Can I create a test genesis tx?

Author
i
Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was reading some of the code and tests and want to know how I might create my own test genesis tx. Is that possible?
iotastan
i
Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)
iotastan - 11 Dec 2017
I was reading some of the code and tests and want to know how I might create my own test genesis tx. Is that possible?

What I mean is can I create my own set of test tx tokens for own genesis tx?  
Surely, there would be no way for me use use these on the real network, right?  
I am not trying to perpetrate a scam or generate counterfeit coins.

iotastan
i
iotastan - 11 Dec 2017
iotastan - 11 Dec 2017

What I mean is can I create my own set of test tx tokens for own genesis tx?  
Surely, there would be no way for me use use these on the real network, right?  
I am not trying to perpetrate a scam or generate counterfeit coins.

And I am aware of the test bed / testnet, but I want to set up my own private network, with my own fake coins.  Is this possible?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
I'm not sure. You'd probably get better answers on the IOTA slack.
Thomas
T
IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)
I got a local test net running to have complete control for testing, otherwise unexpected transactions from other people trigger your code, you have to create a new Snapshot file and either sign it and replace the signature in the source or just disable the signature checking in your local testnet (hopefully you will not tamper with your own net I assume so it is not needed)

You also have to disable the coordinator milestone checking or create your own fake milestones, I created fake milestones because do not know how the code for the real milestones work and this is less hassle than modifying a lot of code, and it is interesting to pull the tangle around if you want to experiment with that, regardless it works and you can test in isolation.

It would be a good testing tool to have an explorer with all capabilities to monitor your local tangle realtime, but I do not have that yet, perhaps it is possible to find one online and adapt it to work with the local testnet.

I will try to post this on the forum but all my messages are always flagged as spam and do not want to deal with that hassle anymore, so here it is just in case.
Cheers

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Thomas - 17 Dec 2017
I got a local test net running to have complete control for testing, otherwise unexpected transactions from other people trigger your code, you have to create a new Snapshot file and either sign it and replace the signature in the source or just disable the signature checking in your local testnet (hopefully you will not tamper with your own net I assume so it is not needed)

You also have to disable the coordinator milestone checking or create your own fake milestones, I created fake milestones because do not know how the code for the real milestones work and this is less hassle than modifying a lot of code, and it is interesting to pull the tangle around if you want to experiment with that, regardless it works and you can test in isolation.

It would be a good testing tool to have an explorer with all capabilities to monitor your local tangle realtime, but I do not have that yet, perhaps it is possible to find one online and adapt it to work with the local testnet.

I will try to post this on the forum but all my messages are always flagged as spam and do not want to deal with that hassle anymore, so here it is just in case.
Cheers

@Thomas The forum is making me approve all of your posts since some of your information (IP address or username) shows up in the forum's anti-spam database. Switching your username should alleviate this problem. Sorry for the hassle
Thomas
T
IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)
The user id was created new for this forum and should not be in any anti-spam database, if so you can remove it from the database.
The IP is a public one from Deutsche Telekom , if that is the reason to be in the spam database then a lot of users in Germany will be prevented from participating in the forum.
Should you fix your database instead ?

Winston
Winston
Thomas - 18 Dec 2017
The user id was created new for this forum and should not be in any anti-spam database, if so you can remove it from the database.
The IP is a public one from Deutsche Telekom , if that is the reason to be in the spam database then a lot of users in Germany will be prevented from participating in the forum.
Should you fix your database instead ?

@Thomas It's a big database that's widely used by many forums. So it's not ours, and we can't alter it, unfortunately.
hero5512
h
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
Have you solved your problem? I also want build a private chain and I have some question to ask you. Thank you.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search