IOTA + Raspberry Pi / Arduino (raising topic and suggestion)

Author
y
Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)Attached to Tangle (270 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Millions of people are already playing with micro-computers such as Raspi, Arduino, etc. (hobby, work, learning, etc.).
Network effect matters for IOTA to increase its adaptation and value. Corporate solutions will bring the high impact at one time maybe. But the micro-effect of network of individuals shouldn't be avoided. 
Raising Topic: I am sure IOTA team has already taught about the hardware and software compatibility of IOTA for micro computers. Personally looking forward to see new releases soon with corresponding features.
Suggestions: As being tech-oriented individuals, what can be the easy-to-develop solutions? Lets add up some micro-scale PoC project ideas here.
Edited 2 Years Ago by ylcnky
Scott J
Scott J
Forum Admin (21K reputation)
Group: Administrators
I believe that Andy on the official Slack got IRI running on a Raspberry Pi. 

I have also found this which may be of interest: https://iota948.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/get-iri-up-and-running-on-a-rasberry-pi-3/ 

4ss0
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Scott J - 18 Oct 2017
I believe that Andy on the official Slack got IRI running on a Raspberry Pi. 

I have also found this which may be of interest: https://iota948.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/get-iri-up-and-running-on-a-rasberry-pi-3/ 

Hi,
i'm an enthusiast noob and I'd like to set up a full node with a Raspberry Pi.
I didn't understand if IRI is the same as a full node, and i've read that you need a 4GB RAM minimum to run one, but in your post it seems that a Raspberry can handle the work. Is that right ?
Sorry for the dumb question, but i would like to run a full node, but with less costs possible.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search