Trinity Desktop 0.6.1 Blank Black Screen

Author
r
Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I have tried multiple times, rebooted, etc. and each time I run the new Wallet it just arrives at a blank, black screen without any way to login/enter my password.  There aren't even any window's controls to minimize, maximize, close.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited 3 Months Ago by rodeobri
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
rodeobri - 23 Jun 2019
Hi all,

I have tried multiple times, rebooted, etc. and each time I run the new Wallet it just arrives at a blank, black screen without any way to login/enter my password.  There aren't even any window's controls to minimize, maximize, close.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi @rodeobri,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

There have been some issues with Trinity lately and troubleshooting seems to depend a lot on details like which OS you’re on and what version of Trinity you’ve used before you went to 0.6.1.

Since version 0.6.2 is already available, maybe your issue got fixed and this newer version will work for you.
If it doesn’t, I'd recommend that you ask Trinity’s developers directly on Discord in the #trinity-discussion channel.
They know best what might cause which problem and how to fix it. Here’s an invite link for the Discord: https://discord.iota.org/.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
rodeobri
r
Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)
Alexa - 24 Jun 2019
rodeobri - 23 Jun 2019
Hi all,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi @rodeobri,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

There have been some issues with Trinity lately and troubleshooting seems to depend a lot on details like which OS you’re on and what version of Trinity you’ve used before you went to 0.6.1.

Since version 0.6.2 is already available, maybe your issue got fixed and this newer version will work for you.
If it doesn’t, I'd recommend that you ask Trinity’s developers directly on Discord in the #trinity-discussion channel.
They know best what might cause which problem and how to fix it. Here’s an invite link for the Discord: https://discord.iota.org/.

Strangely my last reply was marked as spam.  The 0.6.2 version did work in that there is no longer a blank screen, however it then said that I needed to reset my wallet.  I did that, but it said it needed a correct password (noplace to input a password when resetting).  Now it says it cannot access keychain for secure storage when I try to log in with my password!

Brian

rodeobri
r
rodeobri - 24 Jun 2019
Alexa - 24 Jun 2019
rodeobri - 23 Jun 2019
Hi all,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi @rodeobri,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

Strangely my last reply was marked as spam.  The 0.6.2 version did work in that there is no longer a blank screen, however it then said that I needed to reset my wallet.  I did that, but it said it needed a correct password (noplace to input a password when resetting).  Now it says it cannot access keychain for secure storage when I try to log in with my password!

Brian

Oh, and sorry - on Windows 10 and my past wallet was 0.3.3 
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
@rodeobri
Hey Brian,
my knowledge regarding Trinity is rather limited, but let’s give it a try. Smile

Before you do anything, please make sure that you have backups of your seed and password (and index number in case you’re using a Ledger Nano).

The last version of Trinity you used is really old and not compatible with anything newer than version 0.4.6., because version 0.5.0 introduced a new encrypted database for account and transaction history storage.
This incompatibility might be the cause of your issues and you should get rid of all old Trinity related software stuff.
Delete any wallet version you have on your device right now, look for the „%APPDATA% Trinity“ folder and delete that as well.

Then install Version 0.4.6 first and run it. This version really should work.
Disable „Use system proxy“ in the Advanced settings.
Then upgrade to 0.6.2.
After installing 0.6.2., but before you setup your wallet again, change your node settings to this for a smooth onboarding:

Please let us know how this went! Good luck!

P.S.: I have no idea why your post got flagged as spam. If it happens again please let me know via Private Message. 

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Edited 3 Months Ago by Alexa
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search