Trading fee on Bitfinex?

Author
User_Out_Of_Bounds_Exception
Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I'm very new to this whole topic and I'd like to know if there's a fee for trading Iota to USD and vica versa on Bitfinex. I know, that trading Iota is basically for free, but I believe markets still want their share?

newland
n
Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)
I came across the same issue.
My understanding is Bitfinex won't allow you to withdraw anything less than 55M iota and change 0.5 mIOTA
I'm in the same position. I've bought about 80 odd M IOTA now but don;t want to withdraw due to issues with the network and/or wallet.

User_Out_Of_Bounds_Excepti...
Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)
newland - 12 Dec 2017
I came across the same issue.
My understanding is Bitfinex won't allow you to withdraw anything less than 55M iota and change 0.5 mIOTA
I'm in the same position. I've bought about 80 odd M IOTA now but don;t want to withdraw due to issues with the network and/or wallet.

Yeah, that's quite pricey and the withdrawal amount is quite high. I'm really looking forward for other markets to implement IOTA since Bitfinex is expensive and their servers are constantly overloaded and crash.
But my question was more about the trading fees on Bitfinex. On their official site where they explain their fees it says they charge 0.01% for each transaction, but in reality it's more. At least that's what I experienced.

Nezovi
Nezovi
Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (47 reputation)
MARKET-MAKER COMMISSIONS - 0.100%
MARKET-TAKER COMMISSIONS - 0.200%
If you buy ore sell on the market than you market taker
If you buy or sell a fixed order than you market maker.
Frank H. Ritz
Frank H. Ritz
Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)Attached to Tangle (290 reputation)
These things have changed in the last weeks. until September i could trade values of 10€ without any problem. Now the exchanges getting crazy. It is needed importantly that other Exchanges like Kraken are competitors. Bitfinex wants that manny collect values on their exchange wallets. 
Nezovi - 14 Dec 2017
MARKET-MAKER COMMISSIONS - 0.100%
MARKET-TAKER COMMISSIONS - 0.200%
If you buy ore sell on the market than you market taker
If you buy or sell a fixed order than you market maker.

Thanks for the clarification

Frank H. Ritz - 14 Dec 2017
These things have changed in the last weeks. until September i could trade values of 10€ without any problem. Now the exchanges getting crazy. It is needed importantly that other Exchanges like Kraken are competitors. Bitfinex wants that manny collect values on their exchange wallets. 

You're absolutely right. The other day i bought 50 Iota for a friend, now I can't even send it to him, because the withdrawal amount is 65+ Iota, which is crazy. Also 0.5 Iota withdrawal fee is a lot on the long run. We could be talking about several thousand dollars here, if Iota takes over the market in the future (which I believe it will).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search