Donations for Node hosts?

Author
R
Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just as a discussion piece; do people think there could be some sort of organization that accepts and donates donations to people that hosts nodes?

If you host a node is there a way to show how much work you have processed?

I think adding a bit of economic incentive in some type of way would really strengthen the infrastructure. The more nodes, the more secure the network right?
ylcnky
y
Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)
That is indeed helpful for the strength of the architecture.
However, I am not sure that suits with the idea and the new things that IOTA brings with (i.e free transaction, tangle, etc.) and personally it sounds to me like mining.
But I agree that can be an incentive.. open to discussion.
Satoshi
S
Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)
Why not to make it as part of wallet as deliberate donation when sending money? People are after all used to pay miners fee. They can see the difference each time and even if they do not contribute, they will be just happy.
Retire-to-the-moon28
R
Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (32 reputation)
Like saying they could "choose" to donate when they send a transaction? I think that is a good idea.

I also like the concept of Cogniota, allowing companies to pay node handlers money for the data collected.

Or also, the IOTA organization could keep a lost of node hosts and allow big companies to donate to them as well. The more secure the system, the more comfortable they will be.

Cogniota is certainly thinking outside of the box, I wonder what other ideas outside of the box could work. I do think the fact that they are free transactions is what sets it apart from any other crypto, and allows it to be great with the machine-to-machine economy. It's kind of like a double edge sword; companies want free transactions for micro-payments, but also they want top notch security.
Retire-to-the-moon28
R
Like saying they could "choose" to donate when they send a transaction? I think that is a good idea.

I also like the concept of Cogniota, allowing companies to pay node handlers money for the data collected.

Or also, the IOTA organization could keep a lost of node hosts and allow big companies to donate to them as well. The more secure the system, the more comfortable they will be.

Cogniota is certainly thinking outside of the box, I wonder what other ideas outside of the box could work. I do think the fact that they are free transactions is what sets it apart from any other crypto, and allows it to be great with the machine-to-machine economy. It's kind of like a double edge sword; companies want free transactions for micro-payments, but also they want top notch security.
Satoshi
S
Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)Attached to Tangle (252 reputation)
Yes that is what I thougth.

Explanation or link for the Cogniota and paying for data? What will be those data good for?
Edited 3 Months Ago by Satoshi
HuKo
HuKo
Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)Forum Mod (962 reputation)
I believe it's just a matter of time before people start to implement different features such as stats on full nodes, leader board of people whole completed the most verification etc. Remember we are still in the very early phases of IOTA...I wouldn't be surprised if in the future people pay others to host full nodes.. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search