYSICMVIFCQEQXYUZHPNYD9PRZQ9AVUWDJGZYZWUWJGKRED

Third address to which I send more iota for the last time to my wallet: ( 300 MIOTA)
QOSLLGLUVKZWYPIJMLBYVQFATMRSKBXTO9CGIODMJKYLGXMDGBAAEBRSSDBXZBMYTFFQW9CSSIZAAOEBDHPGGJGTOA

And this is the transaction that appears in my wallet, where they discount all my money. (Transaction that I did not do)
. ( - 517.8 MIOTA)

Address :
MLBYICYRBYTZDNPKFOUITOVI99HJYPNIOMTRKVKNGC9WTJZEUKLBSHVZJNQLSELXMQKQJASNBDRFVZSQDXBISFISCZ

Hash:
ZENEISZJSBTKYGJGKVHURROFYBJSCFRKTQBRL9FGCUHPEMHCM9IFPETNODXSUOR9ULYCYDZUDDON99999

I generate new addresses to recover but NOTHING!

Edited 3 Years Ago by CHRISTIANA
HELP
ncickc
n
Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)
I have the same problem!
My wallet is empty and I see outgoing transactions in my history while I only received 1 transaction (my first IOTA buy) and did not send out anything. 
Any help would be appreciated! 
See also my post: https://forum.helloiota.com/5105/Balance-is-zero-transactions-keep-adding-up-in-history
Edited 3 Years Ago by ncickc
kingjulian
k
Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)
This looks really bad, I am sorry to hear this. I just posted about how I am missing IOTAs, but there are no transfers listed...

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@CHRISTIANA @ncickc
Thanks for the posts. I answered Christiana's question in the other thread, but I'll repeat it here again for everyone: If that outgoing 517 Mi transaction was not done by you, then it was unfortunately a thief who stole it. That transaction bundle had multiple address inputs, so it wouldn't have been a reused address - rather, it was a compromised seed. If you used an online seed generator or a short/easy seed, this is the reason for the theft.

I'm really sorry to see this happen.

@kingjulian
Julian, you're in a different situation than these two. You don't have an outgoing transaction in your wallet, from what I understand. Let's try to keep your details within your own thread though. Thanks for posting.
ncickc
n
Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)
Winston - 13 Dec 2017
@CHRISTIANA @ncickc
Thanks for the posts. I answered Christiana's question in the other thread, but I'll repeat it here again for everyone: If that outgoing 517 Mi transaction was not done by you, then it was unfortunately a thief who stole it. That transaction bundle had multiple address inputs, so it wouldn't have been a reused address - rather, it was a compromised seed. If you used an online seed generator or a short/easy seed, this is the reason for the theft.

@kingjulian
Julian, you're in a different situation than these two. You don't have an outgoing transaction in your wallet, from what I understand. Let's try to keep your details within your own thread though. Thanks for posting.

Hi Winston,

I generated the seed with the IOTA android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.iota.wallet&hl=nl) 
Thought this was safe?? 
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
ncickc - 13 Dec 2017
Winston - 13 Dec 2017
@CHRISTIANA @ncickc

@kingjulian

Hi Winston,

I generated the seed with the IOTA android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.iota.wallet&hl=nl) 
Thought this was safe?? 

@ncickc Let's try to keep all of your information within your thread. I have trouble keeping up when we spread our conversation through multiple threads
CHRISTIANA
C
Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (76 reputation)
@Winston

We continue with this thread ... Your last ones were the ones who stole my MIOTAS, but I'm sorry to tell you that I'm a stubborn and persevering person and I needed to understand why ...

Enter the forum and use the tool https://github.com/rajivshah3/IOTA-Balance-Finder#how-to-use and I did all the steps.
And the following appears ... (Remember to look at what I wrote above so you can understand the balances that should appear)

Checking your balance...Press i at any time to stop...
Checking for new addresses
Got a hit! DWKSHGHJBEWHODTUCXSB9CMPENYSWLEWFYKDIXJRQEBZUJHMMCLEYXZTBAEOTDVMZJPHCDIZPBRLTJOKD has a balance of 18 Mi. The balance is currently in the address.
Got a hit! ZWSX9DMSZPXLVVGVYPMEUYPEQIYYMNQLMHTZMSPQL9SKYSICMVIFCQEQXYUZHPNYD9PRZQ9AVUWDJGZYZ has a balance of 199.8 Mi. The balance is currently in the address.

