iota.api.sendTransfer with zero value ?

Author
T
IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)IOTAn Pending (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I am trying to run my first test after installing and running for the first time a full IRI node with 4 peers (Still synchronizing , if that is the correct terminology here).

I can use iota.api.getNodeInfo and it replies with the node info, and call iota.api.getNewAddress  to generate 2 new addresses, which plan to use to send a transfer from one address to the other.

So far I do not have any iota to test (and assume the iri node is using the main tangle) , so I tried to call iota.api.sendTransfer(seed, Depth, MinWeightMagnitude, transfers, options, (error, transactions) after placing  value: 0 in transfers as the number of tokens to transfer.

The iota.api.sendTransfer call fails with sendTransfer error Error: Invalid inputs provided

What is wrong ?

I am not sure if transfering zero tokens is allowed, or how to test this demo in a test tangle, or if I have to wait to have a fully synched IRI node.  Please advise.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search