help on lost iota from new wallet created with new seeds on Ledger Nano

help on lost iota from new wallet created with new seeds on Ledger...
Author
H
posted 2 Years Ago
HELP
HOT
Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have this  downloaded a  wallet from iota.org, once down loaded, the option was to use an existing wallet, or create a new . I selected an existing , via Nano . I downloaded into Nano iota the necessary as advised.

There was  no option   to "  put  password or username ", it was only as below.

When i requested to use an existing wallet, ( on the bottom left), it said create a name , i kept to the same name as before.

I put the same index as a had before created.

and then i had to a password in twice.

It then said creating seeds please wait.

When the account opened, my IOTA was not there.

My question, has the generation for new seeds removed the old seeds of iota off the Nano, and thereby i ve lost them forever .

And of course the new seeds created is a new wallet which has nothing in.

Basically before the hack i had a sizeable quantity of iota , and before being aware not to try to access the wallets, i tried several times to access with any luck.I then read they we should not try to access our wallets things were resolved.
HELP
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (10K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi @HardTiger

welcome to Hello IOTA!

First of all, Ledger accounts were never affected by the Trinity hack, so that’s nothing you need to worry about.
If you do wish to check if your IOTA are still where they should be, you can just look up your address on https://thetangle.org/.

Now, the Ledger seed is always generated from your personal Ledger (setup with your specific 24 words) + index number.
Every time you use the same Ledger (same 24 words) + the same index number it will always create the same seed.
So the answer is: No, it’s not possible that you have removed, deleted or somehow overwritten the „old seed“ from your Ledger.
Because if you used the same Ledger + same index the seed will be the same old seed and not new at all. 

Please double check that you’ve really chosen the correct index („Settings“ -> „Account settings“ -> „View seed“). If your index is correct and you still can’t see your IOTA, maybe choose a different node and / or let Trinity do a snapshot transition („Settings“ -> „Account Settings“ -> „Tools“).

If you need further assistance I'd recommend you to join IOTA's Discord (https://discord.iota.org/) and ask in the #help channel.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search