“Checking for new addresses” Continue without stopping and the remaining 300 Missing Miotas do not appear, only 18 and 199.8 appear.

Continue with the process and create a new seed to be able to make the transfer of the myths that appear.

Done, creating final transfer...
[ { address: 'IZMOTXUUDBTMGVV9SJN9BMHZ9BAL9PRZSRRGWOMCJAJRLCMWYRLHPFQLGXWLZHANBIUSQKRNWUANZEUGA',
value: 217800000,
tag: 'CBSNAPSHOTTRANSFER',
obsoleteTag: 'CBSNAPSHOTTRANSFER' } ] [ { address: 'DWKSHGHJBEWHODTUCXSB9CMPENYSWLEWFYKDIXJRQEBZUJHMMCLEYXZTBAEOTDVMZJPHCDIZPBRLTJOKD',
balance: 18000000,
keyIndex: 1,
security: 2 },
{ address: 'ZWSX9DMSZPXLVVGVYPMEUYPEQIYYMNQLMHTZMSPQL9SKYSICMVIFCQEQXYUZHPNYD9PRZQ9AVUWDJGZYZ',
balance: 199800000,
keyIndex: 2,
security: 2 } ] Error: Not enough balance

then codes that have to do with my computer ... strange codes .. and then says this

Sending money to IZMOTXUUDBTMGVV9SJN9BMHZ9BAL9PRZSRRGWOMCJAJRLCMWYRLHPFQLGXWLZHANBIUSQKRNWUANZEUGA...
Error: Invalid Trytes provided

more strange codes but without any important phrase.... 

Continue learning more and I saw this: https://matthewwinstonjohnson.gitbooks.io/iota-guide-and-faq/faq/balance-disappeared.html

Why did my Balance Disappear?
Balances are only held in the most recently used address. Each new transaction made in your wallet automatically sends the remaining balance to a new address within the wallet.
Using a light wallet, you are completely dependent on your full node host to provide your access to the Tangle. They may or may not keep all of your recently used addresses in their memory. If they decide to snapshot, or otherwise change their memory, or if you connect to a new host that has no memory of your History, then your addresses may not be stored in your light wallet & will "disappear".
Fix: You simply generate some new addresses to let the network repopulate your history for you. Think of it as calling out to the network, to receive your history on-demand.

Enter the WALLET and try to remember which was the first NODE you selected and it was this: http://eugene.iota.community:14265
Enter and 217.8 MIOTA appeared, and in the transactions does not appear -517.8 MIOTA unlike when I connect with another NODE.

BUT still missing 300 MIOTAS.
What I did was send me those 217.8 to another address, the transfer was approved but it is still pending ....

Continue linking with the tangle to see if the 300 MIOTA appear but still nothing and the 217 MIOTA transaction is not confirmed to another address and none of the remaining 28 transfers (as shown in the image)

Transaction HASH: DABPEKPXXLREWUAQSUMNNWMPIYO9AFLXJVEYCGYQWURKYZRCRH9YFEIDINUDPAUQHSBAZPZXNYHDA9999

PD: The wallet is updated to the new version.
Edited 3 Years Ago by CHRISTIANA
Winston
Winston
@CHRISTIANA It looks like this was either address reuse or a poorly generated seed. Maybe someone else will be able to jump in and analyze it further
CHRISTIANA
C
I did not understand anything ... can you please tag someone here who knows how to help me?
CHRISTIANA
C
Cryptroll
C
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Christian, it's not very polite to spam your request in several channels of the slack and then leave just to get your answer here.
You're in panic? Get out of it. Take a deep breath and stay calm. Panic doesn't help.

CHRISTIANA
C
I'm just looking for help and I can not find it. And if it looks "desperate" it's because I've been without solutions for days.
CHRISTIANA
C
@Winston Do you know anyone who can help me?

Winston
Winston
Cryptroll
C
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
He was already in that channel, asked for help but said, that everybody should help him here in this thread and left immediately.

CHRISTIANA
C
I still have no solution!
DysfunctionalBoss
D
Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)Master IOTAn (21K reputation)
CHRISTIANA - 20 Dec 2017
@Winston

We continue with this thread ... Your last ones were the ones who stole my MIOTAS, but I'm sorry to tell you that I'm a stubborn and persevering person and I needed to understand why ...

