I wrote a secure open source iota seed generator

Author
s
Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, first post ;-) I made a iota seed generator for windows and linux:

https://github.com/spjsschl/iota_seed_generator

I heard that some people use weird online generators, that steal their seeds and wanted to help. With this software your seed is generated on your machine under your supervision and is never stored anywhere. It uses randomness sources, that are considered cryptographically secure, and generates 81 character seeds.

The code is available, so if you read code, you can verify it does not do anything fishy.
Frederick Roos
F
Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)
Good initiative! Thank you

Feel free to donate
DGIPNVMUFANVSRFMVRXXOBBMEIHHATFAPQBPAPWWBUEBM9RWGTLUOAOSN9ARJRWNJFPKH9MXVDKETFTSDRLMAJDYCB

Digger
D
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
If you are on Linux you might use this one-liner:
perl -e 'open $fh,"<","/dev/urandom"; while (<$fh>) { read $fh,$n,1; $v=ord($n); next if $v>26; $p.= ($v==26?"9":chr(ord("A")+$v)); last if ++$i > 80 } print "$p\n";'

To have even higher entropy replace /dev/urandom by /dev/random, but this might block for a while until your computers' entropy pool is filled.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search