My Iota are currently awaiting theft/Can I stop, undermine tx?

Author
j
Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I used iota-help to setup my wallet, not knowing it was a scam site. My iota are currently pending an outward transaction to an address I've never sent to. I've never sent from the address at all. Can I prevent this transaction from going through? Is there a way I could undermine it? Maybe generating a new address and resending? Please help, this is all of my money
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017
I used iota-help to setup my wallet, not knowing it was a scam site. My iota are currently pending an outward transaction to an address I've never sent to. I've never sent from the address at all. Can I prevent this transaction from going through? Is there a way I could undermine it? Maybe generating a new address and resending? Please help, this is all of my money

@justin504 Download the android wallet immediately. Make a transaction to an address that you control. Reattach and rebroadcast the transaction that you send into your wallet once every 3 minutes. This is extremely urgent. 
Edited 2 Years Ago by Winston
justin504
j
Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (57 reputation)
Winston - 5 Dec 2017
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017

@justin504 Download the android wallet immediately. Make a transaction to an address that you control. Reattach and rebroadcast the transaction that you send into your wallet once every 3 minutes. This is extremely urgent. 

I have an asus ux330ua on windows 10, how do I download it? I don't think I have android apps on here. Just microsoft store. Please, thank you very much
MikeMMIoTA
M
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
[b]Winston - 5 Dec 2017
[quote]
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017
https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/download/v2.5.4/IOTA.Wallet.Setup.2.5.4.exe

just download that, make a new wallet by generating a new seed, or maybe do that on your phone. either way backup the seed immediately, at least in 2 different memos somehow.
then generate an adddress to send your funds to and copy it quickly but perfectly.

login with your old original seed and send the funds to your new address asap. and do it over and over til you get them from yourself, before the bad guys do hopefull

justin504
j
MikeMMIoTA - 5 Dec 2017
[b]Winston - 5 Dec 2017
[quote]
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017
https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/download/v2.5.4/IOTA.Wallet.Setup.2.5.4.exe

just download that, make a new wallet by generating a new seed, or maybe do that on your phone. either way backup the seed immediately, at least in 2 different memos somehow.
then generate an adddress to send your funds to and copy it quickly but perfectly.

login with your old original seed and send the funds to your new address asap. and do it over and over til you get them from yourself, before the bad guys do hopefull

I get this message when using trying to send a new transaction"You are attempting to sign a transaction with input that have an already been used. IOTA uses Winternitz one-time signature (W-OTS) scheme, due to it's one-time nature, the security of funds in an address decreases rapidly if you re-sign new transactions using the same key. Please wait for previous transaction to confirm, e.g. by reattaching, before sending another transaction." 

Will Android Wallet still allow the transaction
justin504
j
@Winston I get this message when using regular desktop wallet:

ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED
You are attempting to sign a transaction with input that have an already been used. IOTA uses Winternitz one-time signature (W-OTS) scheme, due to it's one-time nature, the security of funds in an address decreases rapidly if you re-sign new transactions using the same key. Please wait for previous transaction to confirm, e.g. by reattaching, before sending another transaction.

I suppose because the theft is still pending. Will android wallet allow me to still send this transaction?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017
MikeMMIoTA - 5 Dec 2017
[b]Winston - 5 Dec 2017
[quote]
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017

I get this message when using trying to send a new transaction"You are attempting to sign a transaction with input that have an already been used. IOTA uses Winternitz one-time signature (W-OTS) scheme, due to it's one-time nature, the security of funds in an address decreases rapidly if you re-sign new transactions using the same key. Please wait for previous transaction to confirm, e.g. by reattaching, before sending another transaction." 

Will Android Wallet still allow the transaction

@justin504 This is why you have to use the android app. The desktop app doesn't let you do the thing that you need to do in this situation (send a transaction while the previous transaction is still pending).

Having said that, I've never used the android app before, so I have no idea how to download or use it. This is super urgent though, because if the attacker's transaction is confirmed before yours is confirmed, your balance is gone forever.
https://join.slack.com/t/iotatangle/shared_invite/enQtMjgxNDY0Nzk4MjEwLTIyNzU0Nzc5YTA0MzFhZTAwNzkyZjc5ZjRhYmMxMGRlNjdiZGVmYTI4ZTcxMDhjNTQ1YjNkMTBiMGRjZTRmOTY
Join the IOTA slack and ask for help immediately.
kaspernejnej
k
Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)
I am in the same situation, but I dont have anything that works with Android (only got apple products) – is there anything I can do?
justin504
j
kaspernejnej - 5 Dec 2017
I am in the same situation, but I dont have anything that works with Android (only got apple products) – is there anything I can do?