Enter the forum and use the tool https://github.com/rajivshah3/IOTA-Balance-Finder#how-to-use and I did all the steps.
And the following appears ... (Remember to look at what I wrote above so you can understand the balances that should appear)

Checking your balance...Press i at any time to stop...
Got a hit! DWKSHGHJBEWHODTUCXSB9CMPENYSWLEWFYKDIXJRQEBZUJHMMCLEYXZTBAEOTDVMZJPHCDIZPBRLTJOKD has a balance of 18 Mi. The balance is currently in the address.
Got a hit! ZWSX9DMSZPXLVVGVYPMEUYPEQIYYMNQLMHTZMSPQL9SKYSICMVIFCQEQXYUZHPNYD9PRZQ9AVUWDJGZYZ has a balance of 199.8 Mi. The balance is currently in the address.

“Checking for new addresses” Continue without stopping and the remaining 300 Missing Miotas do not appear, only 18 and 199.8 appear.

Continue with the process and create a new seed to be able to make the transfer of the myths that appear.

Done, creating final transfer...
[ { address: 'IZMOTXUUDBTMGVV9SJN9BMHZ9BAL9PRZSRRGWOMCJAJRLCMWYRLHPFQLGXWLZHANBIUSQKRNWUANZEUGA',
value: 217800000,
tag: 'CBSNAPSHOTTRANSFER',
obsoleteTag: 'CBSNAPSHOTTRANSFER' } ] [ { address: 'DWKSHGHJBEWHODTUCXSB9CMPENYSWLEWFYKDIXJRQEBZUJHMMCLEYXZTBAEOTDVMZJPHCDIZPBRLTJOKD',
balance: 18000000,
keyIndex: 1,
security: 2 },
{ address: 'ZWSX9DMSZPXLVVGVYPMEUYPEQIYYMNQLMHTZMSPQL9SKYSICMVIFCQEQXYUZHPNYD9PRZQ9AVUWDJGZYZ',
balance: 199800000,
keyIndex: 2,
security: 2 } ] Error: Not enough balance

then codes that have to do with my computer ... strange codes .. and then says this

Sending money to IZMOTXUUDBTMGVV9SJN9BMHZ9BAL9PRZSRRGWOMCJAJRLCMWYRLHPFQLGXWLZHANBIUSQKRNWUANZEUGA...
Error: Invalid Trytes provided

more strange codes but without any important phrase.... 

Continue learning more and I saw this: https://matthewwinstonjohnson.gitbooks.io/iota-guide-and-faq/faq/balance-disappeared.html

Why did my Balance Disappear?
Balances are only held in the most recently used address. Each new transaction made in your wallet automatically sends the remaining balance to a new address within the wallet.
Using a light wallet, you are completely dependent on your full node host to provide your access to the Tangle. They may or may not keep all of your recently used addresses in their memory. If they decide to snapshot, or otherwise change their memory, or if you connect to a new host that has no memory of your History, then your addresses may not be stored in your light wallet & will "disappear".
Fix: You simply generate some new addresses to let the network repopulate your history for you. Think of it as calling out to the network, to receive your history on-demand.

Enter the WALLET and try to remember which was the first NODE you selected and it was this: http://eugene.iota.community:14265
Enter and 217.8 MIOTA appeared, and in the transactions does not appear -517.8 MIOTA unlike when I connect with another NODE.

BUT still missing 300 MIOTAS.
What I did was send me those 217.8 to another address, the transfer was approved but it is still pending ....

Continue linking with the tangle to see if the 300 MIOTA appear but still nothing and the 217 MIOTA transaction is not confirmed to another address and none of the remaining 28 transfers (as shown in the image)

Transaction HASH: DABPEKPXXLREWUAQSUMNNWMPIYO9AFLXJVEYCGYQWURKYZRCRH9YFEIDINUDPAUQHSBAZPZXNYHDA9999

PD: The wallet is updated to the new version.

@CHRISTIANA, based on your screen shot, your node is definitely out of sync (248814 / 306991 in the bottom left corner--those two numbers need to match). Take a look at my guide and see if you've done all of those steps. https://forum.helloiota.com/7389/My-balance-is-wrong-An-initial-troubleshooting-guide

---
Feeling extra generous?
My donation address is: HWY9NVCJISBQLTWMMXOUVYRN9UVRGXWN9RAKZVKMCMUDBQLEVZHM9WZUZCQFELOOBLATONIOPJJ9OIVAXWFUACBGRA

Edited 2 Years Ago by DysfunctionalBoss
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search