How can I buy IOTA from the US?

Author
J
Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am beginning to get more comfortable with what the cryptocurrency market has to offer, and would like to start purchasing IOTA. The problem is, I do not know how to go about this. Is there a specific site, wallet, and way to go about things that any of you would recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
JacobFredrickson - 8 Jul 2019
I am beginning to get more comfortable with what the cryptocurrency market has to offer, and would like to start purchasing IOTA. The problem is, I do not know how to go about this. Is there a specific site, wallet, and way to go about things that any of you would recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@JacobFredrickson
This is a good question.

The primary method for buying IOTA for US residents used to be:
http://iotasupport.com/buyingiotaotc.shtml
1. Convert USD to BTC or ETH via Coinbase
2. Send newly acquired BTC/ETH to Binance
3. Convert BTC/ETH to IOTA on Binance

I'm not sure if Binance is still catering to US customers, however. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Edited 6 days ago @ 6:04 PM by Winston
JacobFredrickson
J
Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (30 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the reply! I read that article, along with another on Medium. They were both very helpful, but I am still uncertain with the specific transactions that have to take place to convert the BTC to IOTA on Binance. I don't know if you are from the US, but if you know anything on how to go about that, it would be awesome. I am trying to get fully prepared before I get involved.
Edited 4 days ago @ 4:05 PM by JacobFredrickson
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
JacobFredrickson - 11 Jul 2019
Thanks for the reply! I read that article, along with another on Medium. They were both very helpful, but I am still uncertain with the specific transactions that have to take place to convert the BTC to IOTA on Binance. I don't know if you are from the US, but if you know anything on how to go about that, it would be awesome. I am trying to get fully prepared before I get involved.

@JacobFredrickson 
Let's go into more detail on the Binance side of things then:
1. Deposit BTC into your Binance account
2. Navigate to the BTC/IOTA trading pair on Binance
3. Post either a market buy order or a bid order
4. When your order is filled, you will have traded your BTC for IOTA
5. Now you can withdraw your IOTA from Binance and into your own Trinity wallet

Hopefully that's a little more helpful.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...