Programming and Testing Questions

Author
T
IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello
Where is the correct place to ask for programming problems ?
.. Please move this post and let me know if this is not the right place

I am trying to test a full iri node running locally, it is fully synched now.

While trying to execute the demo https://github.com/domschiener/leaderboard-example
It accepts a seed and displays the message:
Successfully saved your seed. You can generate an address now.

However it does not work when I click on the Generate Address button (Other people have reported the same thing).

This is the message on the IRI node console:
12/05 11:31:08.251 [pool-5-thread-16] INFO c.i.i.n.r.ReplicatorSourceProcessor - ***** NETWORK ALERT ***** Got connected from unknown neighbor tcp://localhost:55384 (0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1) - closing connection

I also tried using the external DNS name and it returned the same NETWORK ALERT message,

How do we tell the iri node that localhost is a valid neighbor ? , what about the port number ?
Thx

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thomas - 5 Dec 2017
Hello
Where is the correct place to ask for programming problems ?
.. Please move this post and let me know if this is not the right place

I am trying to test a full iri node running locally, it is fully synched now.

While trying to execute the demo https://github.com/domschiener/leaderboard-example
It accepts a seed and displays the message:
Successfully saved your seed. You can generate an address now.

However it does not work when I click on the Generate Address button (Other people have reported the same thing).

This is the message on the IRI node console:
12/05 11:31:08.251 [pool-5-thread-16] INFO c.i.i.n.r.ReplicatorSourceProcessor - ***** NETWORK ALERT ***** Got connected from unknown neighbor tcp://localhost:55384 (0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1) - closing connection

I also tried using the external DNS name and it returned the same NETWORK ALERT message,

How do we tell the iri node that localhost is a valid neighbor ? , what about the port number ?
Thx

@Thomas Thanks for posting - this is probably the correct forum for that question. But you might increase your chances of getting a good answer by posting in the full node guide thread that's pinned in the General Discussion forum. And tag Carpincho for some expert help Smile
Thomas
T
IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I think the demo in github is old and the API has changed:

20:29:26.130 index.js:145 Error: Request Error: Invalid API Version

I also had a similar problem with a cURL example, it was missing the version number parameter which was expected in the newer API version.  

My suggestion to all Devs is to try not to break old code, it is very annoying and reflects bad on the project management if that becomes routine. They should version everything and document itproperly to avoid mismatches and waste of time for everyone.

Thx.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search