I downloaded a software at www.bluestacks.com for my windows 10, it allows you to download google play apps, I successfully downloaded iota wallet and logged in but it's showing no balance, no anything
Winston
Winston
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017

I downloaded a software at www.bluestacks.com for my windows 10, it allows you to download google play apps, I successfully downloaded iota wallet and logged in but it's showing no balance, no anything

@justin504 Generate some addresses and the balance should show up. Look in the history section to see what's going on.
kaspernejnej
k
Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)
So, I tried installing two android emulators for mac, but none of them are working correctly. Is that really everything I can do? It's pretty tough to see the outgoing pending transaction and just be completely helpless :-
Winston
Winston
So, I tried installing two android emulators for mac, but none of them are working correctly. Is that really everything I can do? It's pretty tough to see the outgoing pending transaction and just be completely helpless :-

@kaspernejnej Go on the IOTA slack and have someone else who owns an android login with your seed and send a transaction for you. I'm sure someone would be willing to do it for a 5% fee or something.

Make sure that you're 100% positive that the pending transaction that you see in your wallet history wasn't done by you though.
Edited 2 Years Ago by Winston
kaspernejnej
k
Okay, already there. Hope someone will help!
justin504
j
@Winston I'm able to see the funds and send but when I sent it says "Failure, please enable PoW" How would I enable that?
Winston
Winston
I'm not sure - these are questions that will find much better answers on the IOTA slack.
justin504
j
Winston - 5 Dec 2017
I'm not sure - these are questions that will find much better answers on the IOTA slack.
@Winston Each time I try to join iota slack, it says "The Invite Like is no longer active." I've tried joining through my desktop wallet, through goolge search, and through side links on other pages. All say the same thing. I hate bothering you but I truly appreciate your help
Winston
Winston
justin504 - 5 Dec 2017
Winston - 5 Dec 2017
@Winston Each time I try to join iota slack, it says "The Invite Like is no longer active." I've tried joining through my desktop wallet, through goolge search, and through side links on other pages. All say the same thing. I hate bothering you but I truly appreciate your help

@justin504 This is super unfortunate. I asked for a new invite link, but it might take some time. I'll post it here when I see that it's generated.
justin504
j
@Winston I was able to send my iota via android, now I'm just going to keep reattaching, do I also rebroadcast? And I sent it to a Binance address, I have since refreshed my binance page to search around. Will that address be no longer good, or is it permanently locked into my binance account? Cause each time you hit depost on iota, it instantly generates new wallet
justin504
j
@Winston It worked! Thank you so much! What is your ether address?

@kaspernejnej Do whatever you have to do to get access to the app, find a software, borrow someone's phone. It worked for me. The app can be difficult to deal with but keep fooling around with it (log out/log in if it won't connect to node) and send to another address. I sent to an exchange wallet address. When you're ready to send, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "Mi" or "Gi" whatever prefix. First time I sent, I got a confirmation it went through but it was iota, not miota. After you send it, you have to reattach immediately. I did this from my regular desktop wallet with compromised seed because android wallet was too slow.

I reattached my transaction.
I logged out, logged back in under new node.
Reattached again.
Logged out, logged back in under new node.
Reattached again.
And it was successful. 

I used nodes with low ping I found here:  https://iota.dance/nodes

I just used the first three with low pings, I assume that'll depend on your location. After you send and hopefully save your money from the asshole who tried to steal it, come back and tip Mr. Winston.

Thanks again @Winston
Winston
Winston
justin504 - 6 Dec 2017
@Winston It worked! Thank you so much! What is your ether address?

@kaspernejnej Do whatever you have to do to get access to the app, find a software, borrow someone's phone. It worked for me. The app can be difficult to deal with but keep fooling around with it (log out/log in if it won't connect to node) and send to another address. I sent to an exchange wallet address. When you're ready to send, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "Mi" or "Gi" whatever prefix. First time I sent, I got a confirmation it went through but it was iota, not miota. After you send it, you have to reattach immediately. I did this from my regular desktop wallet with compromised seed because android wallet was too slow.

I reattached my transaction.
I logged out, logged back in under new node.
Reattached again.
Logged out, logged back in under new node.
Reattached again.
And it was successful. 

I used nodes with low ping I found here:  https://iota.dance/nodes

I just used the first three with low pings, I assume that'll depend on your location. After you send and hopefully save your money from the asshole who tried to steal it, come back and tip Mr. Winston.

Thanks again @Winston

@justin504 YES!!!!!!!

You have no idea how happy this makes me. So glad we were able to save your balance!

Now, since we never figured out the reason for the attempted theft (bad seed vs reused address), I would take extreme precautions. Go ahead and safely create a new seed (don't use an online seed generator), save it, and use a safe computer to login and send you balance to that new seed. Post here with any questions. I
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search